Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 01-14-2016, 02:44 AM   #1
Lunar01

Default Salvia Divinorum

Just wondering...I've heard so much about Salvia Divinorum, but I never smoked it personally. I heard that it is commonly used by occultists in their practice. I've met some people who say that what it does is facilitate entry to the Astral plane, allowing us to soar in that exotic and mysterious realm and encounter interesting beings. Other people say it summons the animate spirit of the plant, leading to a conscious conversation between the two parties. I want to try it but I am also afraid of "opening myself up" for demonic oppression and/or possession. I've seen people who claim to be possessed, and they believed it all started after they've used drugs. Any advice? I figured if there is anyone I should ask, it's people like you.
Lunar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:40 AM   #2
MagickNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar01 View Post
Just wondering...I've heard so much about Salvia Divinorum, but I never smoked it personally. I heard that it is commonly used by occultists in their practice. I've met some people who say that what it does is facilitate entry to the Astral plane, allowing us to soar in that exotic and mysterious realm and encounter interesting beings. Other people say it summons the animate spirit of the plant, leading to a conscious conversation between the two parties. I want to try it but I am also afraid of "opening myself up" for demonic oppression and/or possession. I've seen people who claim to be possessed, and they believed it all started after they've used drugs. Any advice? I figured if there is anyone I should ask, it's people like you.
Well, I believe all living creatures have a 'type of soul' whether bestowed with free will or not, so the plant would be alive and you would have a 'conversation' with it but only so far as it transporting you like a train etc.

Then, it takes you to the astral realm. Here are also Daemons etc. So, it would be similar to Astral projection, as that is what you are doing but in a different way.

Of course, the Daemons can attack you if they want but I would think its rare.

When you sleep, you are travelling to the astral realm and they can attack you here too.

This is because in each of the examples that I have described, your soul is leaving your body but it is still attached by a cord, this is when your soul is vulnerable.

I would protect myself before I did this ; sleep, astral projection, Salvia by a prayer or cleansing or spell etc.

I have done Salvia but it wasn't very strong, I felt out of body, I felt my soul out of body moving around my room but it didn't go any further than that.

I say prayers before I do these things, you can find advice on safe astral projection etc. ( this is what you are doing on Salvia ) .

You could even do your Salvia trip within the Equiliberating Ritual of the Pentagram that you cast, in fact I will do this too next time, safer the better, just like wearing a safety belt.

Then, you can enjoy the ride.

( You're quite right to ask this question - you're on the right path, it can be dangerous, so it has to be done right, I too have known many unfortunate people but don't let it put you off, its just a question of getting back ancient knowledge that has been taken away from us over the last 100 years )

Last edited by MagickNinja; 01-14-2016 at 06:47 AM.
MagickNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:24 PM   #3
Omera

I like salvia divinorum and she likes me

An open mind is a fortress with its gates unguarded and open.

Doubt is the doorway from which the truth may pass through.

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Omera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:29 AM   #4
Lunar01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickNinja View Post
Well, I believe all living creatures have a 'type of soul' whether bestowed with free will or not, so the plant would be alive and you would have a 'conversation' with it but only so far as it transporting you like a train etc.

Then, it takes you to the astral realm. Here are also Daemons etc. So, it would be similar to Astral projection, as that is what you are doing but in a different way.

Of course, the Daemons can attack you if they want but I would think its rare.

When you sleep, you are travelling to the astral realm and they can attack you here too.

This is because in each of the examples that I have described, your soul is leaving your body but it is still attached by a cord, this is when your soul is vulnerable.

I would protect myself before I did this ; sleep, astral projection, Salvia by a prayer or cleansing or spell etc.

I have done Salvia but it wasn't very strong, I felt out of body, I felt my soul out of body moving around my room but it didn't go any further than that.

I say prayers before I do these things, you can find advice on safe astral projection etc. ( this is what you are doing on Salvia ) .

You could even do your Salvia trip within the Equiliberating Ritual of the Pentagram that you cast, in fact I will do this too next time, safer the better, just like wearing a safety belt.

Then, you can enjoy the ride.

( You're quite right to ask this question - you're on the right path, it can be dangerous, so it has to be done right, I too have known many unfortunate people but don't let it put you off, its just a question of getting back ancient knowledge that has been taken away from us over the last 100 years )
Thank you so much, MN! This is pretty much all I needed to know. But I wonder, is the opening up of the self temporary or is it permanent? Because as far as I know it's like a door that God, out of mercy, kept locked for us. Once we unlock it, it can easily be pushed wide open anytime...whether we are aware of it or not (intentionally or unintentionally). To me, this is a little too big a step to take as I'm a responsible young man trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good relations. I'd love to hear your own personal opinion on this.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:13 PM   #5
Magari

In my opinion the experience is so overwhelming and only lasts a few minutes not really allowing you to do anything but be a passive observer.

The ancient mexican shamans merely chewed on the leaves or drank tea made from them in order to induce vivid dreams while sleeping.

Smoking it is a waste of salvia and time in my opinion.

Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #6
MagickNinja

Quote:
Thank you so much, MN! This is pretty much all I needed to know. But I wonder, is the opening up of the self temporary or is it permanent? Because as far as I know it's like a door that God, out of mercy, kept locked for us. Once we unlock it, it can easily be pushed wide open anytime...whether we are aware of it or not (intentionally or unintentionally). To me, this is a little too big a step to take as I'm a responsible young man trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good relations. I'd love to hear your own personal opinion on this.
Hi, you're welcome. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then I wouldn't do it. Let things in life come to you naturally at the right time if they are meant for you and you are meant for them.

Its really hard sometimes, I know I struggle to be the 'Fool' ( from the tarot card ) but that is the best way.

For me, I had no choice, the Djinn came into my life without my permission and so it was a path that chose me and something that I could not escape from. So, while I don't ever attempt playing with fire, I'm not worried about other certain things because I've dealt with the worst and the same could happen to me again but I just don't believe its in my destiny. And the more I learn, the better able I am to protect myself.

I remember a religious saying from God, it went something like this "You can interact with Djinn, but it is better to leave them alone."
Old 01-18-2016, 08:07 AM   #7
Lunar01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickNinja View Post
Hi, you're welcome. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then I wouldn't do it. Let things in life come to you naturally at the right time if they are meant for you and you are meant for them.

Its really hard sometimes, I know I struggle to be the 'Fool' ( from the tarot card ) but that is the best way.

For me, I had no choice, the Djinn came into my life without my permission and so it was a path that chose me and something that I could not escape from. So, while I don't ever attempt playing with fire, I'm not worried about other certain things because I've dealt with the worst and the same could happen to me again but I just don't believe its in my destiny. And the more I learn, the better able I am to protect myself.

I remember a religious saying from God, it went something like this "You can interact with Djinn, but it is better to leave them alone."
You're probably right. When I read the Quran, I was surprised to see that there are lots and lots of "you can do this, but it's better if you don't" type of statements. There's also a big mention about the Djinn and the evolution of Magic. I had a rough time getting my head around all the ambiguous metaphors.

I know it's none of my business, but I'm curious as to how your first encounter with Djinn went. Were you alone? Were you expecting anything? I feel as though I might have encountered a Djinni before, but I remain uncertain.

I like the idea of letting things come naturally. It's the way I want to live my life but forget sometimes. Thanks for reminding me!

What happens when you become the Fool? Not really familiar with tarot cards, but why would anyone want to be a Fool!
Old 01-18-2016, 10:20 AM   #8
MagickNinja

Quote:
You're probably right. When I read the Quran, I was surprised to see that there are lots and lots of "you can do this, but it's better if you don't" type of statements. There's also a big mention about the Djinn and the evolution of Magic. I had a rough time getting my head around all the ambiguous metaphors.

I know it's none of my business, but I'm curious as to how your first encounter with Djinn went. Were you alone? Were you expecting anything? I feel as though I might have encountered a Djinni before, but I remain uncertain.

I like the idea of letting things come naturally. It's the way I want to live my life but forget sometimes. Thanks for reminding me!

What happens when you become the Fool? Not really familiar with tarot cards, but why would anyone want to be a Fool!
Basically, the Fool is the closest to God, destiny is pre meditable, fate is uncontrollable, most of what happens in life is out of our hands, so if we just do our part and then leave the rest to whatever is meant for us, we will always be on the right path. In this way, we are activating our subconscious ( the Astral realm ) the part where God and the universe is always speaking to us, thoughts, emotions, feelings, dreams, premonitions, fate - which ultimately dictates our lives.

I'm not a tarot card guru or anything, but for me the Fool card depicts the correct attitude towards life, surpassing our pride and ego, not thinking to much, or worrying and just being in the moment and in my opinion this is the hardest thing to do in life whatever situation we find ourselves in.

If you look at the Fool card, the guy has done what he needed ; he is just carrying a small bag of belongings , that's all he needs, he isn't a slave to materialism which is a never ending cycle of desire, he is free and all of the best designs in life are the most simple - complication destroys us. Then, he pretty much closes his eyes and leaves everything in the hands of God, who already has everything planned out for him after the man had done his part. It's pure faith.

Life is a trick, the fool is the best way, the simple way!

I don't really use tarot cards, because I like to be relatively independent of anything, I find it becomes too addictive, to me actually going against the meaning of the fool but I do enjoy looking at the cards because they do symbolize our consciousness and for that it is extremely interesting.

I was alone and I wasn't expecting anything. You probably have encountered many Djinn without fully knowing it, the real world is such a subtle world, which we are told to ignore and dismiss as the 'imagination' etc. by modern science which omits the spirit and the spirit also resides here in this part of the Astral realm.

Yet the imagination is the most powerful tool of all, even Einstein could not have invented Algorythms etc without his imagination.

I believe that nothing is ever by coincidence, everything happens for a reason, everything started from something.

It's an art form to learn how to interpret all of these signs in everyday life.

Yes, the Quran is a great book for reference to information about Djinn, where does it give big mention of Djinn and evolution of Magick?

Last edited by MagickNinja; 01-18-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:19 PM   #9
Magari

Your interpretation of the fool is way off.

Its simply the beginning of the journey towards spiritual growth.

If any card represents "close to God", which is ridiculous considering the omnipresence and everything, its the last card; The World.

Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #10
MagickNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magari View Post
Your interpretation of the fool is way off.

Its simply the beginning of the journey towards spiritual growth.

If any card represents "close to God", which is ridiculous considering the omnipresence and everything, its the last card; The World.
You are ignorant and abusive.

The Fool is the first card in the Tarot - number 0, it represents the Creator - infinity. God is exercising his sense of humor in this illustration, to have pure faith in him.

Someone who speaks so rudely, clearly has no beliefs and could never understand such a basic concept.