Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

So You Want to Be a Goetic Shaman? Question and answer forum for the discussion of anything related to the Goetia (including the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum) with especial regard to using the daemons in non-traditional ways.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:07 PM   #1
whiteswan1988

Default How does a beginner start with Goetic Demons?

Let's say I've been doing magick on and off for several years, and also reading about it, and have a natural "magical mind". I've been doing the Pentagram ritual pretty much daily, had done it a few times in the past, but starting about a week ago been doing it faithfully, and have done a few candle and stone/crystal spells.

I don't think I've ever tried to work with Goetic figures before, but I would like to, and do it as safely as possible.

What would I have to learn and how long would it take before I can start working with the demons?

Thank you everyone who responds!
whiteswan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:52 PM   #2
TrueLeoSnake

Okay you have to basic questions: how long to learn & how long until you can practice. The answer to both is that depends on you. I'm not trying to cop out answering the question nor sound guru-like that really is the answer; because everyone's learning curve is different.

Have no fear that's not the end of the answer but just to let you know no human can tell you when you are ready but suggestions can be given to help prepare you to be ready. First thing first you have to know about what the Goetia is and how to practice it.

First you gonna get “experts” that tell you there's only one true way to practice the Goetia and that's complete bovine excrement. There are several different methodologies for practicing Solomonic Sorcery i.e. The Goetia so the best way to figure out which one is best for you is to study the different ways to practice and go with the one that best resonant with you.

The following listed grimiores covers The Goetia and teaches distinct methodologies to practice that spiritual system:

“So You Want to Be a Goetic Shaman?” by PamPhage

“Aleister's Crowley's Illustrated Goetia” by Lon Milo DuQuette & Christopher S. Hyatt

“The Book of Solomon's Magic” by Carroll Poke Runyon

“Modern Goetic Grimoire” by Rufus Opus

“The Lesser Key of Solomon” by Joseph H. Peterson

“The Goetia of Dr. Rudd” by Stephen Skinner & David Rankine

“Succubus Evocation” & “Goetia: Dakini Daemonicon” by Faustus Crow

Now there are more grimiores about The Goetia then the ones I listed. However, the other ones are largely republishing the main conjurations and spirit bios with almost no innovation so there's no need for needless repetition. Time is too valuable to waste.

Now getting back to the list the books are arranged in terms of difficult level regrading practice. In other words arranged so you can begin practicing with the shortest learning curve possible. In theory you could probably start within two months tops once you understand the techniques within “So You Want to Be a Goetic Shaman?” by PamPhage along with “Aleister's Crowley's Illustrated Goetia” by Lon Milo DuQuette & Christopher S. Hyatt.

At bare minimum you should study the first two recommended Goetia grimiores before attempting a formal evocation or working with Goetia spirits in other spellwork e.g. candle magic using Goetia sigils, etc. Using the methodology in either of the two grimiores can have you working you with the Goetia Spirits within a month to two months tops.

However, the traditional prerequisite is six months to a year of preparation rituals: Middle Pillar Ritual, Lesser Ritual of Pentagram, Lesser Ritual of Hexagram, and Bornless One Ritual before attempting any Goetic Ritual Work (Don't ever summon what you are unable to banish).

So why did I share those other grimiores? The other Goetia grimiore I recommended are still very good to study at your leisure to see alternative methodologies for working that Spiritual Paradigm. Plus you may have additional questions or might not understand a concept or technique in the first two grimiores and may read info in the other ones that answers your question.

Also the other Goetia grimiores offer alternative methodologies you may want to examine and experiment with at a later date. Ultimately again, it's about what techniques resonant best with yourself and also which practice delivers the best results. I hope this answers guides you in the right direction for your Solomonic Sorcery.

All the Best!!!!!

Last edited by TrueLeoSnake; 10-30-2017 at 05:00 PM.
TrueLeoSnake is offline   Reply With Quote