Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick rituals, guides, and lessons A place to post rituals, guides, lessons, and FAQs, by me and anyone else who wants to contribute and start their own threads. Experts in any area of magick are welcome.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:20 AM   #1
Great Gazeofra

Default A note on New-Age Satanists, Chaos magicians, etc.

Anton Wilson, Peter Caroll, Anton LaVey, and numerous other post-20th Century "New Age" Occultists, are prime examples of the intentional misinterpretations and misunderstandings induced by the Real magick workers : the Magi of the Golden Dawn Era of Occultism. The New Age Self-Centered practioners say to themselves "Do what Thou Wilt", and "Nothing is - only it seems to me", yet they completely ignore the un-deniable reality that our conscious minds, driven by desire, are directly opposed to one's most True Will which is the force of the universe and Cannot be realized or used by an un-disciplined dogma rejecting fool who is under even the most powerful of Trances.

Last edited by Great Gazeofra; 04-16-2015 at 05:26 AM.
Great Gazeofra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #2
Great Gazeofra

Default Do not reject dogma, but do not accept a single Dogma - Rather, explore all dogmatic

Do not reject dogma, but do not accept a single Dogma - Rather, explore all dogmatic traditions and formulate your own Dogma accordingly.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
Bataivah

For me, as long as my intentions are in the right place, I have no need for dogma. If someone walks the left hand path then dogma won't agree with them or that path. Understanding the law of karma is enough for me.
Bataivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:01 AM   #4
Great Gazeofra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bataivah View Post
For me, as long as my intentions are in the right place, I have no need for dogma. If someone walks the left hand path then dogma won't agree with them or that path. Understanding the law of karma is enough for me.
You've stated your own personal Dogma right there, which is based off other dogmatic principles you have acquired over the years.

The principle of a Left hand path and a Right hand path is a Dogmatic principle, for example.

People who reject Dogma contradict their existence. Somewhere along the line, Truth and Deception are absolutely necessary for existence. And Truth means Dogma.

But it is good that you have created your OWN Dogma, now try to expand it.

Last edited by Great Gazeofra; 04-17-2015 at 03:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #5
Bataivah

It seems the word means something different to you than it does to me. That being said, I'm done on this thread.
Bataivah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:20 PM   #6
Great Gazeofra

Quote:
It seems the word means something different to you than it does to me. That being said, I'm done on this thread.
To me, Dogma is it's definition from the Dictionary.

Last edited by Great Gazeofra; 04-18-2015 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:05 AM   #7
Great Gazeofra

If you think you can Read how to Do Magick, and just skip a Disciplined personal dogma based on research of other dogmas, you'll never get anywhere in magick.

Last edited by Great Gazeofra; 04-22-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:36 AM   #8
radicalrave

tbh, but don't an individual's paradigm basically affect how they perceive objective reality?

You know, world views and progressions of thought, with stuff like secularism and post-secularism and stuff like that? I kind of feel like we've kind of about reached that age already where people are kind of coming to and about and waking up to a lot of the crazy stuff out there in current post meta modern out there right now.
radicalrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:42 AM   #9
BahiraNejm

... oh, look here. Someone's done bequeathed 'pon us The Truth™.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buckle up, buttercup. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

BahiraNejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:02 AM   #10
MalikLucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahiraNejm View Post
... oh, look here. Someone's done bequeathed 'pon us The Truth.
Ha! Bahira, I appreciate your levity.
But really, Gazeofra, while I agree with you on the nature of True Will and the incredible misinterpretation of the phrase "Do What Thou Wilt", I would no more call the Magi of the Golden Dawn the "Real Magick Users" than I would call the Architects who pioneered the Gothic Movement of the 12th Century the "Real Designers of Buildings".

While they are incredibly respectable in their field of expertise, and their methods have indeed coloured most works on the subject since, Magick did not begin with the Golden Dawn any more than buildings did not exist before the late Medieval period.

That said, we are absolutely of an accord on dogma, but perhaps the widespread misuse of the word in occult communities has left a bad flavour on Bataivah's palette. Nonetheless, in the practice of Magick it is absolutely essential to Know Thyself, and how shall we come to know ourselves but by knowing others? Certainty of belief cannot be uninformed.
MalikLucius is offline   Reply With Quote