Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

So You Want to Be a Goetic Shaman? Question and answer forum for the discussion of anything related to the Goetia (including the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum) with especial regard to using the daemons in non-traditional ways.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #21
nytek

Besides, you definitely know that chaos magick is advanced magick. It has no rules because it assumes you already know the rules enough to break format for function. Meaning that 15 year olds (or people of any age) skilled enough to make fruitful use of chaos magick would already be skilled magickians in their own right. So I guess I agree that a passing knowledge wouldn't cut it. But isn't that contextual?

So such a person would be less likely to fall into place under your metaphor. Yeah? They would have an easier time devising a way to get the blonde, brunette, and redhead. And maybe the lambo too. Though I do understand what you said in context. And it is undoubtedly true to experience from other respects.

Just my two cents. I do hope for a thought out reply or two.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:08 AM   #22
nytek

Besides, come to think of it, if a 15 year old managed to attract a lambo ... how many problems would that cause? Would it really be good for them in the end? Sometimes our lives just can't handle certain changes without restructuring, I would think. Meaning that some things our egos desire are outside of the spectrum of our current karma. That is my point; autofocal or not. That karma must be adjusted to connect with what you seek, paraphrased. Does that make sense to you in my words...?

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Old 02-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #23
Jack Flash

Send a message via Yahoo to Jack Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nion View Post
Hmm .. hallucinatory stuff. (you probably have these)
Experimentation with Mandrake on my end has allowed for extensive lucid dreaming. (It was one of the many possible ingredients for that infamous Flying Ointment.) The major problem with it is that you have to be extremely careful with the dose you use, or you'll be expurgating your stomach.

While it never happened to me, what did happen is that over time I completely fucked up my serotonin levels and hit a wall of depression... at least until a buddy of mine was like: "Dude, it's the mandrake and you're an idiot!"

Still. I love the stuff. Tiny little pinch before ritual and let the good times roll. Tiny little pinch before bed, and you can go on a joyride... where-ever.

"One must be wise to discern the use of veil upon veil: the use of demonological terms should not be misconstrued as advocacy for vulgar 'satanism', 'black magic' or such like; neither should our positive use of Judaeo-Christian terms imply religious adherence in any conventional sense." - Andrew Chumbley
Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #24
Izabael DaJinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
Experimentation with Mandrake on my end has allowed for extensive lucid dreaming. (It was one of the many possible ingredients for that infamous Flying Ointment.) The major problem with it is that you have to be extremely careful with the dose you use, or you'll be expurgating your stomach.

While it never happened to me, what did happen is that over time I completely fucked up my serotonin levels and hit a wall of depression... at least until a buddy of mine was like: "Dude, it's the mandrake and you're an idiot!"

Still. I love the stuff. Tiny little pinch before ritual and let the good times roll. Tiny little pinch before bed, and you can go on a joyride... where-ever.
Sounds fun. Did you buy the seeds and then grow the plant yourself?

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #25
Jack Flash

Send a message via Yahoo to Jack Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izabael DaJinn View Post
Sounds fun. Did you buy the seeds and then grow the plant yourself?
No, but my mentor's wife gave them to me and I'm fairly sure she did grow them. In fact, we plan to experiment with Mandragore guardians in the near future (we even have a small black dog - a poodle - and earmuffs so it can pull them free from the ground). I'd personally like to experiment with planting them based on the lunar cycles; the household guardian being planted and worked on based on full moons, and "something else" played with during the dark cycles.

Useful plant, that mandrake.

"One must be wise to discern the use of veil upon veil: the use of demonological terms should not be misconstrued as advocacy for vulgar 'satanism', 'black magic' or such like; neither should our positive use of Judaeo-Christian terms imply religious adherence in any conventional sense." - Andrew Chumbley
Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #26
TheNagual

A little info I was able to find, although not a lot, with the most important info being where to obtain it. If anyone else out there knows...PLEASE enlighten us. Anyway:

THE BROOMS

Bean family (Leguminosae)

There is some confusion as to which is the most potent of the three species of brooms used for their psychotropic effects. According to the paper first reporting the discovery of the effects of these plants, the blossoms of Canary Island broom were the "most pleasant and effective" of the three. This is also the species used by Yaqui shamans. Some herbals claim that Spanish broom tops are five times as strong as Scotch broom, while other sources claim that the alkaloid content of the Scotch broom is higher than that of the other two. To clarify (or confuse) the issue, it has been found that alkaloid content varies with environment.

Canary Island Broom (Cytisus canariensis L., formerly Genista canariensis). A much-branched shrub to 6 feet tall with hairy branches, covered with bright green leaves divided into three leaflets. This is the only broom of the three that keeps its leaves through the year. It flowers from May to July, and is covered with many bright yellow blossoms in short racemes. It is damaged at 15 degrees Fahrenheit but it recovers quickly. Native to the Canary Islands.

Scotch Broom (Cytisus scoparius L.). A shrub to 10 feet with many erect, slender, almost leafless branches. The flowers are yellow, 0.75 inch long, and bloom from March to June. Native to central and southern Europe; naturalized in California and found sparingly in the East.

Spanish Broom (Spartium junceum L.). A shrub to 10 feet high with slender green branches and bearing a few small leaves. The flowers are yellow, 1 inch long, and fragrant, followed by 4 inch long pods. Blooms from June to September in most of the US. In California it flowers most of the year. Native to the Mediterranean region.

Cultivation and Propagation: The brooms need a well-drained soil and full sun. They often naturalize on dry, rocky slopes in the west. Scotch and Spanish broom are hardy everywhere except in the most northern states, while Canary Island broom is hardy only in the west and south. All are very drought-resistant.

Brooms are easily propagated by seeds, cuttings, and layers. Seeds may be started as early as January. They should be nicked and soaked until swollen before sowing. Seedlings should be transplanted carefully when young; they transplant well when older. Plants grown from seed will flower 1 year from sowing. Cuttings should be young growth taken with a heel in early spring or August and September. They should be rooted in sandy soil. When grown as a pot or tub plant, they should be pruned after flowering. They should be left outdoors from early spring until light frost in the fall. Brooms are subject to attack by the genista worm in southern California. These are difficult to control except with DDT.

Harvesting: Broom plants grown in full sun have a higher alkaloid content than those grown in the shade. The flowers should be gathered, aged in a sealed jar for 10 days, and dried at a low heat. The aging greatly reduces the harshness of the smoke. The active flowering tops may be gathered in May and dried without aging. Any material from pruning may also be used.

BROOM −− (Genista, Cytisus, Spartium spp.). Family Leguminosae
(Bean family).
Material: Blossoms of any of several species including Canary
Island broom (Genista canariensis), Scotch broom (Cytisus scoparius),
and Spanish broom (Spartium junceum).
Usage: Blossoms are collected,
aged in a sealed jar for 10 days, dried, and rolled into cigarettes.
Smoke is inhailed and held.
Active Constituents: Cytisine (a toxic pyridine).
Effects: One cigarette produces relaxed feelings for 2 hours.
More causes deeper relaxation and longer−lasting effects (4−5 hours).
Relaxation is deepest during 2 hours and is followed by mental
alertness and increased awareness of color without hallucinations.
Contraindications: Usually no undesirable side effects or
hangover. Some persons experience mild headache immediately after
smoking. Broom flowers are extremely toxic when ingested. Has heart−
stimulating properties like digitalis.
TheNagual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:30 AM   #27
TheNagual

OK, the Scotch type seems to be the most prevalent. I guess I'll give it a shot. Who else? I think maybe I'll look for some seeds too, dependent upon the experience. I'm not sure whether to go with the actual plant or the extract though. I will say that I have had better experiences with Kratom extract as opposed to raw leaves, but it could have been due to differing types. Anyone else care to weigh in?

http://www.herbalfire.com/cytisus_canariensis.htm

http://www.houseofnutrition.com/scot...1+oz&ovtac=CMP

And here is something else I've been considering. Has anyone else tried it, and care to elaborate on the experience?

http://www.sweetsmokeherbs.com/p-13-...ing-blend.aspx
TheNagual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #28
Izabael DaJinn

Interesting stuff. Thanks Nagual.

I will say something I always say though that psychotropics can help open the third eye to to her experiences, but they shouldn't be the only way one does magick and shouldn't be relied on as a crutch. Psychotropic work should always be proceeded and followed by natural work and methods to make sure any effects and lessons are grounded and full incorporated back to the physical world. The biggest mistakes I see with psychotropic use are getting lost in delusional realms. They are best for people who feel like they need some sort of breakthrough in the usual magickal/meditational work.

xoxo
iza

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #29
magister

hey i am growing peyote and theres a lavender flower growing in the middle of the cactus. should i take the peyote and use it to call up the goetic spirits? will it work?
magister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #30
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by magister View Post
hey i am growing peyote and theres a lavender flower growing in the middle of the cactus. should i take the peyote and use it to call up the goetic spirits? will it work?
I would want to be familiar with any drug ingested as well as the magickal states I naturally induce before combining anything. To do otherwise would provoke many variables that could ruin your entire working speaking hypothetically. Do what you please however. Just my two cents of course.

--C.G. JUNG