Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

So You Want to Be a Goetic Shaman? Question and answer forum for the discussion of anything related to the Goetia (including the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum) with especial regard to using the daemons in non-traditional ways.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
amjollner

Default Goetia, Azazel

I just finished the Grimoir of the Damned by E A Koetting. question: do you need to totally destroy yourself and enter a pact with Azazel before you work with the demons that Koetting lists in his book? Or are they available regardless? sorry about the tag line I just looked and Azazel is not a goetia.

Last edited by amjollner; 01-07-2013 at 12:52 AM.
amjollner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
amjollner

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjollner View Post
I just finished the Grimoir of the Damned by E A Koetting. question: do you need to totally destroy yourself and enter a pact with Azazel before you work with the demons that Koetting lists in his book? Or are they available regardless? sorry about the tag line I just looked and Azazel is not a goetia.
Commentary
The thought process that we might have to go through is to realize that no one is coming to help us, "no save by the calvery" (old western reference.) Meaning that we are alone and through our own power, not power given to us by a god form, will we reach our godhood. After reaching the point of entering the abyss(hell) and going into that realization that we are truely alone and if we are to survive then we must save ourselves can we have the power of un imaginable strength. Azazal comments in the book(my words) that nothing exists until we the magician observe it for ourselves, I guess the meaning is that until we see it or call it forth, it is not real. But he goes on, once he is called or any other, it would be as if they were always with us. And Keotting explains later that they will be with us until the day we die. Thoughts anyone?

This work is not like the New Age stuff filling the book shelves in every book store. But is a real, I mean real Grimoire; No tricks, no hard to understand cryptic language, no phony promises. I feel I have a better understanding of the true message of what we are and where we can go- if we had the desire. I have not decided what parts I want to use, It was so powerful a book that it changed my thinking and I am trying to figure out what or how to use it. It is a little scary to tear down everything you have worked so hard to achieve. Koetting talks about all obsticals being demolished; his job, his wife, his book deals. He lost them all, but it opened up a better job and other opportunity, a new and better book series and a new women etc.

Last edited by amjollner; 01-17-2013 at 05:03 PM.
amjollner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
Prachoda

Send a message via Skype™ to Prachoda

Same thoughts. Grimoir of the Damned aka Book of Azazel.

Now I think about more safe work with Kingdoms of Flame.
Prachoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
Nue

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjollner View Post
Commentary
The thought process that we might have to go through is to realize that no one is coming to help us, "no save by the calvery" (old western reference.) Meaning that we are alone and through our own power, not power given to us by a god form, will we reach our godhood. After reaching the point of entering the abyss(hell) and going into that realization that we are truely alone and if we are to survive then we must save ourselves can we have the power of un imaginable strength. Azazal comments in the book(my words) that nothing exists until we the magician observe it for ourselves, I guess the meaning is that until we see it or call it forth, it is not real. But he goes on, once he is called or any other, it would be as if they were always with us. And Keotting explains later that they will be with us until the day we die. Thoughts anyone?

This work is not like the New Age stuff filling the book shelves in every book store. But is a real, I mean real Grimoire; No tricks, no hard to understand cryptic language, no phony promises. I feel I have a better understanding of the true message of what we are and where we can go- if we had the desire. I have not decided what parts I want to use, It was so powerful a book that it changed my thinking and I am trying to figure out what or how to use it. It is a little scary to tear down everything you have worked so hard to achieve. Koetting talks about all obsticals being demolished; his job, his wife, his book deals. He lost them all, but it opened up a better job and other opportunity, a new and better book series and a new women etc.
The part about things not existing until it is called forth, but yet always existing at the same time reminded me of how the internet works. All websites "exist" at all times, but they "technically" don't "exist" until you punch in the right key to load it, similar to how "observing" something is doing the exact same thing.

Nue is offline   Reply With Quote