Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Ye Old Black Magick If Alex from A Clockwork Orange could do magick, what sort of magick would he do?

Old 10-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
nytek

Default Fear of Black Magick

I think the fear of Black Magick is irrational. I think it's like fearing any martial art or even lifting weights for fear that you will then want to abuse your strength and skill for amoral reasons. Such thinking to me only ascribes a monkey-like mentality that speaks of that person's character; something they project onto the masses interested in black magick out of ignorance. So they have an aversion away from handing an individual power and the tools to use it fearing instead self-destruction and some evil they foolishly think themselves to be "above" in certain cases... being above this ego so many claim to have gotten beyond. And that's great. Even if you develop a good tight grip on your ego however, you don't need to become an ascetic ... but I digress.

For one, knowing the enemy is vital. For another, the most evil thought one can have to Hagur, myself, and others is thinking one has no evil thoughts throughout the day. That's about as "charming" a notion as the idea that a person has no enemies. If you exist in public, in this world of differences, if somehow you don't have an enemy eventually you will likely cross paths with someone who will become one due to differences in values, dreams, and destinies even. What--you think that if you're nice to everyone then everyone will be nice to you back? HA! Some people will dislike you from the start and nothing you can do will change their frame they now have sorted you into; ie. someone deserving contempt and scorn or disapproval. What if you can't find a new job when someone makes you their nemesis? What if you do get fired and suffer great hardship over someone who didn't think twice and won't after you're done? Worse yet, what if it happens unfairly to someone you love? Sure, a fair part of being enlightened is not automatically having a temper tantrum when these sorts of things happen to us, but regardless, the alternative scenario of a smash-up can be cathartic too.

Pacificism can't stop it when a crazy person decides to get you fired, moreover, why should you take that? A shield of love isn't going to do anything about the life destroying gossip someone just cursed you with by way of spreading. What's to stop you from playing the guerilla now? Even though you no longer believe in Heaven we'll assume, are you affected by the cultural remnants of the promise of an afterlife that says if you are good and stay in line and don't cause trouble/chaos you will be a good person (even without the promise of being rewarded later like a Christian)? And that said just how much of your programming are you aware of the reasoning behind following? How much of it do you only assume is right to agree with because everyone else thinks it so and finds it generally culturally and socially acceptible?

I ask because the more I read about "Magian control" the more real it gets for me at least... for example, it's just like the sacrificing of animals being so taboo though there's no law against it ... and for example Kosher hotdogs are for sale for lunch (Kosher meats are sacrificial animals that are blessed), as is chicken widely available which chickens are slaughtered without the care, respect, or dilligence of a practitioner often times we can assume, if they are even properly housed and fed and cared for at Perdue's farm.

I ask the question Koetting makes a statement of: Why in a world so utterly without divinity and compassion is there such a prolonged fear of the diabolical? It really just seems ridiculous the way people use transference and rationalization to cause Holy Wars and all kinds of chaos in the name of Good when clearly the restriction they represent is so very Evil compared to being flexible and not killing over fear of losing their identities ... self-awareness being the true motivator and differences being the catalyst. This is an obvious example, but the hypocrisy doesn't end there I assure you.

Your thoughts? Your rants? I'm "listening."

---Frater Ex Tenebris, Lux
(Nytek)

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 10-25-2010 at 11:43 PM.
nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
ceewayne

This is something that was given to me by one of my Teachers

Fear limits power
Fear limits power
What are you afraid of? Are you afraid of failing? Are you afraid of success? Are you afraid of being hurt, not knowing what would happen, losing control? Are you afraid of being taken over by power you raise? Are you afraid of what you might have to do, what you might lose, what you might gain for power? Are you afraid what you might do with it?

She got me thinking about using anger and hate and other 'black' emotions as sources of power. Passion gets shit done.

We are taught to be afraid. The mindset nowadays is meek=good=stupid.

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
ceewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceewayne View Post
This is something that was given to me by one of my Teachers

Fear limits power

Because so many people are not in the few and the elite, naturally there is fear born of struggle, loss, emulation, and unfulfilled desires, all brought on by the impending approach of death. There is a slave's dispassion of power and resembling "the man" which I feel people dislike as well. All in all, good on your teacher though. It's something to meditate on I bet you'd recommend.

Quote:
Fear limits power
And as you've heard me say, Brother CW, is not fear merely the sensations of uncertainty mixed with those of excitement? Is it not really then a tangling of two things that can be remedied through the application of the golden solar sword of self-analysis who's grip and cross-guard are a waxing and waning crescent moon, and who's pommel is the full moon itself in solar illumination?

Quote:
What are you afraid of? Are you afraid of failing? Are you afraid of success? Are you afraid of being hurt, not knowing what would happen, losing control? Are you afraid of being taken over by power you raise? Are you afraid of what you might have to do, what you might lose, what you might gain for power? Are you afraid what you might do with it?
We are afraid to admit -- we just don't know what will happen. So we find ways around it, most of which involve restriction which is the basis of sin as we here know it. The only true abuse of power is that which hurts you directly or indirectly in terms of karmic patterns and their ascertainment and removal versus blind indulgence of them and atavistic delight.

Quote:
She got me thinking about using anger and hate and other 'black' emotions as sources of power. Passion gets shit done.
It's all about restoring peace to me, sure. All power tends towards peace or destruction, to restore peace. One implies the other and exists within and alongside it of course. Maybe it's that the problem comes in seeking conquest endlessly when truly you merely seek peace of mind. The problem is not violence itself, or the study of violent arts.

Quote:
We are taught to be afraid. The mindset nowadays is meek=good=stupid.
meek=mediocre=stupid=good... don't forget A for Effort style mediocrity. Otherwise you nailed it in my opinion. At some point you need to act fast and strike hard. Trying to use black magick at the last minute is typically going to fail for one reason or another anyway. Even though some martial artists train all day many days a week, they still don't fight all day, nor do they become only fighters if their martial art is also a sport. Nor does one become "only" a black magickian for practicing black magick and taking up the crazy idea that the ego is a useful tool rather than a hindrance to unity. Trust me. Unity will come eventually but not while you're alive. You know?

It's worth it to achieve K&C HGA for the viewpoint and experience of the abyss which the HGA really makes a lot safer, but otherwise I think strengthening the main pillar and fortifying it with the engines of war is the next natural step once you've already metaphorically cut Maya to shreds and have distilled it into a balance. edit: From what is inspiring, forms are determined and judged and are drawn down into your being to manifest. The Sun, XIX, and also The Aeon XX, both deal with this process. Hopefully I haven't botched the symbolism of my explanation here....

edit: Seeing the spectrum of consciousness and knowing your place is expanding the mind/spirit to encompass knowledge of the heights and depths. Evil and good are both entirely fluid, neither being better or more powerful concepts but contraries to each other. "The experience of the absolute within the confines of the finite reality."

As Crowley says, from above the abyss to Babalon, in the plane represented to our conscious minds by the triangle of manifestation, they're the same thing "Love and hate"; another exhausting passion, another ecstasy to exhaust oneself in.

There's a lot related to this I don't have time to write about. Nobody has to agree with what I have wrote. It's not presented as dogma. Though I hope it makes sense to your experience. Further I'm not a sole guardian of some forbidden wisdom either.

Alright, back to work.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 10-22-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
ceewayne

Quote:
It's something to meditate on I bet you'd recommend.
She likes giving me stuff to mediate on.

Quote:
not fear merely the sensations of uncertainty mixed with those of excitement?
Sometimes. Sometimes it is something that you really want to avoid.

May I say, and forgive me if I am putting words in your mouth, the fear that you are talking about is the mixed feelings of attraction and repulsion. Example for me is that I never liked being confined. Until a girl I knew trussed me like a Satanic Boy Scout.

Quote:
Maybe it's that the problem comes in seeking conquest endlessly when truly you merely seek peace of mind.
Sometimes that is the only thing a person knows. They don't know when they won and can stand down.

Quote:
At some point you need to act fast and strike hard. Trying to use black magick at the last minute is typically going to fail for one reason or another anyway.
I spent three years studying Karate for this. It is my experience that it is not the techniques of black magick that might cause a failure. Because most of the techniques are the same as 'white' magick. (I'm Sicilian and Mexican, do I practice Olive and Brown Magick?) It is the need to give yourself permission for an aggressive act.

Quote:
otherwise I think strengthening the main pillar and fortifying it with the engines of war is the next natural step once you've already metaphorically cut Maya to shreds and have distilled it into a balance.
Working on it.

Quote:
As Crowley says, from above the abyss to Babalon, in the plane represented to our conscious minds by the triangle of manifestation, they're the same thing "Love and hate"; another exhausting passion, another ecstasy to exhaust oneself in.
Another one of Teachers/Fellow Students likes standing between Sex and Death. She likes the Liminal Space there.

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
ceewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:01 AM   #5
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceewayne View Post
May I say, and forgive me if I am putting words in your mouth, the fear that you are talking about is the mixed feelings of attraction and repulsion. Example for me is that I never liked being confined.
I don't know if it's so simple. Those things are a part of it, as repulsion of social situations can effect someone who also associated socializing with fear automatically (eg. social anxiety label is easy to throw up here).

Still I think it's about uncertainty ... for example you don't think everything will be fine on one hand, but you don't know what's going to happen on the other exactly... and so you're afraid inside the contained space while others are not afraid. This can get into repressed memories too.

We often feel pain before, too, before it actually reaches us; whatever would hurt us. Why? More fear of uncertainty. Will it hurt? Won't it hurt? We don't know. So our brains feel more comfortable assuming it will and the uncertainty makes a fear of getting hit in that case. It's a bit of a deeper way of looking at cause and effect.

Quote:
Sometimes that is the only thing a person knows. They don't know when they won and can stand down.
I think it's because some people feel a fight, unlike life, has a clear winner and also an end. A fight begins, has a struggle, and then a "victor"... so for example then someone who "conquers" can expect to embrace a sense of finality they perhaps lack in other aspects of their life, for example.

Quote:
I spent three years studying Karate for this. It is my experience that it is not the techniques of black magick that might cause a failure.
Oh yeah, certainly not the techniques...

One could say it comes down to an unstable foundation. Even and especially skyscrapers wobble, but they don't fall over. This is in the same way that building a sturdy tower (here, on daath) needs a strong foundation not to collapse entirely into insanity under the strain of illumination.

Having the power to do what you want means being able to live with the results and most people are seemingly more happy being meek as that's socially accepted and it's easier then not dealing with the said potential consequences for your freedom. I think the failure comes from people being conditioned not to see themselves as powerful and further like the curse of the lottery winner, they have no idea what to do with power when they finally get it so they ruin their lives more often than not in that case.

Quote:
Because most of the techniques are the same as 'white' magick. (I'm Sicilian and Mexican, do I practice Olive and Brown Magick?) It is the need to give yourself permission for an aggressive act.
Yep. Actually for example, all it takes is the addition of a black candle and the right intent to turn around a wealth, health, or other candle spell. Once you reach a base point, like a ninja, most things can be weaponized at need.

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 10-31-2010 at 03:12 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
punkdonkey

Default The Middle Path

Hi All

an idea has come to me recently and I would like verybodys thoughts on this.
The LHP and the RHP exist and seem as if they have no connection to each other. I was wondering if it is possible to combine the two together. This may seem stange an against the rules of magic but did the pioneers of Magick follow rules I dont think so. So in the path that I have an idea for you could combine Satanism and Christinaity together if this your will. Has anyone heard of similiar work being written about by authors etc. The idea of this path is to work to achieve balance and to not follow rules

Blessings
Ron
punkdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
nytek

Hi Ron. All paths combine some RHP and LHP features at some point. Really it all hinges around the way the ego is dealt with but saying that is not quite so simple.

RHP: Thy Will, not mine, my Lord.
LHP: My will be done, above all.

Two modes of operating, summarily speaking.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 11-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
nytek

To sum it up more succinctly by the words of one who knew....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
"Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a prince who wants to keep his authority must learn now not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as a necessity requires."

-Niccolo Machiavelli, 1469-1527

--C.G. JUNG

Old 11-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #9
punkdonkey

Hi

thanks for the reply it was very helpful
punkdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
NeoNative

Exclamation

As you progress along the path the distinctions between "Black" or "White" magick seem less stark and eventually cease to exist.

LVX
NeoNative is offline   Reply With Quote