Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick & Mayhem Any and all magickal or occult topics (that don't have their own specific forum). This is not limited to: tarot, alchemy, Hermeticism, astrology, Aldous Huxley, H.P. Lovecraft, crystals, C.G. Jung, Kenneth Anger, Anton LaVey, Robert Anton Wilson, Carlos Castaneda, geomancy, and Ouija boards.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
Izabael DaJinn

Default Kingdoms of Flame, mini-review

For those unfamiliar with Kingdoms of Flame, by Archaelus Baron (E.A. Koetting), it is a grimoire with three types of entities: angels, demons, and spirits. This final category, spirits, seems to be dead humans, or ancestors.

There is a gate you must draw on the ground to lie in. I find this step crucial to the process. The first time I read the short incantation of the Gate and laid down in it, I was in for a magickal experience like any other. I felt swamped by rolling waves of energy, and felt, immediately covered with entities or energies from another place.

There are some squares, like Abramelin squares, to use before invoking a specific demon. After some experimentation, I found the best way to open the squares is by drawing them astrally, letter by letter in the air. This can take some time and patience in the case of the larger squares, but it is worth it.

The entities in this book, are very active. They suck me into a “trip” with them almost immediately. The contact is so intense, that for several moments, it’s almost like I’m on an acid or Salvia trip. I did usually smoke one hit of weed before each working, and I will say that moreso than most magickal systems, weed seems to be entirely harmonious to contacting these guys. (I found the opposite to be true of Enochian, where a sober head, and strict following of ritual prescriptions was necessary for me to have any contact at all.) There are fairly distinct differences between the demons, angels and spirits, but this is best experienced through practice.

I drew the symbols from the circle around the walls of my home, and drew the gate with a sharpie on a white sheet. I also drew out a large triangle, which contains a symbols for angel, demon, and spirit respectively in each corner. Within the triangle I would place the sigil of whichever spirit I was currently contacting. There is also a protective symbol to used by the magician at all times, which I am not giving here, but I had drawn on my left plam.

I started by invoking what are known as the three Wisemen, which are three spirits that teach the best way to communicate with angels, demons, and spirits most effectively. For example, Fastus explained I should not give gifts to any demons as they will never be satisfied. Atron explained that the spirits usually give practical advice...almost folksey advice, but in a good way. It’s like the spirits don’t go in for that “demon” and “angel” nonsense. And Meton discussed angels with me, including showing me how they can appear beautiful and baffling and bright, but wink out of existence when I do something wrong or lose my attention. This turned out to be quite true when I ended up working with two of the angels in the book,Acheron and Enkidorat. I could make contact with them, but once “dismissed” by them, it was difficult or impossible to reconnect to them in that working. Considering they give a lot of information in a short amount of time, this really isn’t a problem.

The demons, I found to be straightforward and to give fairly practical advice. Martal seemed wise and helpful, even calming. However the angel Acheron was obssessed with showing me images of himself, and was very draining. While Enkidorat was a better experience, I’m still of the mind that the angels in this book are FALLEN angels, that’s why none of them have wings (except for Acheron). So far, I have felt more comfortable with the demons than the angels in this book. The whole thing is probably an infernal book anyway. Kingdom of Flames? It’s hell, right, but hell with skies of pink cotton candy delight...or at least seemed like it to me during one of my trips.

As far as results, so far I’m noticing huge changes in my behavior. This is different, because my results with Goetia and such have been that things happen to me, but my behavior is little changed. Kingdom of Flames seems to be changing my behavior, for the better, it’s actually quite a maturing feeling working with these entities.

The balance between the angels, demons, and spirits is a perfect one and shows how lower desires (sex, pleasure money,) are not mutually exclusive with desires of spiritual advancement and oneness with the universe. In fact reading through the descriptions of the angels and demons I was constantly reminded of :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liber AL
I am the secret Serpent coiled about to spring: in my coiling there is joy. If I lift up my head, I and my Nuit are one. If I droop down mine head, and shoot forth venom, then is rapture of the earth, and I and the earth are one.
Angelic desires transcend upward, while demonic desires are an indulgence of the earth. The spirits are sort of between these two extremes, giving down-to-earth advice to any situation from a human point of view.

I would say the only flaw to this book (besides occasional typos) is that is almost too perfect. Like a Parker Brother’s Ouija board of grimoires it comes together exactly how I would hope a grimoire would. (Does Ladilok [i.e. lady lock] seem too convenient of a name for a woman-enslaving demon? Or even Fastus [i.e. Faustus] as a spirit who knows the language of demons?)

Then again, in this post modern occult landscape, does it really matter if the book is a modern fabrication or not? Has not chaos magick and such recent additions to occultdom like Simon’s Necronomicon proven that invented magick can be equal or more powerful than ancient or “authentic” magickal texts? Many of the early texts may be someone’s intended fabrication as well. All of them are a bit fantastical. That seems to help them work.

The sigils of the demons are drawn using the squares similar to how sigils are created from the center of the Golden Dawn rosy cross. Here is one called Adakamon:

The descriptions of the entities are probably the coolest of any grimoire ever. This again almost leads to a “too polished” feel and makes me wonder if this was all invented by the author. However, if was invented, it’s still genius as I’ve never seen a grimoire with such a brilliant and modern internal logic. The world feels complete unto itself and has its own resonance like nothing else I’ve utilized. Here are a few at random:

Letana -- Encouraging Angel, she comes as a beautiful but pure woman, young yet still very wise. She wears a lacy, white gown that covers her slender body. Her blue eyes are always slightly moistened with tears of compassion. Letana gives courage and strength when despair prevails.

Adakamon -- Grand Demon of the Third Kingdom of Night. Adakamon manifests as a muscular man wearing a leather battle dress studded with polished steel. His long, shiny black hair is tied behind his head. His face is hard, his jaw bulging with his teeth clenched. His constant glare seems to melt all he surveys. When the Grand Demon speaks, there is hard a rumbling behind him, every word punctuated with the slight thunder of his Kingdom. Adakamon is the Lord of Murder, way, rape, and bloodshed. He is the Grand Demon of misery and suffering.

Disodioria -- Mad Demoness. Disodioria's appearance may shift between a beautiful, young, innocent virgin and an old crone. Often, in speaking, she will mumble and rant on subjects of absolutely no relation, as if she were her own victim. Disodioria whispers madness into the ears of men, confusing their thoughts and leading them into insanity. A great ally and an awful foe.

Cool, huh? Don't ask where to get a copy though. Probably best to do a spell to obtain it.

xoxo
Izabael

p.s. The other thing I wrote in my notes is how these entities so easily raise my Kundalini when I use them. Perhaps the flames are the fire of the Kundalini.

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B

Last edited by Izabael DaJinn; 05-16-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
fadeaway

Send a message via MSN to fadeaway

Looks like a really interesting read.
Apparently there are barely any copies of this in circulation, only a few hundred if that. Know if that's true?
fadeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:56 AM   #3
ceewayne

I read an interview with the author. His point of view I agree with in that moving away from the 'I command ye' to more of a mutual respect and asking demons, angels and spirits for advice.

Here it is.

I shall go forth to the Used Bookstores!

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
ceewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izabael DaJinn View Post
There are some squares, like Abramelin squares, to use before invoking a specific demon.
I've been able to reach them without the squares. I've also been able to make the same type of contact normally made when meditatively tracing the sigils of other grimoires in this case of KoF merely by looking at my first copy with mild intent in most cases.

My skrying is not top notch otherwise, though I did have a pretty cool vision of the golden room when I didn't know what to expect having copied many squares onto paper. Having said that I do believe the squares open gateways, and sincerely. I passed through the barrier and transferred my consciousness to that image and found myself in a dark room. I said, "LIGHTS", and the dense heaviness of the walls became golden, and instantly I remembered reading about that in KoF another time and thought how awesome it would be if it were the right kingdom (and it was).

Quote:
After some experimentation, I found the best way to open the squares is by drawing them astrally, letter by letter in the air. This can take some time and patience in the case of the larger squares, but it is worth it.
I've found a more simple way of doing that, I think. I use my dagger consecrated as it is in EE with my own light, to trace the lines of it and to thereby activate them as containers for a definite force; like boxes. After tracing the squares' lines I like to trace the letters within them. This letter I use next as a filter and so I tap the letter with the blade's tip and through it the cell then fills with energy flavored by that letter. Make sense?

If done meditatively this feeling of the full charged sigil and the process in charging each letter one by one seems to make it easier for me to feel the sigil rather than see it in detail, and to then step through the barrier of that projected feeling, if that also can be related to by you enough to make sense of it.

Quote:
The entities in this book, are very active.
Try putting a sigil in your pillow. I did this with Sammask and got a dialogue about how he is also in history a healing angel but this is little known, and other things. Saspu gave me dreams about old friends and made me appreciate the memories I have yet to make filling me with a friendly type of a love for a while after waking. To say they're active though is an understatement. Wow.

Quote:
They suck me into a “trip” with them almost immediately. The contact is so intense, that for several moments, it’s almost like I’m on an acid or Salvia trip.
I can definitely see that. Vivid and visceral is my experience.

Quote:
I did usually smoke one hit of weed before each working, and I will say that moreso than most magickal systems, weed seems to be entirely harmonious to contacting these guys.
Agreed. I noticed I had a much easier time with the squares in particular that way using hybrid indica/sativa strains. Hash capsules failed me not too unsurprisingly.

Quote:
(I found the opposite to be true of Enochian, where a sober head, and strict following of ritual prescriptions was necessary for me to have any contact at all.)
I guess we've had a totally different experience of Enochian. Complex Enochian openings by watchtower irk me, though others love them. You can accomplish the same thing very much completely with an Enochian LRP and use of the appropriate calls in my experience. Otherwise my strongest contact ever and most vivid visions to date came after having a full hash capsule and chanting Enochian Tablet of Union names as mantras for a good while rather than in any gilded lily golden dawn workings, as I personally see them.

It's not the MJ but the technique of using it. That's all easy if you can use the MJ's Venusian aspects to inflame yourself rather than becoming lost through it to fleeting passions and visions. Thankfully even basic formal sitting meditation experience makes that possible with focus and will. I have to say a few hits would not be sufficient in my experience, though. Enochian has always worked better when the substance has peeled away some of my identity and much of my grounding in this plane. The physically manifested results of the entities are mixed between MJ and nothing for me.

Quote:
There are fairly distinct differences between the demons, angels and spirits, but this is best experienced through practice.
Agreed but I love the angels and the demons energies. The angels are all so mighty and glorious, and they're so sentient. The demons are all so ... fiery and full of pride and this dark feeling of power I can't describe. The spirits just seem really helpful, and yes, most human-like.

Quote:
I drew the symbols from the circle around the walls of my home, and drew the gate with a sharpie on a white sheet.
That's one thing I didn't do already having a taped circle down which I simply reused.

Quote:
I also drew out a large triangle, which contains a symbols for angel, demon, and spirit respectively in each corner.
That similar then, as I've added them onto my glorified black poster-paper triangle I'd already made. 31"x31"x31", white tape, green circle, flashing red Michael markings. I feel the symbols help on a few levels, psychologically linking you to the evocation at hand, and also in skrying them a bit you can feel what they do which then becomes a sub-current applied subconsciously to the evoked entity's current as you'd want.

Quote:
Within the triangle I would place the sigil of whichever spirit I was currently contacting.
Sometimes I did that, sometimes I didn't. I didn't have success in complete physical manifestation but that is due to lack of immersion since you almost don't need any it turns out. The next evocations I do once I'm able to get back to KoF will for sure have at least a day of immersion through kinetic meditations and contemplation, et al.

Quote:
There is also a protective symbol to used by the magician at all times, which I am not giving here, but I had drawn on my left plam.
It's cool. He gives the seal out in the KoF exerpt he has on his website. I merely copied that down onto paper and glued it to cardboard. From there you can cut it out and add red ribbon to it for consecration in the areas of what he says it's for. I notice a subtle but immediate difference in how the entities of the book will respond to a person evoking them with or without that seal.

Quote:
Meton discussed angels with me, including showing me how they can appear beautiful and baffling and bright, but wink out of existence when I do something wrong or lose my attention. This turned out to be quite true when I ended up working with two of the angels in the book,Acheron and Enkidorat. ... Considering they give a lot of information in a short amount of time, this really isn’t a problem.
Enkidorat was a hard one for me, though I didn't use his square at those times. His results shortly after were powerful though and I began to interpret the things I read and learn about the occult in a way that made me aware of my own potential for Godhood. I realize my microcosmic status more and more lately on a profound new level of experiencing and comprehending reality. It's a type of maturity, sure.

Quote:
The demons, I found to be straightforward and to give fairly practical advice.
I liked Kaltemtal who is a Grand Demon I think. I'd asked him to surround me with evil and blackness and to distill from that knowledge of the secrets of domination over a period of three days. Wow. I got things like knowledge on how to use darkness to constrict and press upon the auras of others to intimidate them , and other impressions that would help a person intimidate in a business setting without losing their sense of humor. Or merely to even remotely intimidate if one has a little experience working with distance-rapport skills.

What I really got from him was a change in behavior though, so noticeable that people commented on liking it. I suppose I was more outrageous and more expressive rather than receptive; tendencies to use my own evil force to unbalance another were exposed to me in impressions. My own evoked behaviors and their contemplation lead to further insight into the roles we play in the sometimes master-slave oriented world we can create in one perspective.

In a related note, Eshmak as a black mist taught me secrets of influencing a person almost exactly the same way NLP does the same intellectual influencing. A person chooses to hypnotize themselves based on certain things. I'm not so sure I should talk about what I learned in depth. He seemed wise but sneaky. He is an amazing manipulator despite the grimoire saying he cannot work on the emotions. This is because he causes the person to work on their own emotions, so to speak. Nevertheless, you're not limited to one entity per goal if the entities in question are deemed synergistic in purpose if not their natures.

Quote:
Martal seemed wise and helpful, even calming.
Yet all the same he's surrounded by impenetrable spiritual blackness to me. It's still by comparison to the busy energy around Parion so it's calming I think. Does that make sense to you maybe...?

Quote:
I’m still of the mind that the angels in this book are FALLEN angels, that’s why none of them have wings (except for Acheron).
I think they're spirits he's met while wandering through certain layers and dimensions of the astral and other planes.

Quote:
So far, I have felt more comfortable with the demons than the angels in this book.
I would agree but the comfort level is only marginally above the angelic for me.

Quote:
The whole thing is probably an infernal book anyway. Kingdom of Flames? It’s hell, right, but hell with skies of pink cotton candy delight...or at least seemed like it to me during one of my trips.
It's a Hell where in the flames of it your alchemical metals are refined. It can be called a soul-refinery where weakness is boiled to the surface to be separated off, and where baptisms by fire are performed until you can notice you reemerge each time matured and thus more developed as you said. That's how I see it in summation.

Quote:
As far as results, so far I’m noticing huge changes in my behavior.
I have too. And the demons and angels I've asked to be placed around me as familiars in those areas they specialize in interact with my aura in an undeniable way too, and fulfill what they've been charged with clearly and effectively.

Quote:
This is different, because my results with Goetia and such have been that things happen to me, but my behavior is little changed. Kingdom of Flames seems to be changing my behavior, for the better, it’s actually quite a maturing feeling working with these entities.
They make me aware of parts of myself I didn't know existed, though then again I've got familiars now assisting with helping make that type of an experience more likely. Dealing with the Goetics tends to be more like interacting with people, while this is more of an intimate experience to me.

Quote:
In fact reading through the descriptions of the angels and demons I was constantly reminded of :
Angelic desires transcend upward, while demonic desires are an indulgence of the earth. The spirits are sort of between these two extremes, giving down-to-earth advice to any situation from a human point of view.
Even my reiki teacher said, "if the spiritual solution becomes stuck, apply force to the physical problem." Sometimes your ascent (or "descent") can be enhanced by physical ascent. I don't think then that one must become an ascetic to evolve and grow as even Buddha is said to have realized. Otherwise the spirits strike me as guides. I would almost call them guides instead of spirits. That's the vibe I seem to have gotten off of them.

Quote:
I would say the only flaw to this book (besides occasional typos) is that is almost too perfect. Like a Parker Brother’s Ouija board of grimoires it comes together exactly how I would hope a grimoire would.
A grimoire fabricated these days, assuming that's so for KoF, is going to be more relevant and useful if made well. I'm not surprised there is no mentioning of bending trees and fetching horses. I think the other modern grimores like Al G. Manning's New Ishtar Power, New Avatar Power, Master Grimoire of Ceremonies..., or Mighty Grimoire of Spells and Rituals or whatever it is are way more parker bros in their cheesy stories and "you can do it too" presentations. No? I get what you mean to say though, I think.

These things work. I told you before privately how a day after evoking the angel Lukhorst my wife had been offered a job interview in a field she's interested in while at work. We still have to wait a few weeks to see if she gets it when they reopen, though the effect has been to motivate her to apply her momentum toward finding yet more career opportunities like that which she was unaware of before that.

That's faster than after evoking NAP angels this certain guy appeared into my life and stimulated a business deal before fading out suddenly soon after by a bit. The NAP spell took around two weeks, this KoF system, like as when used with Archangel Raziel, provided me with overnight results at times.

Quote:
(Does Ladilok [i.e. lady lock] seem too convenient of a name for a woman-enslaving demon? Or even Fastus [i.e. Faustus] as a spirit who knows the language of demons?)
Some could easily be servitors that his order has used extensively. It doesn't mean much to say that though considering their own evolution allows thoughtforms to become even Gods apparently.

Quote:
The descriptions of the entities are probably the coolest of any grimoire ever. This again almost leads to a “too polished” feel and makes me wonder if this was all invented by the author.
Even if it wasn't invented by him then it's still been modernized by him at the least. I think that much is what you pick up on. It's a fusion of old and new the former grimoires mentioned don't reach.

Quote:
However, if was invented, it’s still genius as I’ve never seen a grimoire with such a brilliant and modern internal logic. The world feels complete unto itself and has its own resonance like nothing else I’ve utilized. Here are a few at random:
I think he channeled much of that over a course of many evocations and astral projections and then compiled it with revisions and additions of his work. That's my theory.

Quote:
Cool, huh? Don't ask where to get a copy though. Probably best to do a spell to obtain it.
Don't forget the demon of poison, and other ones like Gorka who are demons of betrayal. All of those ones are priceless horrors themselves.

Otherwise yeah, you will need to squeeze your lucky rabbit's foot tightly when you wish for this one. It's RARE.

Quote:
p.s. The other thing I wrote in my notes is how these entities so easily raise my Kundalini when I use them. Perhaps the flames are the fire of the Kundalini.
That matches my experience exactly. I didn't realize the word or even the reality of kundalini being involved but that's definitely a part of that intense power that the demons in particular seem to cause me to feel. Cool.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 05-17-2010 at 09:27 PM.
nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
E A KOETING

Greetings to all

please has anyone work with iadon,
please give comments

pujari608@hotmail.com
E A KOETING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by E A KOETING View Post
Greetings to all

please has anyone work with iadon,
please give comments

pujari608@hotmail.com
I've considered it during a few moments but settled on other entities from the book. He does apparently take back more than is had. What are you trying for? What's your background? Etc...

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

nytek is offline   Reply With Quote