Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick in Popular Culture A place to discuss magick on TV, in movies, hidden in corporate logos, emblazoned on t-shirts, and anywhere else magick slips into the mainstream psyche.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #1
Omera

Default Spheres/pools instead of deities/spirits, and why entities are cringeworthy products

In the occult we have many labels to divide and study our systems. I've come to find most layers of symbolism redundant in the wake of results. I've pondered the concept of various fictions and religions such as Zoastrian duality, planetary/elemental occultism, etc and wondered if a practitioner of a hoodoo current would be best using a more animistic approach which involves using traditional occult methods to discover the main channels of ones resonance/power. Instead of a fixed magickal 'tree' the magician goes the Alphabet of Desire route and fixes his occult definitions on emotional sorceries that pertain directly to him, his fetishes, fascinations, plans etc.

Now aside from the erroneous persuit of having an army of servitors, in what manners would we (the magicians on here who would devise such a system) bind our pools of power to symbols and simple images?

Having experiences with snakes lately has caused me to chase after serpentine mysteries. I started looking at Damballah- but realizing that Loa require a ritual initiation I've considered oldschool Chaos magick's approach to sorcery, namely in the vein of Austin Osman Spare. While Damballah is certainly a force, I wondered if the concept and symbols of Damballah could be utilized in a different light. I've taken a liking to the pure-white that symbolizes the cosmic snake principal in voodoo, but want to utilize it in my own work under a different name.

I've had conceptions of the serpentine force before. To me, cthulhu falls under this same vein. However the true serpentine archetype goes beyond cthulhu as a totally neutral-white entity which circumscribes all good and evil, life, death, growth, nature etc. Its almost become a meditation for me to see life in this way; I realized that the stars look white from a distance, and the clouds, the catalyst to transporting water across the earth which is necessary for life to exist, are also white.

As fascinating as Loa and gods and demons and all that shit is, I'm starting to find the OCD world of god-names and deific pantheons to be cringeworthy and distracting from the real goal of occultism which is results. To me a pathwork on the White Serpent would be a clean slate, an attempt at cutting some ties of my psyche for a fresh perspective. Call this 'color magick' if you will.

An open mind is a fortress with its gates unguarded and open.

Doubt is the doorway from which the truth may pass through.

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Omera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
Magari

They are all unique representations of the one thing.

You're on the right track.

Seek the source.

Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:00 AM   #3
Omera

You refer to the alchemical one thing correct? The only hermetic alchemy text I have is the Corpus Hermeticum in "Way of Hermes" and The Emerald Tablet by Dennis William Hauck.

The Emerald Tablet text was read thoroughly at a point in my life where things really started to catalyze. To me that was Day Zero. If I had an idea as to which step I'm in now, I'd say Distillation. But I don't know as I'm not an alchemist.

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:39 AM   #4
Magari

Those two books are great.

I also highly recommend The Kybalion and the principles.

http://www.modomagi.com/alchemy-and-...-the-kybalion/

The stages of Alchemy are cyclical as they represent the change everything in the universe undergoes as it fully matures. You can see this at all scales, over the course of your life, the year, the week, and a single moment.

You keep leaning on particular paradigms to point to what you're experiencing when you're beginning to realize that all paradigms are representations of the one thing.

This isn't unique to Alchemy, but simply that which we all observe from our unique perspectives.

You used the word Archetype, but I don't think you fully understand what that means. Carl Jung philosophized that what religion and spirituality labeled as gods, angels, spirits, and demons, were merely symbols we chose to access and work with particular patterns in the chaos of the mystical experience.

Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:19 AM   #5
Omera

Do you feel that jung would be a good study?