Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick in Popular Culture A place to discuss magick on TV, in movies, hidden in corporate logos, emblazoned on t-shirts, and anywhere else magick slips into the mainstream psyche.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:03 PM   #11
Omera

Nigga i'll take a mop handle off n' sweep

An open mind is a fortress with its gates unguarded and open.

Doubt is the doorway from which the truth may pass through.

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Omera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:04 PM   #12
Omera

I cleaned the bloody tampons off my keyboard and unignored you

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #13
Djinn and juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omera View Post
So when I hear about things like contacting ones higher self, being well-versed in years of study, etc etc but I see a black man raised in the hood off of street knowledge has more insight than you, better at managing money, and less involved in people-bullshit, I see a severe flaw in the concept of religion and spirituality itself in that people who are entirely non-religious are actually oftentimes wiser and more realistic than these people who consider themselves illuminated. Its almost as if the quest for enlightenment in itself rigs you up for failure by setting the delusion that you have -some- enlightenment, so in reality you're cut off at half the productivity of non-religious people because in your own little world you've boxed off into definitions and linquistic concepts of what reality is, all the while trying to proclaim that language and conception is something you've escaped from.

Life is about getting money I don't know why more people don't realize this.

Back on topic. No, unless you're trying to build some kind of constructive debate based on sweeping assumptions based on racial and cultural traits. Are you in the 1%?

Ones ethnic/cultural, or racial background, or their financial income doesn't dictate their religious or spiritual beliefs, magickal or otherwise. You're assuming that the black man you see in a financially poor urban community is this archetype because he's in that environment, this is your own social conditioning. How do you know he's not spiritual or religious? Have you stopped to talk to him, got to know him? Would you, a white male from a middle class background think it was okay for someone of any race, culture, or history to think it was okay to assume that about you? Wait, don't answer that, I think I know the answer already, unfortunately.

Money smarts do not make us equal. Surviving in an impoverished and violent community does not make us equal. Religious or spiritual beliefs, or magickal practice do not make us equal. We are sentient beings who create real change in the physical world without magick, and those of us who practice are supposed to be enlightened, yes? That makes you a practitioner, so you tell me. Are you Autistic or retarded?
Djinn and juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:24 PM   #14
Omera

I hang out wit de natty dread erry day yo

Old 12-01-2015, 10:13 PM   #15
Djinn and juice

Quote:
I hang out wit de natty dread erry day yo

Case and point.
Djinn and juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:12 AM   #16
Omera

neither of us are rich. we just got better lives than the preachy buddhist gay old dude whose vegan

Old 12-06-2015, 10:44 PM   #17
Magari

Speak for yourself Omera.

Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:36 AM   #18
MagickNinja

Quote:
So when I hear about things like contacting ones higher self, being well-versed in years of study, etc etc but I see a black man raised in the hood off of street knowledge has more insight than you, better at managing money, and less involved in people-bullshit, I see a severe flaw in the concept of religion and spirituality itself in that people who are entirely non-religious are actually oftentimes wiser and more realistic than these people who consider themselves illuminated. Its almost as if the quest for enlightenment in itself rigs you up for failure by setting the delusion that you have -some- enlightenment, so in reality you're cut off at half the productivity of non-religious people because in your own little world you've boxed off into definitions and linquistic concepts of what reality is, all the while trying to proclaim that language and conception is something you've escaped from.

Life is about getting money I don't know why more people don't realize this.
I wrote a prayer in the prayer book for the Father, I wrote ;

Let us pray for all religions, Hindus, Christians, Jews, Moslems etc. and even atheists, to stand together in the face of tyranny and oppression, for it does not matter of one's conscious belief, if someone believes to do good for no other reason than that of doing good, verily he is a believer in God.

I will add to this ; destiny is pre-meditable, fate is uncontrollable, most of what happens in life is out of our hands, therefore judgement can only be based upon our efforts and intentions, this account will be the only thing that we will take to our graves.

I had another conversation with a store clerk ; I said that materialism is a never ending circle of desire, all it does in enslave us, we need to find something we love and this will bring true happiness, then we will own virtually nothing and anything we do own will simply be part of what we need in a circumstance, this is called 'enlightenment' like the Japanese homes with so few possessions, flying objects in fights was not the primary reason, it was a higher plane of consciousness that the earlier generation experienced in its far more truly technologically advanced state. Incidentally, the store clerk knew all about this, he said I told him what he was about to say, it is a 'next level of consciousness'.

Last edited by MagickNinja; 12-23-2015 at 03:45 AM.
MagickNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:22 PM   #19
Omera

You can desire or not desire but that doesn't mean you can escape from 'materialism'. You can't 'escape' from something you can't get out of till you die.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:17 PM   #20
MagickNinja

Quote:
You can desire or not desire but that doesn't mean you can escape from 'materialism'. You can't 'escape' from something you can't get out of till you die.
Indeed, the devil will remain on Earth until its end, but it is he who has righteousness in his heart who may escape the devil at the end.

I stuck up for you because I always root for the underdog, I treat people how I like to be treated but I kind of get the feeling that you are looking for a fight, but that doesn't work with me, I'm above that. I only defend against those who try to hurt people, firstly by telling them the truth.

I just like to help people, that's the main reason I posted here, but usually dishonest people just abuse my belief. It's just the way the world is right now, sure I have learned this might not be the right channel, but at least I can sleep well at night and look myself in the mirror and be happy because my efforts and intentions were honorable, I couldn't think of any other reason for living than not to hurt another living creature, as we only take what we have done when we die.

Where would you be without such a belief? If it was you or someone you cared about in need, if it wasn't for such a practice? There is no need for evil, only good and that which is evil only makes the good reach its full potential.

The greatest lesson that I have learned is that knowledge is a choice, people believe what they want to believe according to how honest they are within themselves, this is the only way to the truth.

I think you are just very ungrateful and the biggest coward.

Magri and maliklucius, I could swear work for an organisation to control people for capitalism, they are running scared.

Some other people just don't have kindness/honesty/respect in them.

I think I am wonderful, but just a small part of the infinite glory of my Creator, who wouldn't if they were sincere?

Last edited by MagickNinja; 02-01-2016 at 05:12 AM.
MagickNinja is offline   Reply With Quote