Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Aleister Crowley, Thelema, Crowleyanity, Abrahadabra Discuss anything about the single greatest force in promulgating magick of all time, The Great Beast (Master Therion), a.k.a. V.V.V.V.V (Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici -- "While still living, I have conquered the universe by dint of truth.") and Perdurabo ("I Will endure unto the end.")

Old 11-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
ceewayne

Default The Wife brought up an interesting question this morning

Hello All

My wife is very supportive of my religious beliefs. When I go do ritual, she makes a point not to interrupt me and gave me a man cave for this.

The question she asked was "If you were married to someone of your religious beliefs, would you do rituals together?" My first answer was "Some rituals" and my second was "I will have to think about it"

Now I work with Beings, Spirits, Angels and Demons and Something Else. That is what I am working on. Now I figure someone else would have different Beings that they would work with.

I would imagine that a pair of Thelemites might worship the Gods/Godforms together but would also do individual stuff. I know it boils down to the couple in question. I could see give and take about rituals being done.

Does anyone have any thoughts? The question kinda caught me by surprise.

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
ceewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceewayne View Post
Hello All

My wife is very supportive of my religious beliefs. When I go do ritual, she makes a point not to interrupt me and gave me a man cave for this.
Likewise, mine even offers to go out to the store or something if I'm distracted since we live in an apartment in the city.

Quote:
The question she asked was "If you were married to someone of your religious beliefs, would you do rituals together?" My first answer was "Some rituals" and my second was "I will have to think about it"
I do some rituals with her, but never as equals. You can't have two people leading an evocation for example. Each person has to have their own function and She is typically skrying. I am much better at evocation and she is much more clairvoyant as it goes.

Otherwise, there are times when I'll have her chant the angel names with me during LBRP to further cleanse the room, or other things that are at times similar.

Anyhow as has been noted, a Scarlet Woman can really be one hell of a motivational boost for your magick and is perhaps--HGA aside, and the rapid-enlightenment Gods I work with aside--my secret to leaping up the path when I do. Most of my rituals are solitary however, but I try that much harder for her I suppose unconsciously and the love I feel provides another kind of inspiration for magick too which is hard to describe as a fuel of sorts knowing what I'm doing is judged by her. I think just like Crowley performing ritual in the Great Pyramid in Egypt for his Scarlet Woman, one just has something brought out of them...

Quote:
Now I work with Beings, Spirits, Angels and Demons and Something Else. That is what I am working on. Now I figure someone else would have different Beings that they would work with.
Consider you won't likely be on the same level of initiation for starters. You can probably see how that shifts the dynamic of any ritual you might share.

Also my wife works with some Gods who she resonates with, and whatever entities are called for, and she prefers different mediums for using magick than myself typically. I would assume I could sum it up even further by saying she leans slightly more towards the angelic side than myself, if that helps, but is centered. My point in saying so is that who you are effects what you do and how you do it to an extent. Merely because we're very close doesn't mean we practice the same.

I might like grimoires and you might like tarot spells and psionics or etc.

Quote:
I would imagine that a pair of Thelemites might worship the Gods/Godforms together but would also do individual stuff. I know it boils down to the couple in question. I could see give and take about rituals being done.
Yep, yep. That's pretty much it for her and I; same and different. We even celebrate the Thelemic Holidays on her insistence. She is more into Thelema as a religion than a philosophy when compared to myself. Me, I slant towards Luciferianism. Consider also now how loosely held together Thelema is between individual beliefs and possible methods of practice.

Quote:
Does anyone have any thoughts? The question kinda caught me by surprise.
Ultimately both being Thelemites at our core does gives us a common ground to view the universe through, which makes relation of ideas and experiences easier, but in the end it doesn't make us do the same rituals together unless I have a reason to do so. Typically we give each other space to do them separately unless otherwise one of us remains quiet as possible in another room. Maybe that helped?

Edit: Sometimes we do exercises and workings for fun and practice too in retrospect.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 11-30-2010 at 09:15 PM.
nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:20 AM   #3
amjollner

Default question??

Does your age effect the relationship and practice? I do not know what age you guys are, but if someone is 40 and the other is 28, wouldn't it be possible that you would think differently about common topics? My wife is a christian, methodist. I was also but things just never felt right with their dogma. She thinks I am crazy for my research, not very supportive in my journey. Solitary practice for me.. But it is nice to hear that you guys have a support system, really cool. Thank you for sharing your exp.
amjollner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:06 AM   #4
ceewayne

There is a 12 year difference between me and my wife. She is an Esoteric Christian. For her, being a Christian is that she tries to emulate Jesus. I don't tell her how to pray, she doesn't tell me. She has sensed some of the Spirits that I work with.

Very unusual and beautiful, my wife.

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:09 AM   #5
amjollner

Default close call..

I am putting this on this thread because I was thinking about ceewayne and nytek's comments. I was wondering what a Luciferianism really was? Not what I thought it was but what nytek would define it as. I was in the car about 10:30 dark rainy on the interstate. I then heard the word ZAGAN in my head, in front of me was a black void. I was traveling about 70mph and i had just passed an 18 wheeler, i was in the fast lane. I again heard a shout like "HEY!" I focused more on the void and I noticed sparkels on each side of the void. I realized that a car had spun out in the road. remembering that truck behind me, I swerved into his lane to miss the car, and I heard again ZAGAN say"don't worry the truck is far enough you can make it" Now the really odd thing is this is the second time in a week something like this has happened to me... I just thought I would share. Thanks guys if I was not thinking about this site and Zagan, who knows what would have happen. thank you again guys. and thank you lord Zagan who brought me here (to this site)to begin with.

Last edited by amjollner; 12-01-2010 at 06:28 AM.
amjollner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:55 AM   #6
ceewayne

Quote:
and thank you lord Zagan who brought me here to begin with.
You might find this useful...
Reward the Spirits Today: A Simple Method of Manifold Virtue - The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums

Chris

Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #7
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjollner View Post
Does your age effect the relationship and practice?
Well, on a non-personal level using age as a generalized socio-cultural marker it may, but on the individual level I find it hard to grasp exactly what you're asking just yet.

Quote:
I do not know what age you guys are, but if someone is 40 and the other iis 28, wouldn't it be possible that you would think differently about common topics?
Sure, but then again, maybe not. There is barely even a year difference between my wife and I. I'm 26--She's 25. We certainly still think differently. She can't be around if I make a living sacrifice for one example even with morals aside. Our approaches are fundamentally different but we ground each other and balance out to make one magickian if need be. I would say the differences are not bad in a case like that. And I'm not shy to ask her of things she studies when need be.

Looking back, 80% of my relationships were with girls that had knowledge of their own esoteric gifts, or through me became aware of them and bonded deeply. I suppose being an authority in someone's life can mean a lot for bonding. I understand myself, and thus can grok others world-maps, and that realization allows for a certain amount of emotional connection and trust development in and of itself to naturally begin to occur in time.

Recognizing that, then in a way, a person's deeper mind will say to them, "It seems that s/he can truly understand me, so this means we must be similar people." Thus, ritual together or not, your magick is likely going to benefit from a supporter you care about the opinion of who you feel is so close to you. Looking back, in that way like Cagliostro, my relationships have been like graduated alchemical processes in my life that I learned through in part thanks to the corresponding various levels of initiation thanks to magick.

It's all about keeping rapport, and sharing values is one way. Besides that I just couldn't stay with someone who didn't respect my obsession. You know? And obsession is one of the keys to greatness (and downfall, realistically.)

Quote:
My wife is a christian, methodist. I was also but things just never felt right with their dogma. She thinks I am crazy for my research, not very supportive in my journey. Solitary practice for me.. But it is nice to hear that you guys have a support system, really cool. Thank you for sharing your exp.
Yup. In my case, her and I had esoteric pasts I was surprised to find. I am a natural that had finally tried many things and at last found Crowley. Her; She'd been disillusioned by some Rebirther group in Europe before she came to America on vacation. We'd both met around the time I started formal training and going through a lot and being able to share with her and have her understand builds rapport understandably.

In an infantile kind of a way, each time the Heavens move on my behalf and she is impressed, it validates me on many levels I find encouraging to go higher and farther and deeper. Just one of the many benefits of Ego as long as it's possible to keep a grip on it.... I really think people ought to find someone supportive though.

Amongst other things, even though we don't do rituals together, that is hardly the only way she or any other suitable Scarlet Woman type for that matter can theoretically make a difference to my magick.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 12-01-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:57 AM   #8
ceewayne

Quote:
Amongst other things, even though we don't do rituals together, that is hardly the only way she or any other suitable Scarlet Woman type for that matter can theoretically make a difference to my magick.
I have to say the biggest thing my wife does is gives me room. In fact she suggests now that I do rituals earlier so I can go to better at an earlier time. She also asks questions and does not get upset if I tell her that I cannot answer them.

Chris

Old 12-03-2010, 07:34 AM   #9
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceewayne View Post
I have to say the biggest thing my wife does is gives me room. In fact she suggests now that I do rituals earlier so I can go to better at an earlier time. She also asks questions and does not get upset if I tell her that I cannot answer them.
The manifold support I receive rather than chastisement over this straight up obsession has always been something I've loved. I suppose if she were of some other religion or not open to the idea of the occult like others have then it wouldn't be that way. And yes, it's great to have your space when you need it. Sometimes every little miniscule noise made in the house is enough to drag me from any trance no matter how deep it seems. It can be difficult at times to converse with an angel or to raise a legion of demons while you know someone is moving around elsewhere yet trying to be quiet so as to not interrupt you.

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 12-03-2010 at 07:39 AM.