Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 01-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
Izabael DaJinn

Default New Avatar Power (NAP)

This thread is regarding the: Miracle of the New Avatar Power by Geoff Cobb-Gray (Parket Publishing; 1975).

This book, way back from 1975, though written like a Qabalistic version of How to Win Friends and Influence People has a reputation in the occult community as being highly effective. This isn’t much of a surprise when you realize Cobb-Gray’s “New Avatar Power” is streamlined Hermeticism of the sort found in Golden Dawn and its many derivatives. So while this book isn’t the “end-all-be-all” of magickal grimoires, it is effective, and I’d like to present how to use it here in this forum.

What I like best is the simplicity of the rituals. If one desires to make them more complex, you can add whatever magickal trappings you like (colors, banishing rituals, tools, incense, symbols, Entheogens), but NAP works all by itself and is probably the easiest introduction I could ever give into Qabalistic (“High Magick”). So let’s jump right in.

Step 1:

Write down the date/time and the ritual you are going to perform in your journal. (If you don’t have a journal, start one just for magick. This step is important. Don’t skip on keeping track of ALL your rituals!)

Step 2:

THE NEW AVATAR POWER RITUAL

Quietly read the following words aloud, listening to what you are saying. Read slowly and carefully, pausing between sentences, and stopping for about three seconds wherever you find three periods (...) in the text. It should take you a full four minutes to read the words aloud from beginning to end. You may record this on your computer and play it back for yourself instead of reading it each time. The point is to completely relax and feel good for a few minutes.

"I am beginning the New Avatar Power Ritual. I call on the Inner Planes to witness. I state my purpose thus: ANKAR YOD HAY VAW HAY.

I begin to wind down, to let go and be rid of all the tensions of my body. To let my muscles relax, unwind and let go.

The tensions are beginning to drain from my body. Soon, a gradual heaviness will start to weigh down my thighs, my arms, my hands, my feet, my legs, my body.

My muscles unwind and let go. All my muscles are relaxing, unwinding, and relaxing.

Very soon I shall feel the winding, the letting go. Unwinding and letting go. Unwinding, letting go. Unwinding. Letting Go.

Deeper and deeper...letting go...unwinding and letting go.

The tensions drain from my muscles and they will soon become loose, letting go, relaxing and unwinding.

Breathing easily and deeply. Easily and deeply.

Unwinding and letting go...drifting into the peace and serenity of complete relaxation. And as my body unwinds and relaxes so I enter the peace and quiet, where only these words have meaning, and nothing else disturbs me.

Letting go..unwinding...letting go...unwinding...relax...relax...relax...let go...let go...let go...relax...relax...relax...let go...let go...let go.

I call on Thee, Mighty Arzel, who stands in the East, to assist me this and all my ventures. I know now that New Avatar Power is flooding to the surface. I now close my eyes gently."

Allow 5 minutes for the New Avatar Power to flood to the surface on its own as you relax.

Step 3:

After reading the New Avatar Power Ritual then read ONE of the following depending on your goal:

Invocation for Money

"In the Power of the Names EH-HEH-YEH, YEH-HO-VO-EL-OH-HEEM, & YEH-HO-

VO-AH-VAY-DAH-AHS I place this Invocation with Thee, NEE-TEE-KAH,

Genius of Wealth. Know that I require and command Thee to bring me

gold. Thou has dominion over wealth and Thou shalt begin this very

instant to shape the future such that money shall come to me, enough

and to spare, by the powers of these Words

and Invocation. Be Thou ruled by me the Names SHAH-DYE-ELL-KYE &

AH-DOE-NYE-HA-AH-RETZ. So mote it be."

Invocation to Bring Success

"In all my undertakings henceforward I conjure and command Thee,

mighty ELL-YOU-BAIT-ELL, to protect me, bear me up and carry me

forward to the pinnacle of success. Thou shalt give me clarity of

mind to confound my opposers; Thou shalt bend the Laws of the Cosmos

to my and Thy will, bringing each and every one of my desires to

pass. I shall be enwrapped in Thy faultless Powers, and tread ever

higher to that glittering peak which I covet. Hear this, and obey me:

AH-NAH-FAX-EE-TONE which Aaron heard and spoke. Thou shalt guide me

to success. So mote it be."

Invocation to Win A Legal Action

"Mighty EYE-EEL-AH-HE-YAH who holds sway over the decisions of men,

Thou shald bring Thy power to bear on my behalf in the legal action

which is pending. I command that I shall be successful in this, my

hour of need. Thou hast the ability to aid me in achieving this

desire. Hear the Word and be obedient to It and me: NAB-RAT-AGLA-SURE-

AN-AT. So mote it be."

Invocation For Protection from Evil

"I invoke Thee, GAH-DEE-ELL, in Thy power and wisdom to place around

me a shield against which evil shall be powerless. Those who would

harm me shall be powerless, and their evil shall return to them a

thousandfold. Be Thou ready and able to place this protection, as I

seal it with Thee with the Words: EE-YOTE-EEYAH-VAW-ARE-ZALL. I am

within Thy protection now and my enemies cannot harm me. So mote it

be."

Invocation To Excite Love

"Hear me, AH-NAY-ELL & JAHZ-AIR, Thou spirits of Venus and love. I

desire to excite love and passion in the heart of a suitable

partner. Stretch forth Thine hands and pluck the heart strings such

that my desire is returned a hundredfold. I conjure this command

thus: HOR-TA-ELL-RACK-AH-MAY. So mote it be."

Invocation To Rekindle A Mate's Interest

"I invoke Thee, PA-GEE-ELL, to light a flame in the heart of my mate -

a flame that will burn ever higher, so that s/he turns to me in

fervor and in love, blind to my faults, and desiring only to please

me in whatever way s/he can. I command that our companionship shall

become perfect, each fulfilling every need and deisre for the other.

I also demand that any shortcomings, be they physical or mental, be

swept aside such athat our partnership shall be perfect. Hear this

Word of Power, Thou Pagiel and obey me: VEDGE-EED-OR-AH-MEET-EYE. So

mote it be."

Invocation to Give Secret Knowledge

"Titanic KAH-DREE-ELL, I invoke Thee. I require Thee to transform me

to one who can know things that are hidden from others. I desire to

know what will befall the future. I wish to know the thoughts of

others. I demand insight into the comings and goings of my fellow

creatures. All this shalt Thou do for me, placing the knowledge

within my mind during both waking and sleeping. I seal this command

thus: EE-BAN-HER-EE-ON-AH-DOH-NYE. So mote it be."

Invocation To Give Power Over Others

"Mightiest DYE-NAH-MISS! There are those over whom I would have

ultimate power so tha they obey my every word and thought. Bring Thy

mystic energy to bear on me, such that I radiate your power. Impress

those that I command to bend to my will at all times. I command Thee

with the Words: AH-GAH-LAH-OH-TEEMEE-TYE. So mote it be."

Invocation to Bring Health

"I call Thee ZO-ROE-ELL & SAH-BREE-ELL who hath dominion over

physical and mental health. At my command, banish from (me or name of

party) all diseases, discomfort, sickness and malfunction of body and

mind. Send down Thy beneficial healing rays, for Thou art able to

bring this to pass. During each passing hour Your powers will bring

youthfulness and freedom from pain. I seal this command with the

healing words EEM-AHN-YOU-ELL which Shadrach, Meshach and Abednago

sang in the fiery furnace and were delivered. Thus shall Your powers

dispel this sickness and disease. So mote it be."

General Purpose Invocation

"In the Powers vested in Thee, EE-AH-OAT, PATE-AH-YAH, and OH-PEA-

ELL, I command Thine aid. Bring Thy influences to bear on my affairs.

My desire is ______ . Thou has heard, and in the Name of VEE-NOKE-OH-TEE-

SEE-AWN, Thou shalt fulfill my will in all things which seem good

unto me. So mote it be."

Step 4:

Write down any final thoughts/feelings in your journal. You are done for the day.

Step 5:

Repeat these steps ONCE a day, EVERYDAY, at the same time each day. Do this until your result manifests or you realize you don’t want the result anymore. You will definitely get some sort of result. Most people jiggle lose results close to what they want within hours or days. Sometimes you get something similar but isn’t quite what you wanted. You can decide if the manifestation was close enough, or if you need to keep repeating the ritual. If this is a difficult goal, you may have to repeat the ritual dozens of times of the course of weeks.

If you have any questions post in this thread. I will answer questions regarding this blog and how to get started into New Avatar Power and magick in general.

Also note that these instructions are deceptively simple. Don’t knock it unless you’ve tried it! If you’ve tried it with sincerity then post here and tell me how “this crap didn’t work” but NOT until you’ve tried!

xoxo,

Izabael

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B

Last edited by Izabael DaJinn; 01-11-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:47 AM   #2
Opulentus

Send a message via AIM to Opulentus Send a message via MSN to Opulentus Send a message via Yahoo to Opulentus

Red face N.a.p.r.-i.c.u.

My name is Zane Grey Alexander, I am a 30 year old male residing in Washington state. After reading the New Avatar post on Izabael's blog I have decided to undertake this ritual. I have decide to invoke "bring success" and I am keeping a journal. I will leave limited details after each invocation. I began my working at 11pm P.S.T. on Jan. 10, 2010ev. After the prelim I felt a large amount of muscle tension in my back and a rising energy manifesting as a burning in my stomach. I was and will be performing sky-clad. After the invocation to bring success I chose to watch "Parabola" by Tool as a tool to create a tulpa in which to place my desires, during this meditation I had intense twitching in my muscles and involuntary swaying to the rythms. After writing these and more descriptions in my journal the ritual ended at 11:30pm exactly. I will continue to post manifestions, results and descriptions of this working. This will be known as the "I See You" working or I.C.U.
Opulentus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
Izabael DaJinn

Thumbs up

Welcome Zane! We wish you the best of success with this!

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:32 AM   #4
Opulentus

Send a message via AIM to Opulentus Send a message via MSN to Opulentus Send a message via Yahoo to Opulentus

Default Nap-icu

I was late this evening begining, I was with an Angel attending the Goddess that gave her birth. I began the ritual at 11:50 this evening with the prelim ending at 11:54, I had a lot of back tension and only a slight sensation of relaxation. I let the energy rise with little result with my eyes closed until 12am. I then proceeded to the invocation which I performed in triplicate due to poor focus. I then journaled my results. Next, I watched the "Parabola" video in a loose lotus posture keeping my spine erect during this time, I felt another slight rise in power. I finished the video at 12:19 and then finished my journal entry ending the ritual at 12:20 exactly. Then came here to post. I began a new class today.

Zane Grey Alexander
Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
nytek

I should add that one might really want to try to feel Arzel's presence in the beginning NAP ritual. Arzel is a bright and positive, friendly, helpful force that really does kinda grease the axle of a NAP working, having done them with and without that segment of ritual; both to result.

Also, don't just say the names as you recite them, but instead pretend you can really call out to the angels and that they can feel your intent through your tone and your words... as you just go inside and feel the energy of any name as a living force as you can do this aloud.

It also helps to research the angels that you'll be working with as in any type of magick using google or whatever method you prefer.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 03-02-2010 at 04:54 AM.
nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #6
Opulentus

Default Nap-icu

Wow, what a powerful invocation! I started at 11pm P.S.T. with the prelim. I had little back tension and my relaxation went very deep. While I was doing eyes closed meditation I allowed my mind to roam but it only moved towards goals that were necessary to accomplishing the task of being successful. During this time I heard a very loud pop in my room. Like the cross between a rap on the wall and a bedspring popping, that is the only way to describe it. My meditation ended at 11:09 and I then began the invocation which was spoken strongly, clearly and without flaw this evening. I could definitely feel a manifesting presence. I then watched Parabola during the begining I started to hold the cow yoga position. As the video progressed I was compelled to hold my hands together as a flame above my head in the position of a supplicant. During this time my breathing formed a heavy, deep, rapid and jerky motion, I believe this is called khumbaka... I will look it up. As this progressed my vision became unfocused and my eyes began to jerk from side to side. The enrgy being manifested was so intense I began to perspire. As the video was coming to an end I was moving towards a very intense and unified feeling. I let my energy naturally ground-out through breathing and my hands on the floor. I then wrote in my journal and ended at 11:30pm and came here to post.
Thank you, for the advice on how to percieve and visualize Arzel, Nytek. I quite enjoy intoning and projecting my Will through my voice, i.e. the collects of the Gnostic Mass, Names of Power and so forth. I will definitley build more of a solid manifestion of Arzel as I progress in the creation of subtle bodies for this working.
I had a fantastic day full of hard work mentally and physically and I was aided by my Angel once again.

Agape,

Zane Grey Alexander
Old 01-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #7
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opulentus View Post
Wow, what a powerful invocation!
Definitely.
Quote:
I started at 11pm P.S.T. with the prelim. I had little back tension and my relaxation went very deep.
And to think that relaxation is actually a skill, and that I'm not naturally amazing at it given my predilections if left unchecked... wow. I wonder if most people would know the difference between what it is to just be calm and what it really means, to be relaxed, if that person never before obtained the benefit of meditation guiding their awareness toward the making of that discovery.

Reading this I've decided I'm going to spend a little more time relaxing before any subsequent rituals. One pays for their impatience at a task in the end. Looks like my HGA is teaching me a lesson now. I thank the Gods that I haven't needed such heavy handed lessons as some others these days.

Quote:
While I was doing eyes closed meditation I allowed my mind to roam but it only moved towards goals that were necessary to accomplishing the task of being successful. During this time I heard a very loud pop in my room. Like the cross between a rap on the wall and a bedspring popping, that is the only way to describe it.
Doesn't this seem like what might be called a break in the operation? In metaphor, then it's just like plugging in your Christmas lights and seeing pretty sparks as well as the lights that should be on. Your proverbial insulation should hold the magickal current and prevent that sort of thing. Especially if you banish. Especially if you do the Rose+Cross ritual. You can pretty well bet it's not a poltergeist at that point. Get me? So unless you really do live with a poltergeist, then a knock or similar phenomenon occurring is probably holographically symbolic of an interior distraction I'd say, which is supported only more so by the observation that you'd said your mind was wandering in some sense or another.

As I point that out, don't feel bad or anything... that type of a thing happens to me during black magick stuff at a good enough rate of occurrence for me to have noticed. Actually soon after, or right when I start to build a lot of energy, if ever... but more rarely a little while ago I had Christmas lights jump up from the wall too. Most often if anything then I'll just get this hard fist on the ceiling or a few thuds on the inside of a wall real fast. But these breaks get better only as fast as our powers of observation increase enough to prevent them or so I guess.

Then again, I'm not sure if you're doing an active meditation or what... personally I don't really follow the NAP guidelines by the book. But if you're trying to manifest a goal and you get poltergeist stuff then it's generally considered to be a break in any case.

Quote:
My meditation ended at 11:09 and I then began the invocation which was spoken strongly, clearly and without flaw this evening. I could definitely feel a manifesting presence.
Yeah. Very speedy. For sure....

Quote:
I then watched Parabola
The term "Parabolic Equation", comes to mind when I read that just now, but I don't quite know why. I guess that's what happens when my mind can't effectively reference your film that I don't know anything about yet. "Parabola"? Hmm. Okay. I'm kinda curious now seeing it mentioned more than once by you.

Quote:
Thank you, for the advice on how to percieve and visualize Arzel, Nytek.
You're welcome. Wait--but did you get what you wanted with your "NAP"? You are manifesting something, right? Some change or gain.... can I ask?

Quote:
I quite enjoy intoning and projecting my Will through my voice, i.e. the collects of the Gnostic Mass, Names of Power and so forth.
I know what you mean; putting on the Magus role in your temple and all. I used to be so hung up on technicality that I missed that point for a while myself; that one needs the power of internal and external voice, and the ability to use it convincingly.

Lately though I've been in my astral temple trying to stay disassociated from ego consciousness while speaking all throughout the universe, say, the second Enochian key with the intent to banish being manifested before that, but the actual key is spoken from the limitless "voice of God". Aligning my will with the higher and manifesting each word externally is a challenge but lots of fun. When I act physically, and whenever I speak the other words I'm not vibrating, then I feel as if I'm doing what I am under the authority of this limitless figure my ego is a part of, and that these spirits I speak to are another part of myself being viewed differently that I have domain over. It's something new from something old with me.

It's markedly more powerful than acting in physical or astral form, and also markedly more difficult up until now to remain as your HGA and issue the commands (or let them be issued? It feels like both at once.), which lets the will flow down through you into manifestation, directly, unfettered.

Quote:
I will definitley build more of a solid manifestion of Arzel as I progress in the creation of subtle bodies for this working.
Maybe I will too. For now, I only get a very powerful yellow bright presence. Male. Angelic. Helpful and friendly.... the other supernatural sense of assurance he gives you is truly indescribable though, if I could boil it down to something so simple; this feeling he gives when evoked.

Quote:
I had a fantastic day full of hard work mentally and physically and I was aided by my Angel once again.
Hey. Maybe I'm misreading you, but only if I'm not then you should know that your angel is actually with you more than you know. The vision of Malkuth is learning your HGAs energy signature and putting a mask on it. But the Knowledge and the Conversation is only just like learning your HGAs language finally and realizing the difference a phrase book makes. I'd say, the more initiated the adept, then the better s/he is at not simply ignoring but at reading this ever occurring unspoken conversation and detecting the whispered guidance that occurs between the HGA and it's aspirant... and the more they can see the HGA in their lives the more they are made able to act on any advice as well.

In fact, this heightened sense of love and guidance nurturing one on by the "kisses of your angel", will even lead one to eventually creating a two way dialogue with said angel upon achieving fluency if need be, the writing of invocations to him, and receiving a symbol (typically), from him as well. Even if you already knew all that I'm sure my interpretation of the subject will stick with some.

Quote:
Agape,
Thelema,
FIAOF,
ABRAHADABRA.
Br. Parzival

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 03-02-2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
nytek

A supercharged routine for using your NAP (for you not to rush through):

0. Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram
1. NAP Power Ritual (Relaxation + Arzel after MP rite)
2. Middle Pillar + Fountain
3. NAP Abridged Bornless One Invocation (x3)
4. Do the NAP defensive armor ritual (x3)
5. Dee-Hay-Thooth evocation (x3) (research Thoth first and see pics + instructions below).
5a. Perform something from curse section
6. Thank spirits for coming, and formally release them to do that which you have just charged them with.
7. Burn some Frankincense for around 30
minutes in honor of the spirits you've called. Make sure to pay the spirits when they've done their task successfully as stated to them that you would.

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 03-12-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:02 AM   #9
nytek

Here are some additional notes on NAP coming forwarded through another third party I trust who's actually been practicing ceremonial magick for over 20 years:

Quote:
The NAP Ritual itself is a deep relaxation type of rite and then you practice the Central Pillar Rite which is from the Golden Dawn's "Middle Pillar Exercise" and charge the five sephiroth. Then use the Fountain technique and finally the Headless One invocation to get yourself thoroughly charged up. then you use one of the chants and I read the ones I wanted three times along with vibrating the Names of the Spirits from the chants. I personaly open with prayer and the LBRP.

nectanebus3 makes some good points:
Quote:
Some hints about NAP:
1. Don't perform any 1 ritual for more than a month! The pendulum swings in the opposite direction and you will notice some bad luck coming your way if you do.
2. Try to perform 1 type of ritual everyday at the same time. If you miss a day because something comes up is fine. It will just take longer to get results.
3. The book is great for these fast paced times we are in. It does not take a lot of preparation work like other forms of sorcery/magick. The rituals need improvements such as LBRP or other forms of protection before hand. The book calls on powerful angelic forces outside oneself. You need all the protection you can get. I would almost suggest setting up a circle of protection...

If you do everything you get a desired result. What is happening behind the scenes is open for debate. No one can prove if spirits are part of my subconscious or separate entities all their own.
Other Notes:
Quote:
1) Visualisation is how spirits communicate - the words of the spells are there ONLY to focus your mind on your intent (if you are not well trained enough to do this without a statement of intent) and to rouse emotions. The 'will' or 'desire' that comes with focused intent, combined with the emotions need to be put into a "liquid" state so that it can be transfered to the spirit. Unless this is done, how will the spirit know what you are trying to achieve?

I have tried many different methods with NAP and I find the best results come from when after each line of a spell, you stop (pause) and focus you intent on what you are trying to achieve. I believe that this works because of the nature of "spirits" in general. As you probably know, spirits aren't powerful people without bodies, they form the building blocks of our universe, quite literally they are energy that moves. By using visualisation, you either pull or push that energy to bring specific change into your life. The reason that NAP works so well is ONLY because of the way it is worded.

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 03-02-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #10
nytek

Default The Dee-Hay-Thooth Evocation

This begins as if one is reaching for a book on a high shelf.

The Dee-Hay-Thooth Evocation

1.) Stand with your feet together and hands hanging limply at your sides.
Close your eyes. Raise the hand your right hand and reaching up and
forward with your arm straight, bring your hand vertically downwards
until your arm is level, then in a sweeping continuation of that
movement, swing your hand across your body, keeping your arm
straight, until your hand is opposite your other shoulder. As you
make the gesture, down and along, breathe out and say "DEE-HAY".
Now swing your hand diagonally upward so that it is back up at the
high point of where you began. As you slowly make this slanting,
upward gesture, breathe in.

2.) Now pretend that someone is standing in
front of you and is facing you and he's at least a foot taller than you.
Arm still raised and extended, swing this arm across your body until you are pointing at his right ear. Make a U-shaped gesture in the air, as if you were moving your
hand and fingers from the ear of the person who is facing you., down
around his jaw line, under his chin and back up to his left ear. As
you make the U-shape, start to breathe out saying "THOO".

3.) Now move your fingers across until they point between your visitor's
eyes. Swing your hand right down to waist-level, still breathing out
and prolonging the "OO" sound of "THOO".

At the lower end of the down-sweep, swing your hand slightly to the left and there draw a small circle in the air, and close off the continuing "OO" sound by saying "TH".

The whole drawn out word is (breathing out) DEE-HAY (breathe in)
(breathe out) "THOO-O-O-O-O-O-O-OOTH"

Return your hand to your side. Feel your NAP tingling in your legs
and hands and warming inside your stomach. It is done.

[Note: I grabbed these pics from others and slightly modified one.]

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 03-02-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:33 AM
truancyofficer
This message has been deleted by truancyofficer. Reason: ignorance