Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 06-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Prometheus

Default Question about Magick.. HELP!!!

I just wanted to get some options of other more experienced occultist. I have been studying magick, from an objective point of view for about eight years now. The last four of those years I have been attempting to practice. Like most newbies, I started out learning about Wicca, and natural magick. Some of it seemed, for lack of a better phrase, fluffy.

Then I moved on to Thelema, and ceremonial magick. I found it more enlightening, but also a lot more difficult to understand. I studied voodoo, sanitaria, stregheria, and religions of Asia, and the Middle East. The practitioners of any system will tell you their system works. I have also been told that for my magick to work it needs to be personal, or easy for me to identify with.

So I guess my question is this; when you have a general idea what makes magick work, do you need to stick with one system? If the idea is to identify with something that is personal to you, then shouldn’t every magician make a system that works for him/her personally? In my studies I have found many things that I identify with, but because I was advised against mixing different paths, I have tried for the most part to stick with one. For example, I love the middle pillar ritual, but it skips the third eye charka.

Truthfully I have been feeling I need to create my own system, one that takes the best parts of all the different occult teachings. Is that wrong?

I could really use some help.
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:40 AM   #2
ceewayne

What you just described is the Chaos Magick paradigm. And no, it is not wrong. You have to make it personal and if it works for you, it is valid.

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
ceewayne is offline   Reply With Quote