Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

So You Want to Be a Goetic Shaman? Question and answer forum for the discussion of anything related to the Goetia (including the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum) with especial regard to using the daemons in non-traditional ways.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
Djinn and juice

Default Hi, and Furfur?

Hello folks, I hope we're all well. This is part introduction, part a request for your advice on something. I'm Joe and I've been practicing magick "seriously" now for a couple of years, with a couple of years reading before that. While I'm not new to magick I am new to evocation and I'm planning to do my first soon, which is were I'd like to ask for your help if I may.

I recently read The Modern Goetic Grimoire by Rufus Opus, are any of you familiar with it? I think it's very good Looking through the seals Furfur called out to me in a big way, and gave me a very strong impression that he is in fact a she, has anyone had the same impression? Also, any experiences that you would like to share that you've had with her (or him) will be much appreciated.

My main issue is I'd like a more demon friendly method to evoke. I've read a few different methods online that put demons in the 4 quarters of the circle, however I'm not a Satanist and I haven't dedicated myself to any deity that I worship, if anything I'm polytheist in a very casual sort of way, and I feel more of a connection to Lucifer than Satan. My question here is, should I perform a basic dedication rite to either before I use the names in the circle? Could I use the planets instead of entities? Do I even need the circle if I don't see the Goetic demons as a threat?

Second, the HGA, Bornless one, or super natural assistant. Is it really so important to use a middle man? I'm not sure if it's me just being plain wrong here but I believe I have knowledge and conversation with 5 demons who're are my guides and guardians so do I need to work on the HGA before I attempt to call on Furfur? I planned on just calling to her with her Enn and seal until she showed up. In RO's Modern goetic grimoire he states one of her attributes is helping you attain the knowledge and conversation of your HGA, so could I not do things that way if it's really necessary? Also, is it possible that a demon from the Goetia could be your HDA?

Third, the triangle. A lot of what I read about Furfur is that she will always lie unless in a triangle. I know that any entity can lie but I'm of the opinion that they'll be less likely to do so if they like you and if you treat them with the same respect, so is the triangle really necessary? Does anyone here work without the circle and triangle? If these things are there for the magickians peace of mind and to make them feel protected do I need them if I have no fear of these beings?

Ideally I would like to do without either and just call on Furfur to introduce myself and get to know her. She has an interest in me which is pretty clear, that's my motivation to call on her, there's nothing I want her to do for me. Is my confidence in myself and her misplaced or do you think I should follow my gut here?

I hope I've explained what I'm asking clearly enough, I feel a bit muddled about it all. I don't feel a connection to the Angels though I aren't anti Christian, I'm not anti anything so to me the commanding and threatening with the boss names doesn't work, I might as well call on Santa for protection because I don't get that shit. If I do need the circle surely its better it actually means something to me, and the angels aren't my first choice for protection and balance. If I do need the triangle can I explain that it's not through fear or meant as an offense? How bad could the bang be if I don't use either? Also, if I call the being into the circle with me is that invocation?

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you all for reading, and if you reply in advance. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Joe.
Djinn and juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:39 AM   #2
magickkid

Certainly the ceremonial in the book you mention is a suggestion to be followed,
if nothing more. It should be taken as a starting point at least. The circle is
a tradition which has a strong tradition (and energy) associated with it. Not only
is it helpful to think of the circle as a barrier of protection, but it also a way to
accumulate magical energy. The triangle is traditional for extra safety.
That said, it may not be necessary to literally draw up a circle et al.
I have found imagination and visualization of the circle to work well.
But then I tend to be mostly mental in my magick. For example, see
calmstream.com.

magickkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #3
Djinn and juice

Hi, Thanks for the input, it's very much appreciated I'm working on drawing the circle out and trying to understand how it all goes together.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:33 PM   #4
Sail Hatan

Check this out.

FURFUR
  • Zodiac Position: 15-19 degrees of Virgo
  • September 8th-12th
  • Tarot Card: 9 of Pentacles
  • Candle color: Red
  • Plant: Cypress
  • Planet: Saturn
  • Element: Earth
  • Metal: Lead
  • Furfur is a Day Demon and rules 26 legions of spirits
She incites love between a man and woman. She also causes thunder, lightening and wind. She bestows a love of battle and can reveal the secret thoughts of others. Furfur is a beautiful Demoness. She has silky white wings, with curly blonde hair and large blue eyes.
SIGIL
Sail Hatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:39 PM   #5
Djinn and juice

Thanks for replying, it's good to know I'm not alone in feeling that he is in fact a she

If I could add an additional question for anyone who feels like picking it up, is evocation when others are in the house a bad idea? I live in a shared house so my "temple" is usually my bedroom as it's hard to get any time alone in other parts of the house. My concern is while I'm safe inside the circle, others who're around might not be?

Otherwise things are progressing well, and I'm looking at Samhain for my first evocation. I just finished making my table of practice which I'm pretty proud of. Excuse me while I show off

Attachment 44

Last edited by Djinn and juice; 11-04-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:28 AM   #6
Djinn and juice

Thought I'd update this as a kind of journal. Lets see if I go insane over the next couple of weeks

So I get my official big boys badge now. I performed my first ever evocation, with Furfur. I started at about 8pm and ended about 9:30pm, is that about the right amount of time to spend in ritual?

I spent the day making the hexagram, ring, and pentagram/Lamen (following RO's guidelines in the MGG) acronyms a-go-go. They were all made on paper as I can't afford to buy expensive materials at the moment.

When the time came I changed into clean clothes and busted out the revised LBRP of Frater Malak's, I like the simplicity and the calling of the elements. I consecrated the altar, table of practice, wand, shew stone, incense and candles with Obeah ritual oil, then anointed myself and said the short oration of consecration from the MGG.
I cast the circle psychically, mainly due to the massive fuck on it took trying to create one physically, and so far nobody died, and nothing exploded. I drew the damned thing that many times I can see it with my closed and I'm pretty sure it's "integrated" anyway.

I blessed the incense and shew stone with the wand, and lit it, then did RO's shortened method of the Bornless right, and then proceeded to repeatedly fuck up threading the Lamen and trying to tie it around my neck. At this point in time I'm pretty sure both Furfur and my HGA were laughing at me.
When I totally nailed getting the Lamen on (uh huh) I did the conjuration of Furfur, and got a serious impression that she was already here and getting impatient. Struggled on a couple of the names but got there in the end.

During communication I felt a very heavy but not bad energy. Very strong and very calm, which wasn't what I expected, I spoke to a friend on another site and they said she's raw chaos at first, but I felt she was very cool and reassuring, but definitely Saturn, this vast and timeless certainty. Her attentions have been around for a few weeks so this is possibly why it wasn't such a freak out for me, there's some interest between us both.

I didn't see anything other than once the shew stone went very black, and once I saw 2 large, black, slanted eyes at the top of the stone. There was a shade of a figure for a second in the background but that could have been my focus shifting. I saw light patterns when my eyes closed but that could have been from the candles on the altar.
I heard a whisper "yes" but otherwise all other impressions where energetic. A definite presence, and a good one.

When I'd chilled with it for a while and said my piece I gave license to depart, did another revised LBRP as the room I worked in is communal in the house, and tidied up the area.

I feel good about it I know the areas I need to improve on, and having done it I can't wait to try again. I'm going to keep working only with Furfur for a while and allow things to develop.

My thanks to Furfur. She's a cool lady
Old 11-02-2015, 02:31 PM   #7
Djinn and juice

This is 2 days after evocation, and I'd like to publicly thank Furfur for her blessings and teachings, Furfur, you're awesome.

Yesterday I randomly stumbled across an article by Imperial Arts that detailed an evocation of her and the knowledge she shared with him. I really don't agree with the guys ethical practice and treatment of entities at all, but on reading it I was reminded of what I'd asked her the previous night. I asked her to teach me about who she and the other entities of the Goetia were, and aid me in understanding my connection to my creator, and my HGA. I found information to research on all of these things in the article I'm linking below.

http://imperialarts.livejournal.com/6668.html

The past 2 night's I'm hearing a woman talking to me just before I fall asleep but I still can't totally comprehend words. I get impressions of the message in the first dream and the dream before I wake up. Last night was about hunting, and trying to cross a river of flowing lava on drifting islands, like in a computer game.

Yesterday evening I got into an argument with a drunken house mate (I live in a shared house) and I'm usually quite passive and don't rise easily to provocation to the extent I did. Him being drunk things quickly escalated and suddenly had him by his throat and was about to throw a punch that I knew would knock him down, and just managed to stop myself in time. He obviously got really mad and knocked me into a table, but somehow I understand my balance, his balance, and how to put him on his ass, and I shit you not, I flipped him over my shoulder but made sure he landed on his feet. I have zero martial arts training, and I don't do fighting usually, but at this point we both stopped, and it was clear I was going to hurt him if he carried on. Can't explain that.

Thanks though, Furfur. You're rather amazing.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:16 PM   #8
Djinn and juice

My thanks to Furfur for her help and guidance. she's taught me a lot over the past few months, I'm now confident when I conjure, and my senses are developing rapidly. I'm seeing huge improvements in my divination skills, and I'm finding a style of magick that is my own, somewhere between Hoodoo/New Orleans style Voodoo, and the ceremonial magick of the Grimoires from "that" period in the middle east, with a twist of Javanese magick and conjuring a Khodam and Djinn. I'm working a lot with the Djinn

I've been working on Talismans most recently, and here I have to give my thanks to Gabriel, Raphael, and Hanael. I went through an initiation with each of them, and was then allowed access to the spirits under them in the planetary spheres. I used all this to make a Talisman of the combined energies that draws and promotes love, balance, better communication and help with learning, and developing my abilities.

So, yeah... My thanks to Furfur, Gabriel, Raphael, Hanael, and my guys. There is no emoticon to capture the essence of this, so I'm going to stop typing after the stop.