Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 10-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
nytek

Smile Beginner's Book List

Here is a list of beginner's material and things for beginners to steep their minds in. It's in no way meant as a complete list, and that in mind, now I invite everyone to fill in the blanks according to their wisdom. I've provided links to what I've posted where I could and where I've felt like it.

Enjoy.

Magick Without Tears by A.C. (html)
Konx Om Pax by A.C. (pdf)
Book IV by A.C. (htm)
The Equinox (www.the-equinox.org) compiled by A.C. (html)
The Witch's Spellcraft (revised) by Tarostar
Practical Sigil Magick by Frater U.D. (pdf)
Modern Magick by Kraig (html)
NAOS: Practical Guide to Modern Magick (pdf)
Book of Thoth by Aleister Crowley (pdf)
Understanding the Book of Thoth by Lon Milo DuQuette
Liber AL by A.C. (pdf)
Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus (pdf)
Record of John St. John by A.C. (html)
Aleister Crowley and the Practice of the Magical Diary by Wasserman
Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Swatmarama (pdf)
Rites That Go Wrong by Phil Hine (html)
Monsters and Magical Sticks - There's No Such Thing as Hypnosis (download link)
Frogs Into Princes by Grinder and Bandler
"Trance-formations": Neuro-Linguistic Programming™ and the Structure of Hypnosis by John Grinder and. Richard Bandler
23 file-packed Grinder and Bandler Books on Waking Ericksonian Hypnosis (NOT stage hypnosis) (torrent download)
Evoking Eternity by EA Koetting
Questing After Visions by EA Koetting
Undoing Yourself With Energized Meditation and Other Devices by Chris Hyatt (pdf)
Complete Guide to the Kaballah by Will Parfitt (excerpt - pdf)
A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking (pdf)
Crystal Vision Through Crystal Gazing by Frater Achad (pdf)
Real Alchemy by Robert Allen Bartlett (preview - HTML)
(download) (download link #1) (link #2) (link #3)
A Garden of Pomegranates by Israel Regardie (download link)
"LIBER O" (html)
Liber 333: The Book of Lies (pdf)
Liber AHA! (html)
Liber Israfel (html)
The Abul-Diz Working (html)
Liber E (html)
Liber Jugorum (html)

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 10-10-2010 at 10:25 PM.
nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Izabael DaJinn

Thank you, Nytek! "What is a good beginner book on magick?" is one of the most common questions I receive.

xoxo
izabael

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
amjollner

nytek,
thank you. some of the books you gave the titles to the other day, I was unable to find... thank you so much for including the sites so to view and study..
amjollner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
nytek

You're welcome, all. The links and the list have been somewhat updated as well if you'll check.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Old 10-11-2010, 02:33 AM   #5
ceewayne

The Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan - pdf

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
ceewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
Magari

I wish to add Manly P. Hall's "Secret Teachings of All Ages".

It is an incredible tome of inspiration and history that will lead any curious creature in the right direction.

edit: (nytek-link: http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/index.htm)

Last edited by nytek; 11-22-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #7
Ignis Fatuus

I have several of these, but there are some new titles, too. Thanks for compiling it so conveniently!
Ignis Fatuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #8
nytek

I offer no true disclaimers for this material beyond the simplistic, nor do I make any personal endorsements or provide true apologetics. In nature the wolf just does not cry when it eats the lamb. And that in mind some of this material may very well likely piss you off and rub you the wrong way for sake of what it is and what you don't like about that. Fine. Don't kill the messenger in that case. Through me presenting it, you acknowledging that such material exists will enlighten your overall perspective of vampirism one way or another I feel.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45628358...ch_-_Oizus.pdf
Liber Hirudo: Book of the Leech by Oizus
Vampirism plain and simple. There are rituals too but I haven't "played" around with them and don't plan to either.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45628688..._Made_Easy.pdf
Charles Cosimano - Psionic Vampirism Made Easy
If you happen to be into radionics devices then this will be more useful to you than otherwise.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45628915...cle_Chucky.pdf
Basic Psionics by Cosimano
(Posted for sake of finding that you don't know enough about Cosimano's shoebox radionics machines to make the aforementioned vampire-box. See Psionic Vampirism Made Easy.)

http://rapidshare.com/files/45628391...el_W._Ford.pdf....
The Vampire Gate by Michael Ford
A grimoiric example of vampire magick.

http://www.4shared.com/get/ZD5MKVlY/...e_Vampire.html
Ardeth: The Made Vampire
I haven't read this all but it seems like a good enough entry level book to vampiric technique despite the writing style not being my favorite. The author seems overly elitist as well as ignorant to the benefits of evocation. Otherwise this book has at least some similar exercises to those which I originally learned to get started. These are techniques many will find vital that are left out of the other vampiric grimoires for whatever reason.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45628391...__digimob_.pdf...
Gamaliel: Diary of a Vampire by Grant
This book is presented in the form of a diary. It shows what may happen to some when they strengthen the predatory atavisms within themselves to the point that they become lost in the torrent evoked. The descent of a girl through the depths of personality imbalance.... Most interestingly this book also includes an expose upon the origins of the popular myths and stereotypes behind the western vampire.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45629742...-_Akhkharu.pdf
Akhkharu by Michael Ford
Another vampiric grimoire. This one I haven't gone in depth with, but for those who want to read through it anyway I decided it might be useful. It has sigils for marking vampiric talismans (akin to physical state-anchors in NLP terminology) with, which art is written about by Hagur here:
http://sinisterpathwaytriangleorder....ychically.html
Quote:

Use of Archetypal Creatures or items to Become a Vampire

Sometimes force, or balance magick has been used to create an item which is very dense in energy and vampire consciousness. Vampire consciousness simply refers to thoughts or ideas about vampires, or thoughts of vampires. When this combination exists in an item, it may be used by a willing creature to invoke vampirism in their own bodies. There may be a word of power which is uniquely tied into the item and activates it, however generally they are used by concentrating on your desire. Occasionally these items are even powerful enough to be used to turn others into vampires, although this generally requires the use of someone with an extremely powerful or trained will.
Again: http://sinisterpathwaytriangleorder....ychically.html

Be warned however, as either he (Hagur) is full of it at times and completely aiming to mislead, or is including blinds in some of his works on vampirism in order to mislead the gullible or the lazy researcher.

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 04-17-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
nytek

The Hexagradior - The Six Steps - A rare energy working grimoire posted here for you, which I was able to find and upload myself but recently. (download)

--C.G. JUNG

Old 10-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
wartyg

I think this is a good book, especially for beginners

http://www.infinite-beyond.com/scrip...initiation.pdf
wartyg is offline   Reply With Quote