Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Witchcraft & Sorcery This is the place to discuss techniques and spells typical to witchcraft and sorcery, including Wicca, Hoodoo, Voodoo, Santería, and any form of Shamanism. The discussion of sorcerer-witches like A.O. Spare and Andrew Chumbley is also germane.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
myst moonlight

Talking Poppets

hi everyone I'd like to hear of your experiances with poppet magick.
my personal opinion is that they should be used as tools for healing but I do want to know what youve used them for

By night he’s the wild wind’s rider,
The Horn’d One, the Lord of the shades,
By day he’s the King of the Woodlands,
The dweller in green forest glades.

She is youthful or old as she pleases,
She sails the torn clouds in her barque,
The bright silver lady of midnight,
The crone who weaves spells in the dark.
myst moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #2
Barrackubus

I've got one setting here next to me, I can't talk about what for because the intent hasn't been realized and we can certianly understand as to why that is...

It should never be forgotten for a single moment that the central and essential work of the Magician is the attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. Once he has achieved this he must of course be left entirely in the hands of that Angel, who can be invariably and inevitably relied upon to lead him to the further great step—crossing of the Abyss and the attainment of the grade of Master of the Temple.

Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole law..
Barrackubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
wartyg96

* Is ignorant as too what the fuck poppets are *

:confu sed1:

Glorius art thou, Thine lady behind the Veil of Purity, Queen of the silvered waters, Shining in the heavens as the Celestial Serpent!
Great, is the Goddesses Kebetchet

Hail to thy name, Thy Jackal of the mountain, Seasoned traveller of the Heavens, Prince of the gates and keeper of mine heart, Hail to thou, lord of the true twilight!
Great is the Name, Anpu

Infinite is thine light, She whom cries in the wrath of spirit, Divine justice, lady of the ever burning flame eternal, Beautiful is she of the red deserts, Eternal is her Greatness, Hail to thou, Lady of Justice
Eternally, thou art Sekhmet!

Oh Thou neteru, Mine masters behold that ectasy be induced at the thought of thy names within the heart of thine disciple!
wartyg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
Barrackubus

A poppet is another name for what voodoo practitioners call the doll. Wiccans I believe term it as a poppet, maybe others do as well I am not sure. They can be constructed out of whatever and however you 'intend' to. It is important to keep this intent in mind as you fashion or construct this doll. It is helpful to have something of a link you can associate with the doll, maybe a lock of hair or something belonging to the target. But you can also do the same with association while you construct the doll.
The idea is to fixate your association with the person into the doll or by.intent the doll hecomes this person.

It should never be forgotten for a single moment that the central and essential work of the Magician is the attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. Once he has achieved this he must of course be left entirely in the hands of that Angel, who can be invariably and inevitably relied upon to lead him to the further great step—crossing of the Abyss and the attainment of the grade of Master of the Temple.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:19 AM   #5
Barrackubus

A poppet is another name for what voodoo practitioners call the doll. Wiccans I believe term it as a poppet, maybe others do as well I am not sure. They can be constructed out of whatever and however you 'intend' to. It is important to keep this intent in mind as you fashion or construct this doll. It is helpful to have something of a link you can associate with the doll, maybe a lock of hair or something belonging to the target. But you can also do the same with association while you construct the doll.
The idea is to fixate your association with the person into the doll or by.intent the doll hecomes this person.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
myst moonlight

Quote:
exactly I was taught to use them for healing. If their made from cloth you can put herbs, stones, etc inside that corrispond with your purpose

By night he’s the wild wind’s rider,
The Horn’d One, the Lord of the shades,
By day he’s the King of the Woodlands,
The dweller in green forest glades.

She is youthful or old as she pleases,
She sails the torn clouds in her barque,
The bright silver lady of midnight,
The crone who weaves spells in the dark.
myst moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
wartyg96

Ah okay, I get ya. Images and association etc.

Glorius art thou, Thine lady behind the Veil of Purity, Queen of the silvered waters, Shining in the heavens as the Celestial Serpent!
Great, is the Goddesses Kebetchet

Hail to thy name, Thy Jackal of the mountain, Seasoned traveller of the Heavens, Prince of the gates and keeper of mine heart, Hail to thou, lord of the true twilight!
Great is the Name, Anpu

Infinite is thine light, She whom cries in the wrath of spirit, Divine justice, lady of the ever burning flame eternal, Beautiful is she of the red deserts, Eternal is her Greatness, Hail to thou, Lady of Justice
Eternally, thou art Sekhmet!

Oh Thou neteru, Mine masters behold that ectasy be induced at the thought of thy names within the heart of thine disciple!
wartyg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
flamenco

They have lot's uses, one of them is to act as a decoy, even some xaos mages use them.

Make it aa link of youself, give it birth, kind of like a copy of yourself and program it to act as a decoy.
flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:07 AM   #9
Anubis

I made a poppet... doesn't look like me at all, but it still looks really cool. I just have him "watch mah shit" as I say before leaving to my fang-wielding, dragon-riding, pyrite and sodium carbide-havin-ass, wire man, named R4. He is an observer to maintain the quantum existence of my room, and therefore preventing quantum superposition. This is to observe any strange effects.

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #10
hecate 8

Remember to breathe life into your poppet with an activation ritual. I'm not gonna say what I have used them for, some are still active.
hecate 8 is offline   Reply With Quote