Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Witchcraft & Sorcery This is the place to discuss techniques and spells typical to witchcraft and sorcery, including Wicca, Hoodoo, Voodoo, Santerķa, and any form of Shamanism. The discussion of sorcerer-witches like A.O. Spare and Andrew Chumbley is also germane.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
Anubis

Default Tools of Sorcery

Anybody else keen on making and using handcrafted tools like wands and such? I just made a wand I really poured my heart and soul into. I burned wood from the woods I sanctify, melted beeswax onto the cottonwood and maple firewood. The wand is made of red oak wood, which I whittled to a straight beam with a Cambodian rebar knife I acquired by trade overseas from a Khmer solder. I blackened one end stirring it in the fire and let it soak in the smoke and ash from the fire. I then cut a pentagram into the uncooked end and doused it in red wax. It's thick and fits quite comfortably in my hand. I plan on adding more attributes to it as I get ideas.

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #2
Anubis

Sorry for the huge pictures, I resized them on photobucket before I linked them. Blame Photobucket.

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
amjollner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Sorry for the huge pictures, I resized them on photobucket before I linked them. Blame Photobucket.
Pretty cool, thanks for sharing.
amjollner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #4
Phoso

I think when it comes to channeling energy into the physical realm, a wand/rod/staff is a crucial tool, thought that being said our bodies, can ultimately be the transmitter between spirit and material realm.

A wand adds another layer, and certainly can be used to magnify the energy pathway.

Phoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #5
Phoso

More on the way, at thoughtamplify.com

Last edited by Phoso; 09-17-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Phoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:33 PM   #6
Vagantem

When it comes to wands, I am a big fan!
I find them to be some of the most useful tools. I finally made my own, following this book:

Wandlore: A Guide for the Apprentice Wandmaker: Amazon.co.uk: K. P. Theodore: 9780993328404: Books Wandlore: A Guide for the Apprentice Wandmaker: Amazon.co.uk: K. P. Theodore: 9780993328404: Books

I will take a picture of the one I made and the experiments before the final wand and post them here if you would like to see

It is pity and a great shame that futile imagination is accepted as real magick, and that real magick is disregarded and dismissed as imagination.
http://vagantem-solus.blogspot.co.uk/
Vagantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:14 PM   #7
Omera

Did you stick it in your ass?

An open mind is a fortress with its gates unguarded and open.

Doubt is the doorway from which the truth may pass through.

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Omera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:24 AM   #8
MagickNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagantem View Post
When it comes to wands, I am a big fan!
I find them to be some of the most useful tools. I finally made my own, following this book:

Wandlore: A Guide for the Apprentice Wandmaker: Amazon.co.uk: K. P. Theodore: 9780993328404: Books

I will take a picture of the one I made and the experiments before the final wand and post them here if you would like to see
Can you give us some exact examples of the difference between going to effort to get/make a wand and not doing so ie. just using a finger?

( Wait - I hope that sounds right?! )

Last edited by MagickNinja; 02-19-2016 at 11:44 AM.
MagickNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:23 AM   #9
blood_master

sorry i just couldn't help it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ive-got-an-extra-special-wand-for-you_o_87522.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	50  
blood_master is offline   Reply With Quote