Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 11-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #11
amjollner

Default Azoetia

I was reading and jack flash and iza mentioned this book. Nytek do you have a copy in pdf?
amjollner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
ADEPTUS

Hi, first post.
I think you have to include Kraig's modern magick as it has such an edge on putting complex ideas on high magick into laymans terms.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
ADEPTUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #13
wartyg

Definately, I havn't read all the way through it yet but its an excellent book. Here it is http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...4PwAt6n2J3t6LA
wartyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #14
ADEPTUS

Default Outstanding

Thanks for the link, I have been searching for this pdf for an absolute age!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #15
ADEPTUS

Hmm...ok so MM by Kraig was in the list to begin with, my bad

Old 12-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #16
wartyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjollner View Post
I was reading and jack flash and iza mentioned this book. Nytek do you have a copy in pdf?

I believe I do.
wartyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #17
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjollner View Post
"Voila."

http://www.4shared.com/document/5JxI...-_Azoetia.html

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #18
NeoNative

Exclamation

I don't believe most beginners will find a lot of value in AC or Grant's work.

I would suggest they look into some of these titles instead and save AC and Grant for once they have a little more experience/understanding.

SSOTBME by Ramsey Dukes
If it was easy everyone would be doing it by Francis Breakspear
Abrahadabra by Rodney Orpheus
Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine

I believe most students will find those four books invaluable and very down to Earth as far Occultism goes.

LVX
NeoNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #19
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNative View Post
I don't believe most beginners will find a lot of value in AC or Grant's work.

I would suggest they look into some of these titles instead and save AC and Grant for once they have a little more experience/understanding.

SSOTBME by Ramsey Dukes
If it was easy everyone would be doing it by Francis Breakspear
Abrahadabra by Rodney Orpheus
Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine

I believe most students will find those four books invaluable and very down to Earth as far Occultism goes.

LVX
I realize your posts are attracting an undo amount of my attention, but nevertheless, isn't that a bit backwards? You're suggesting anything having to do with the meta-paradigm Chaos Magic"K" before encountering such staples as Crowley's Book IV, Magick Without Tears, et al? Why? Though I can't complain about Orpheus and DuQuette's introduction type books into the often muddled subjects, either.

nytek

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #20
NeoNative

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytek View Post
I realize your posts are attracting an undo amount of my attention, but nevertheless, isn't that a bit backwards? You're suggesting anything having to do with the meta-paradigm Chaos Magic"K" before encountering such staples as Crowley's Book IV, Magick Without Tears, et al? Why? Though I can't complain about Orpheus and DuQuette's introduction type books into the often muddled subjects, either.

nytek

They'll encounter the greats along the way.

I'm giving them a push towards the shallow end of the pool versus throwing them to much less accessible works of Crowley.

I love Crowley's work and am proud to have several titles of his on my shelf... but for Magick in general, the aforementioned authors are a good start or INTRODUCTION to magick. I'm not telling aspirants to avoid Uncle Al's work, I'm just suggesting what I think they'll get the most out of in the dawn of their magickal career.

The magicians I've mentioned all built their work or were at least very influenced by the likes of Liber ABA and it's in most all of their suggested reading lists, they'll encourage the reader to seek it out. I believe the student will have a better understanding of Magick and the source material as a whole.

Crowley's work is invaluable, but it's not the best thing to use to introduce someone new to the Occult w/. The other authors are down to Earth, modern occultists, that can speak to the reader in a way they already understand.

And after they've been on the path for a while Crowley begins to make more sense.

LVX
NeoNative is offline   Reply With Quote