Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick in Popular Culture A place to discuss magick on TV, in movies, hidden in corporate logos, emblazoned on t-shirts, and anywhere else magick slips into the mainstream psyche.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:12 PM   #1
Omera

Default A question though, are 99% of occultists autistic or retarded?

So when I hear about things like contacting ones higher self, being well-versed in years of study, etc etc but I see a black man raised in the hood off of street knowledge has more insight than you, better at managing money, and less involved in people-bullshit, I see a severe flaw in the concept of religion and spirituality itself in that people who are entirely non-religious are actually oftentimes wiser and more realistic than these people who consider themselves illuminated. Its almost as if the quest for enlightenment in itself rigs you up for failure by setting the delusion that you have -some- enlightenment, so in reality you're cut off at half the productivity of non-religious people because in your own little world you've boxed off into definitions and linquistic concepts of what reality is, all the while trying to proclaim that language and conception is something you've escaped from.

Life is about getting money I don't know why more people don't realize this.

An open mind is a fortress with its gates unguarded and open.

Doubt is the doorway from which the truth may pass through.

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Omera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #2
Magari

Personally I find this irony amusing as well.

Most people use their spirituality as an escape.

The reality is real wisdom and spiritual maturity is very rare and takes a lot of hard work that most aren't willing to commit to.

Its not something thats common only among occultists but the world in general.

A lot of "hard core" occultists are insulted by my opinions, especially regarding wealth. They resort to describing me as arrogant and materialistic, unwilling to consider that I sacrificed 4 years of my life living in conditions they could never imagine in order to create the understanding and opportunity necessary for wealth.

Most people see themselves as victims in a world they barely understand. Occultists are no different, but I would argue they generally have more tools available to them to change their situation. However, when you believe yourself to be a victim of society in general, why bother?

If you believe you're never going to be a rockstar, it doesn't matter if you have the greatest guitar ever made.

Again, this isn't a problem specifically for occultists. Its humanity in general.

Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #3
Omera

Pound for pound being a normie seems to have a higher rate of success than any sort of religious identity.

Like sometimes I wonder if I didn't start practicing magick if I'd just have more physical skills to get what I need, instead of doing magick to open doors and alter the current.

But than I see that I have my own place, an astounding degree of physical endurance and a strong intellect and think its not so bad.

I still need to GET MOENY and I'm going to work for that soon. I dropped out of a community college because I went for 2 years, everybodies too busy to be your friend, its high school all over again and at the slow-ass rate I was going with credit completion I was still going to be there for FIVE FUCKING YEARS before I even got an AS degree. And thats just not okay.

No amount of parenting was able to convince me it was 'right' to continue subjecting myself when I can quit, live at home for a while and do nothing, than start working for $$$$$$ and buy the good kush.

If I had friends growing up I'd probably be a heroine addict and got someone pregnant by now. Just looking at all these fuckers I used to know...

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:59 AM   #4
Magari

lmao 5 years for an AS?

That makes 0 sense.

Find a different school or reorder your priorities.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:05 AM   #5
Omera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magari View Post
lmao 5 years for an AS?

That makes 0 sense.

Find a different school or reorder your priorities.
Because the CC doesn't force you into any rigid schedule so I had mine set to 3 classes a semester.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:21 AM   #6
Magari

So your inability to graduate in a timely manner is your own fault.

Got it.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:29 AM   #7
Omera

I don't think any education is going to make me happy.

I was probably gonna go to jail beating someone on campus just because I'm hungry and tired.

When I get to work I'll be making a LOT MORE money and instead of having a shitty $190 to myself after paying rent I can have 6-700 extra and be pretty dope. I can smoke the good kush and still be able to afford other luxuries.

Its not that I couldn't its that I didn't want to. I REFUSED to. Graduating BCC and getting an AS guarantees nothing. Not even an above average pay.

If I was stupid maybe I would need college to get somewhere. Now I just have to use my head to advance in the workplace. Stupid people NEED college. People that can think for themselves don't. Half those kids were playing Yu-Gi-Oh in the rec room for Christ's Sake...

Old 11-29-2015, 05:38 AM   #8
Magari

Your ability to make money is limited on your education.

Unless of course you go the route of organized crime and or are one of those prodigy innovators/business types.

If you're working for someone else though you'll barely make it past middle management without some kind of "credibility".

There is some skilled labor that make impressive amounts, but the deal there is you're going to end up paying some pretty big medical bills later in life and have nothing left over because you've been spending it on all that "good kush".

You're a child and obviously a very impatient one. Of course school isn't for you, a higher education takes discipline and an open mind.

CC isn't exactly an amazing institution either. Its a common education for common people. You couldn't even hack that.

I'm not surprised, or impressed. I doubt you'll be seeing any real money soon. If you do you'll be sweating bullets to get it.

Have fun.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #9
Omera

On social security I get $720 a month which is less than minimum wage. I'm far below the poverty line when it comes to being broke. I've still been pretty happy about my situation compared to others who work.

When you work for good money, you can afford the special rich man's TP for your bunghole; you can be constantly stocked on house supplies you don't need if you know how to sweep a floor. You can buy the classy rich man's soap and the super-duper luxurious shampoo that you also don't need- but you're still shitting the same shit, breathing the same air, etc as anybody else is.

Fuck you and have fun.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:25 PM   #10
Magari

nailed it