Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

So You Want to Be a Goetic Shaman? Question and answer forum for the discussion of anything related to the Goetia (including the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum) with especial regard to using the daemons in non-traditional ways.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
Evander

Send a message via ICQ to Evander

Hello good genie oracle,

After reading your F.A.Q. I would like to know more about additional Goetic spirits beyond the classic 72 found in the Lesser Key of Solomon. Are there modern sources you can recommend? How did you come to discover Izabael? Are their more Goetic spirits that are 'grandchildren' of sorts from the 72?

- Evander
Evander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
UncleAl

Since the Goetia was originally a hodgepodge of various ancient, local, and cult dieties, there is no reason there couldn't be more than the traditional 72.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -- Erwin Rommel
UncleAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
Izabael DaJinn

Evander. Have you used the Little Black Book of Venus by John Dee? It's one of my favs beyond the Goetia.

Little Black Book of Venus

I always feel like some of the other Goetics want "updating" like Izabael was for Seere, but so far none have spoken out about it to me directly.

I didn't discover Izabael, Magister pAmphAge did. She came to him first as a muse in a novel within a year after his first working with Seere (on massive hits of acid he told me!) Then she spoke to him more clearly on Salvia a few years ago where he did a 3 month working with her as the center. Now he doesn't use salvia as his connection to her is pretty solidified.

I bonded with Izabael right away though once I was introduced to her in by pAmphAge. I felt it was my calling to be her spokemodel. For now!! There's always a chance she could dump me for another priestess someday!! But for now I feel blessed ;-)

xoxo,
Izabael

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
Evander

Izabael,

I am familiar with Dee's LBB, it certainly is one of the more interesting (and potent) grimoires in addition to the Greater and Lesser Keys of Solomon, along with the Picatrix. I have worked with updated versions of the classic 72 of sorts, like UndleAl mentioned, in their original forms, such as evoking the Goddess Astarte (Ashtaroth) and Lord Baal (Bael), for instance, instead of their more medieval interpretations. I work with the dark mirror method of spirit evocation as taught by the Order of the Temple of Astarte, which is one reason why I am so keenly interested in yours and others more progressive experiences with these spirits and beings.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and learnings. I have some of my own regarding Izabael that I would like to share....

-Evander
Old 06-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #5
DominiqueCleopatra

Please do Evander! I am quite curious...
DominiqueCleopatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
Evander

DominiqueCleopatra
Old 06-15-2009, 01:19 AM   #7
nytek

<div class="quote"><div class="quoting">Quoting: Izabael</div>I always feel like some of the other Goetics want &quot;updating&quot; like Izabael was for Seere, but so far none have spoken out about it to me directly. </div>
Perhaps like so many other things, you have to already have the inherent desire in some latent form. The right mission for the right person?

<div class="quote"><div class="quoting">Quoting: Izabael</div>
There's always a chance she could dump me for another priestess someday!!</div>

People like you and I holding various offices will not get off so easily I would imagine. Theoretically this incarnation could be the result of many ages of conditions being met. Though yeah, who doesn't have their own will pop up to frustrate the higher one? I feel your concern in some respects having said that. Being cosmically fired would mean we failed after all. Hmm?

Knock on wood or whatever. haha

We're young as hell. Most of our huge accomplishments likely won't come until years from now. You know? I guess that means nothing is guaranteed for sure though. So you're right.

By the way, it's funny how it just makes sense. How something happens to one person and it speaks to their soul in an undeniable way. eg I am acquainted with a writing buddy who I believe holds the office of Mary Magdalene. And have met two who feel they are Moon-children. I noted strong similarities between all three of our experiences in coming to where we are which was cool and supremely helpful to my path occasionally.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #8
nytek

The part you left out from everyone else is the consequences for just such a hypothetical failure. ;\ I doubt the consequence for frustrating our oath bound wills would be kindly limited to our just being &quot;fired&quot; from office depending on how we handled it! We are imprinted after all. Talk about a back lash of cosmic proportion. Jeez. I guess I don't need to paint any pictures if anyone has ever screwed up their path a bit before and strayed from their true will once sworn to realize and manifest it. All the catastrophes in the world happen then like merciless lessons from on high. And that is not even a true failure, mind you.

So luckily it's likely not that easy to muck up our paths completely to such an extreme. You know? But I'm not testing anything either.

How's that old saying go? With great power comes great responsibility, and the ability to attract great consequences. Werd.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
Arckangel

There is a spirit named Pruflas that is not listed in most Goetia grimoires.
http://enochian.org/daemons.php?page=Pruflas
Arckangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:32 AM   #10
TrueLeoSnake

There are definitely spirits beyond the 72 standardized within the Goetia. In fact certain spirits within the Goetia can teach you how to find and capture new spiritual entities to add to one's personal compendium of spirits.
TrueLeoSnake is offline   Reply With Quote