Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

So You Want to Be a Goetic Shaman? Question and answer forum for the discussion of anything related to the Goetia (including the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum) with especial regard to using the daemons in non-traditional ways.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #11
Izabael DaJinn

Thank you! There is a lot of good stuff in there. Gonna make this sticky.

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:25 AM   #12
David242

Solo sex magick of this sort is over-hyped on the internet however and does not work as well as sometimes purported. If it did, every 15 year old with a passing knowledge of "Chaos Magick" would be driving around in a Lamborghini with a blond, a brunette and a redhead inside

omfg lol

Sex magick in lucid dreaming is as powerful as it gets, but you have to learn to lucid dream first so I'm not sure this is what most people consider sex magick.
-word-
I totally agree with this statement and feel compelled to offer my own method of chemical free lucid dreaming which at present has a 100% success rate.
One of the common methods to break into lucid dreaming is the constant reminder method - basically - you ask yourself all day if you're dreaming or not and than when you actually ARE dreaming that imbedded question should carry over and you can be like "Holy crap! YES - I actually AM dreaming.." from the resulting gnosis you can do almost anything (I say almost because even completely lucid dreaming doesnt confer total and absolute control over your environment - there is still some inertia and resistance to change even in the sweaty fantasies of your own mind)
The problem with this method is that its lame and boring and is hard to remember to do all day - and theres the definite possibility that you can still be completely unaware that youre dreaming and just tell yourself "no" even if you remember to ask yourself (to your morning embarrassement at thinking being in your social studies class with George Washington was somehow not a dream)
In order to counter this you should instead fixate on doing something impossible (or at least highly improbable) and than when you find yourself in your dream actually doing it - it will (hopefully) clue you in to the fact that youre not in Kansas anymore and can pretty much do as you will (so the saying goes)
For me (and I would think for most) this is flying.
Theres just something about flying that stirs up our desire mechanism like nothing else (besides sex and rare, perfectly seared steaks) a certain type of person can't look at a skyline or a gorgeous array of clouds and sunlight and not just want to be in it somehow. The freedom, exhiliration and the similarities to Superman are almost overwhelming in their allure and theres not a man woman or child alive who hasnt wished for it with embarrassing sincerity at some point.
So thats what you do - just take a few moments (maybe when looking out the window or going from one place to another) and just allow yourself to wish you could fly - think of the things you would do with it - the media sensation - the mystery and intrigue that would surround you - flying over peoples backyards as they tanned in the nude - whatever gets your motor running. Than - whenever you feel like it - try to fly - if only for a few seconds (and when nobodys looking) just imagine yourself having such potent energy that you can just levitate at whim - use whatever metaphor or explanation seems most likely or most fun and just go with it. Done enough - the urge will pop back up again in your dreams - but this time it will happen (oddly sometimes dream flying is subject to the law of diminishing returns and is harder to do the more your aware of how improbable it is)
The key is to use flying as a trigger to tell yourself "Hey - this is kind of odd - I'm not normally capable of this - maybe I'm dreaming..." after that the gnosis should set in and the dream should be at your disposal. Amusingly - being aware of your control your likely to not want to do anything but continue flying until you wake up - and thats okay - have fun with it - it will add motivation to continue.
Lucid dreaming is fun enough and easily stands on its own as a worthy endeavor - but for those with a bent for the more intense it's only the beginning.
In magick Lucid dreaming is like going from small - bitch ass Mario to fireball shooting, star enhanced blinking, game-genie code using Uber Mario - your magick works and works hardcore. Forget "visualizations" you draw a red fire pentagram with your finger and that sucker will BE THERE ready to do whatever it is you want it to do - Goetic seals? forget about it - activate one and there wont be any of this wishy washy "well dude - I think we may have summoned something - the room smells weird and I have this funny feeling in my spine and I think for a second I even saw something..." - no- they will appear with a quickness and you wont have the luxury of not being able to see every terrible and awesome detail.
Also - lucid dreaming offers easy access to the otherwise very tricky astral planes. Coincidentally the easiest way to get there is to fly - there seems to be some connection between your altitude and the level of reality youre on. You can fly around in your own mind - doing pretty much whatever you want - but as soon as you start flying too high - things change quickly. The feeling of being somewhere safe and fun is suddenly replaced by the absolute knowledge that you are going somewhere that exists outside the confines of your own mind - and the events that transpire there can have real tangible consequences on your mind and body. Its terrifying and exhilirating (as all good things in magick are) and there will be little question your on the astral - but what you do there and how you do it is completely left to the magicians descretion. I can offer no advice and wouldnt presume to do so - the astral commons are the wild fucking west of magick and thats how it should be approached - with eyes in the back of your head and hand on the butt of your six shooter (or 7 shooter - as the case may be)
Anyhow as far as evocation goes - its your dream so you can make it as complex and ritual-y as you want but honesty you could be in your boxer shorts in a sandbox and still get visible appearance by just muttering a name. I would suggest having a simple - easily recallable space that you can teleport into so you know that your going to stop clowning around in your own dream and start doing something a little more serious. Once there the name Izabael vibrated with sufficient fervor - or her sigil emblazoned with your own etheric energy - or just the avatar of a beautiful magickal womanlike creature should be sufficient to make contact. Do as you will from there (7:24 local Bavarian time - real world synch*)
Hope this helps - people I have explained this too have all reported success (though mostly they just conjure beautiful women and do naughty things to them)

-David
David242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #13
Izabael DaJinn

Awesome! Thank you for that David! Definitely better than drinking down bitter old Calea.

For me I do often notice I'm dreaming when I'm dreaming, but it's like then I choose not to do anything about it but go with the flow. So it's like borderline lucid I guess. What I'm working on is taking more control of the dreams instead of just letting them play out so much. I remember a ridiculous amount of my dreams every night, and become aware probably at least once a night..........what's lacking is a strong intent... to do anything. I'm always fascinated by what comes unbidden

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Old 11-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #14
David242

I accidentally replied to this in my other thread

David242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:33 AM   #15
Nion

Send a message via ICQ to Nion

Fascinated ?

Sounds like your higher mind is trying to punish you for being a constant
beautiful, majestic, wonderfulness.

"I came, I saw - that kicked ass."
Nion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:42 AM   #16
nytek

<div class="quote"><div class="quoting">Quoting: Nion</div>Hmm .. hallucinatory stuff.</div>

Hmm hallucinatory stuff. Yay.

Rules:
1) You have to be totally familiar with the state of mind that you seek.
2) You have to be totally familiar with the state of mind produced by the drug(s).
3) You must plan your dosage schedule accordingly so that it doesn't interfere with your mental performance. But also enough to receive the desired effect. Thus a good knowledge of the effects also is echoed here in #3.

I've noticed &quot;marijuana&quot; to have separate effects typically, between the two broad families it has. Namely Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Sativa. I've also read the article in the Equinox about the pharmacology of hashish or whatever it's called ... which I recommend for the older but still interesting viewpoints it has.

There are two main methods of my ingestion of herb. The first is a vaporizer for the actual herbal product itself when purchased that way. The effect is always cleaner on my consciousness this way because it never actually burns any of the carcinogens or other assorted psychoactive chemicals. You inhale the essence only; the active ingredients. For this method I've always picked out a strain suited to what I'm doing. eg. If I want to go deep, deep, deep, into a trance during the day when I'm not sleepy, then I might have a hypnotic indica.

The second method is to take a hash capsule form that is also available in dispensary stores here where I live (and in 10 other states). It's like .600mg of high grade hash in sesame oil that comes in a package. I take these capsules before bed because they have a 6-8 hour peak effect which means that I'll be able to access the effects in my state of sleep consciousness. The stimulation often keeps me lightly awake. That's the best use, I think. I don't tend to use it for rituals specifically this way.

Though realistically not everyone out there can specifically choose what strain they want ... or find capsules ... so people with access to medical marijuana will have greater freedom to pick a strain solely for a type of meditation they're undertaking.

Generally speaking, indica tends to be more sedating and Venusian; generating images and enhancing emotions that cascade away from the original thought or stimulus. This strain has been the most intrusive to my thoughts. And it's the least good for active magickal work. It takes a lot of control to hold your mind clear but you can get amazing visual results if you can focus steadily. Yet ... likewise ... you can also easily start to bullshit yourself about what you're seeing because of the tendency for ideas to cascade into and off of each other.

The feelings and effects of an indica will be felt primarily in the body with little mental impairment unless a large dose is imbibed. It smells spicey or musky usually and are thick or fat in appearance. Can come in a range of colors, from black, blue, and purple, to white-ish. Also usually has a chlorophyll smell.

Sativa tends to be more uplifting and Mercurial in my mind. Typically, the average strain in this family will be more psychedelic and introspective. Great for writing poetry and for steam of consciousness meditation where you can zoom in and then let your mind run very systematically. These buds are generally smaller in size, more thin in density, perhaps even lanky, and often smell fruity to sugary. Typically lime green to green. Very little chlorophyll smell if any.

Observations:
Sativa often allows me to clearly visualize astrally with ease. When it comes to sleeping, I can remember 4-5 dreams per night, if taken an hour or two before bed in extract/capsule form. Whereas normally I would remember 1-3 dreams normally on any given night. It also greatly increases the amount of astral projection and lucid dreams I have as well.

Indica (the most common strain you'll find commercially) puts me to sleep fast and I often remember no dreams at all when capsules are taken for this purpose. I find that indica makes feel heavy and sluggish while awake. It robs my motivation. And in sleep work it often makes me lose control of myself and drift into deep sleep.

Other Honorable &amp; Generally Note Worthy Mentions:

Calms Forte tablets: A mix of flowers and herbs. It takes the edge off where there is one ... helps to relax into trance. Good for insomnia too.

Kava Kava: Truly relaxing, this one also inspires good lucid dreaming. And also helps to quickly &quot;trance out&quot;. Very calming. Very beneficial for ritual enhancement.

Valerian Root: If you have too many you'll get all sedated like valium. Not my favorite but it works. Particularly, it works well for lucid dreaming. I wouldn't use it for anything else.

5-HTP: A root extract. The precursor to serotonin; 5-HTP also stimulates positive mood. More importantly in ritual and magick it creates a dreamy state of mind for the first hour or two. This period can be enhanced and capitalized upon by those with &quot;opportunity eyes&quot; of their own. As for sleep work: This one also has given me some weird weird dreams.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:50 AM   #17
Izabael DaJinn

Thanks for the useful addition to the post, Nytek!

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Old 01-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #18
nytek

<div class="quote"><div class="quoting">Quoting: Chronozon</div>If someone has some time can they explain more on sex magic. im not new to high magick but I'm wondering how you can use sex to fuel an evocation.

thanks</div>
Reading your post, I figured you might want to check out this book called: Enochian Sex Magick. I forget who put it out there for us. Thinking back I can also remember another book called, &quot;Modern Sex Magick&quot;, which was seemingly alright as well. There are also several holy libers and shorter inspired writings available as well should you decide to google them all or one.

But I would learn and play cautiously. True I can see you're not new to magick. But that doesn't tell us much. As I can tell the technique you started to mention is for those who are well grounded in high magick. As well as being for those who already have studied the fundamentals and thus have achieved an active understanding of what sex magick is.

In my opinion, one should have an already established understanding of alchemy as well. As this knowledge helps due to most of the texts being written in alchemical terms to confuse the &quot;heathens&quot; and the generally &quot;profane&quot; types. lol Like it makes a difference to them anyway.

Most of the actual problems would come from a place where you are not yet initiated enough to properly understand what you're reading but still try to act on it anyway. Sex magick is very rarely written about in plain text because it's such a powerful concept. Even some apparently mundane phrases have two or three occult meanings in most books. Granted you can make sense of it eventually ... Have you ever even evoked a spirit by other means anyway? You failed to mention that or I failed to notice it.

In all seriousness, I can honestly say that despite my successes I'm hardly an expert, myself, being at such a young age. I haven't even put most of the stuff to practice in that book yet regarding sexual energy powered evocations. What I have used from it is not really toward the end of evoking spirits with sex magick/sexual trance ... but more like how it can be put toward the ends of average terrestrial magick.

It can make a great compliment to your other ritual work. In that respect subjective results, like creating more emotional connection between you and the other magician, will take much less work than objective results like manifesting an opportunity to make $60,000 USD this month.

You can choose to ignore my warnings especially because you're not totally new to the ideas of magick. But really I don't say not to try things because they're potentially dangerous.

Though sex magick can be bent toward that malicious end as well ... With the proper mentality/motivation and a little caution there is not much danger to be found. So danger is not the case here as I warn people. Or I'm phenomenally lucky. So I think that kind of talk about death, insanity, and general danger is really idiot proofing for magick. It's there so people stay away until they are prepared to seriously take it on.

Because few things in magick will kill you simply by accident I found. This if indeed any things will kill you at all (barring Goetia, etc). And I wouldn't fear insanity either. In fact I fear the old view of ideal and objective sanity even more than the vague and menacing insanity polarity of that concept. So that said you just won't get results you wanted in most cases if you perform the work.

The only real danger I was hinting at might come rather from you prematurely trying and wasting your time. This failure can hurt the self and your confidence if you're not ready. That which you might learn can also confuse and obscure your own path as well. Can you maybe see how that can happen to a person?

Not to mention I almost always suffer a relapse or some form of a set back once I push myself too hard too fast.

A person would do well to keep in mind that I still studied all the sex magick and inspired holy writings on the subject I could get my hands on first before even thinking about trying anything out. For many hours a day for a period of about two weeks, I buried myself in various books on sex magick, chapter by chapter, from one book to another book.

This spread out but intense method of reading many books at once over an extended period is not for everyone. I personally have an insatiable appetite for certain things that catch my attention; learning occult being one of them when an idea intrigues me. The ideas stay in front of me or in the back of my mind day and night until I'm satisfied that I've learned it enough for now.

Thus, you instead might prefer a longer more drawn out initiation into the concepts book by book rather than chapter by chapter; reading many books all at once. I suggest immersing yourself in it this way which I've done and then experimenting as you go.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Old 06-01-2009, 04:24 AM   #19
Nion

Send a message via ICQ to Nion

SO .. how's everyone's salvia experiments going?

Did anyone try the megaphone/police siren thing just for fun?

Moreover, is anyone still having paranoia?

"I came, I saw - that kicked ass."
Nion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 AM   #20
nytek

<div class="quote"><div class="quoting">Quoting: pAmphAge</div>If it did, every 15 year old with a passing knowledge of &quot;Chaos Magick&quot; would be driving around in a Lamborghini with a blond, a brunette and a redhead inside.</div>
I dunno. Perhaps this will spark something interesting in response. I can't disagree with your experience or your metaphor. But from my own, wouldn't you say it's not that simple? Surely it isn't enough to will a blond, a brunette, and a redhead. One must be capable of going out of the house and holding a conversation. Even if a person happened to be a fancy pants magickian instead.

As you know well enough, in either hypothetical case mentioned, such things often don't simply appear in the driveway. Okay, maybe they might appear in the driveway validating your humor. But even if the rarity takes place and they do show up knocking one day, you or anyone would have to hold their attention which takes more than jacking off on sigils all day. Right?

And if that same magickally inclined person then also wanted the lambo (assuming it didn't come first), then it would be far better for them to will an increase in the capacity for them to do work if they want to manifest your goal of said lambo. As well as an increase in personal magnetism and charisma otherwise noted as before. One should have the basic prerequisites for that individual scenario they will encounter taken care of as best as possible to stack the cards in your favor. Right?

So that's got little to do with someone's level of study and practice in magick and more to do with common sense and being able to clearly make and assign steps to goals, I think. At least so far in the conversation anyway.

A person would have to open yourself to the possibility of what you manifest. And the greater the task then you know it means the more work you'll likely have to do to align your life to manifest it regardless of technique. Though performed correctly, clearly duofocal would be a much more powerful way of magnetizing it. I readily admit this. However it's often not as easy. And there are certain concerns previously unaddressed.

Moreover, wouldn't you agree that you can only obtain the results you desire through the energies you put out AND are able to connect with? Meaning you might be a genius, but if you never use your genius productively you will gain no fruit from your advantage. One can use autofocal sex to become the master of the planet, but if they sit in the house all day and play WoW they won't achieve very much for their efforts.

However this is true for duofocal works as well. Not to mention the necessity for single minded adherence to the goal you are seeking to attract. Which is a bit difficult and harder to work successfully than autofocal techniques often necessarily are. I think you would need a skilled magickian (rare) or a totally ignorant one of your goals, which is less than satisfactory to say the least. Its almost autofocal isn't it.

Wouldn't okay autofocal be better than hastily practiced duofocal formats? And would a 15 year old with merely a passing level of Chaos Magick experience and knowledge be any better at duofocal sex workings than autofocal anyway? Okay. That's not your point. Though still.

How often do you do magick for money and watch opportunities slip away? You still have to connect with the energies you're drawing, as I said. Crowley has written about this happening on a larger scale than I have been able to produce myself. I dunno. Don't mix up the planes, but you need to do the work and put yourself out there. Attracting something doesn't mean you have the means to connect with it and bring it home no matter what the format; sexual or none.

--C.G. JUNG