Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 12-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
feddick

How does one become a djinn or genie?
feddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Izabael DaJinn

Such a good question I won't even reply with a riddle (or get out my violin and pluck it like a fiddle.)

There are basically just three ways to become a djinn:

1) You are an ancient spirit, most likely at one time worshiped as a god, but though you have somewhat fallen out of popularity, you still retain many of your powers. You desire to be strong again.

2) You are a regular human, but you invoke a known djinn into your body for permanent cohabitation. The line between the djinn and your personality will slowly blend. For all practical purposes you will become a djinn yourself.

3) The same as #2, except done unwillingly, but this would rare if possible at all.

The type of djinn one becomes depends on the type of djinn originally used. Always become thoroughly familiar with a djinn or spirit before invoking it. And then make sure you are completely comfortable before making any permanent pacts with the genie. When I was sure I wanted to make my transformation complete, I had my human name legally changed to match that of the djinn. The change was complete, but that last step was just one of many.

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #3
feddick

Izabael,

Thank you for resonding to me so quickly.What resources would you recommend in figuring out which genie to summon. What do is feel like to co habitate with a genie. Thank you for your time . Any text recomdations would be great too. Love wour web site and love the way it is growing . Feddick
feddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
Izabael DaJinn

Thanks feddick.

I would recommend practicing invoking/evoking a few spirits from the Goetia. It doesn't matter so much at first which ones you start with. Sooner or later you will feel a stronger kinship with some spirits over others. How to invoke? Well check my faq , and there is a ton of free information on the internet if you search around. If you are going to buy one single book, I would go ahead and make it Modern Magick.. It is easy enough to jump right in but has enough detail you never really have to go to another book unless you want to.

What does it feel like to cohabitate with a genie? Well we all cohabitate with a genii if we include our HGA. That's what Izabael feels like for me. Izabael for me *IS* my HGA, so I don't know if it feels different for other people. It's like an intuition that is so strong that it sometimes is like a borderline compulsion----but one that ultimately leads me to where I want to be. And sometimes it's like she's not there at all. Sometimes we are just one. Sometimes we feel separate and she is angry with me...or happy. I've definitely changed a lot since I began working with her about 2 and a half years ago.

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote