Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 10-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
Equinox

Smile I'll start with 'hello'

So I have more or less stumbled across this forum, after developing a curiosity with the Occult and Paranormal. Though I will say at this point I know absolutely nothing about either of them. I'm a cynical person by nature and have always been skeptical about anything that can't be seen, felt or proved by science etc, although I realise this is a silly approach on the face of things.

So I have been browsing a paranormal image board from time to time and developed a curiosity, I would like to believe that there is more out there. Out of boredom and being a romantic at heart. Although logic tells me that there is nothing under the bed I have had feelings for most of my life that there is something just out of sight, something I can't quite perceive or don't want to..

I'm not a squeamish person and the dark doesn't bother me, I used to take a shortcut home from friends houses though some fairly dense woods without ever feeling frightened or threatened. So I can't explain why sometimes the dark in my own home gives me the creeps so badly sometimes. It feels strange to me to write this down but I feel like there is something around sometimes I can't see, though quite often I do feel like I catch sometime out of the corner of my eye. But of course there is never anything there. I put it down to an overactive imagination, as I have no other basis to relate these experiences to.

I recall some very very vivid dreams I had as a child that always followed the same patterns, I would hear people down stairs and always a voice calling my name. So I would go down stairs and into the living room where there would be people that I never recognised, as soon as they notice me I would wake up, standing in the middle of my living room with nobody there but me in the dark. So I'd shit myself and run back to bed. This happened on more than 1 occasion, repeatedly but not regularly if you get my meaning.

Now curiously I've been able to induce Lucid Dreaming, though it's something I also know nothing about. This brought back a lot of the memories of my childhood dreams and it all happened around the time I've started sleeping with a light on again, I don't want to say I'm scared of the dark but I just have this feeling there's something there again. Could these 3 thing be connected?

So, there you have it. That's whats brought a cynic like me your realm, for now I am happy to suspend my dis-belief and I humbly ask for any advice and/or guidance towards information that could help me understand the feelings I've been haunted by. And a nice community of people to converse with so I don't make any stupid mistakes would be very nice indeed.

Sorry for the essay, I had more to say than I originally intended it seems.
Equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
nytek

How funny -- so I'm sitting here wondering why your avatar stood out at me -- as I'm looking I realize suddenly that the person in your avatar looks just like someone I'd befriended and spoken in depth with in a semi-lucid wandering dream last night. Well, really, whoever that is minus the clown make up and all actually, I'd swear it's them almost exactly.

Welcome, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
So I have more or less stumbled across this forum, after developing a curiosity with the Occult and Paranormal. Though I will say at this point I know absolutely nothing about either of them.
Well, to put it simply ... the occult basically means, "the hidden", and so it pertains to the hidden aspects of reality we encounter on the path and the likes under that umbrella of what is normally unseen or unencountered.

Dictionary.com had this to say about "para" (of course you already know what the word "normal" means:
Quote:
para-  
a prefix appearing in loanwords from Greek, most often attached to verbs and verbal derivatives, with the meanings “at or to one side of, beside, side by side” ( parabola; paragraph; parallel; paralysis ), “beyond, past, by” ( paradox; paragogue ); by extension from these senses, this prefix came to designate objects or activities auxiliary to or derivative of that denoted by the base word ( parody; paronomasia ), and hence abnormal or defective ( paranoia ), a sense now common in modern scientific coinages ( parageusia; paralexia ).
So generally we can see that the term paranormal as a crutch is okay, but unlike occult which implies nothing, "paranormal", at least to me, moreso implies a divide which cannot be breeched subjectively even. There is nothing super-natural in the world for example -- only things that are natural. Well, that's just food for thought. . .

Language creates reality after all, and what you say reflects how you feel and what you believe. This is a basic tenet of NLP as a therapeutic model and so on in that vein even in other regards.

Quote:
I'm a cynical person by nature and have always been skeptical about anything that can't be seen, felt or proved by science etc, although I realise this is a silly approach on the face of things.
Really? The occult could be PERFECT for someone like you! Firstly take the words of the A∴A∴: "We make no reliance on virgin or pigeon/Our method is Science, Our aim is Religion".

I mean, religion is dogmatic and non-thinking for the most part. Right? You believe and like cattle you are herded into some afterlife ... it's always about an afterlife and almost always the magian worthlessness of the body and the ego for something considered higher and more valuable (since one isolated part is clearly sooo much better or just more important than the whole ) ... but work in the occult? No. It's not dogmatic though you may find some who espouse dogma. This field questions, this tests, this records and reviews and compares. It leaves no stone unturned in your quest to know yourself. It's said that the religious worship God, while the Magickians get to know God. Think about that as an unfolding possibility if you can. Magick is for this life and not some palace of clouds in the sky with 72 virgins in it.

Quote:
So I have been browsing a paranormal image board from time to time and developed a curiosity,
What's a "paranormal image board"?

Quote:
I would like to believe that there is more out there.
I'd say it's more like, "in here." *whistling*

Quote:
Out of boredom and being a romantic at heart. Although logic tells me that there is nothing under the bed I have had feelings for most of my life that there is something just out of sight, something I can't quite perceive or don't want to..
You are perched on the median of a great height and depth that surrounds you. Detach from the passive attachment to physical senses, become aware of the inner light of the inner-sun, so to speak, and like Ra-Horakty learn to soar and explore all that you are within -- a complete universe unto yourself, microcosmic. This sounds far fetched, but luckily ... you don't have to take my word for it. You too can experiment and see for yourself if you only want to badly enough to take the plunge now that you've dangled in your feet and tested the water a little.

Quote:
I'm not a squeamish person and the dark doesn't bother me, I used to take a shortcut home from friends houses though some fairly dense woods without ever feeling frightened or threatened.
Not so bad, but there's a time to be cautious and even on edge. There's also a time to dot and cross every "i" and "t" but this is not so much the case in the Western traditions as much as what I know of the African.

Quote:
So I can't explain why sometimes the dark in my own home gives me the creeps so badly sometimes.
I don't mean to downplay your sensory perception or your experience. Still one can say we (and our subconscious minds) see more haunted houses than haunted woods stories. Enchanted forest tales were probably more common long ago, or at least they don't seem to hit the blockbuster status these days except that horrible Blair Witch garbage movie, I think it went in story.

Quote:
It feels strange to me to write this down but I feel like there is something around sometimes I can't see, though quite often I do feel like I catch sometime out of the corner of my eye.
I have angels and even the helpful spirits of the dead guarding my temple. At times, rarely straight on, will I see these white mists and smoke swirling in different sizes that look much like ectoplasm recorded in pictures, and can just as often feel like someone is sitting on my bed at times, is standing off in the back of my room or somewhere else, and so on.

Is it all my imagination? No. I could assume that. If I did it would probably be because I had nothing to compare the experience to yet like you. Instead, me, I know the difference by now, much more readily distinguishing between a mental trick and subtle phenomena. You very well might be onto something yet, though you possess the right psychic instruments to observe this phenomena, you lack the direction to crank the knobs, properly prepare the slide, etc. Get me? Your conscious mind is blotting out too much of your psychic sensory input in other words. Stop that and learn to silence your mind for better results, and begin to focus inwards at the same time. This is the basis of almost EVERY psychic talent out there which are commonly discussed, and it's how I've gotten those to work for myself.

Quote:
But of course there is never anything there. I put it down to an overactive imagination,
As did I, even after gaining much experience in magick, and I still do question things but not so speculatively from a suspicious angle. When you push the proverbial button and get the result time and time again you begin to realize something is at play here even if you don't TRULY understand reality enough to discern just how and why it does what it does. You following me now?

Quote:
as I have no other basis to relate these experiences to.
Very discerning and self aware for a beginner. I recommend a study of psychology for you, modern in my recommendation, and that should run concurrent to your studies of the occult. Consider it balancing if not another lens to view the occult through, and visa versa, as Dion Fortune once said. Moreover Dr. Israel Regardie would have had you at least SEE a psychiatrist during your studies for sake of a number of things that can crop up. We always walk the line of "insanity"; magickians. For one, we don't believe like "they" do. This causes the media to make fools of us and to further cast doubt on the whole occult scheme of things and it's legitimate knowledge.

Quote:
I recall some very very vivid dreams I had as a child that always followed the same patterns,
Likewise... Actually I've been fairly serious about dreams for a time now, and have extensively journaled and monitored them as well. Very weird results. You curious to go deeper? It's not really hard at all if you want it. It will just take some time and adherence to a process which is what the scientific method is about.

Quote:
I would hear people down stairs and always a voice calling my name. So I would go down stairs and into the living room where there would be people that I never recognised, as soon as they notice me I would wake up, standing in the middle of my living room with nobody there but me in the dark. So I'd shit myself and run back to bed. This happened on more than 1 occasion, repeatedly but not regularly if you get my meaning.
It could be a memory linked to the house ... a different time period let's say. You could theoretically have been out of body and drawn to another time period of the same astral resonance. Robert Monroe writes about this, though all of my experiences have been on the real time zone for the most part rather than going above or below this plane or backwards or forwards in time like others claim to have done besides me.

Quote:
Now curiously I've been able to induce Lucid Dreaming, though it's something I also know nothing about.
Well, I've got books and things. Ask me, but, if you can decide that you're serious only. I'll dig it up from my library then if I hear from you or someone else that's lurking.

Quote:
This brought back a lot of the memories of my childhood dreams and it all happened around the time I've started sleeping with a light on again, I don't want to say I'm scared of the dark but I just have this feeling there's something there again. Could these 3 thing be connected?
Only you'll be able to tell. Beyond the projection of your own awareness you call Self is your subconscious. I cannot do the work of your conscious mind to interpret your deeper symbols accurately, or if I can it's not like you can anyway because I'll have personal bias to filter through and lack of experience of your life and way of seeing things. Thus those symbols are made by you and for you. I will say that I've had a student I had to exorcise in a round-about indirect way who was obsessed and part of that obsession was dream visitation with recurring dreams. Is it related in your case? Who knows? I do know it's at least suspicious to you; a person on their own account who is otherwise critical and analytical of things to the point where you've blocked out most things (my grandparents do the same stuff but worse probably -- lol -- like having rationalized rocking chairs that rock by themselves, etc. My Grandparents, however, have a reason not to believe ... because that would be against their religion and thus it'd threaten their whole realities they've crafted for decades and become comfortable and stagnant in.) Do you have any beliefs that would prevent you from discovering something overlooked until now too? That's the question I'd be asking myself.

Quote:
So, there you have it. That's whats brought a cynic like me your realm, for now I am happy to suspend my dis-belief and I humbly ask for any advice and/or guidance towards information that could help me understand the feelings I've been haunted by.
This haunting feeling you can feel can quickly become a fevered quest for more light that is never quenched. Be warned. The path only goes one way.

Quote:
And a nice community of people to converse with so I don't make any stupid mistakes would be very nice indeed.

Sorry for the essay, I had more to say than I originally intended it seems.
Good times. See you around I suppose.

Nytek

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 10-04-2010 at 10:30 PM.
nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #3
Equinox

First, thank you for such a fast and thorough response. I'll guess long detailed posts here aren't a turn off?

Quote:
This is a basic tenet of NLP as a therapeutic model and so on in that vein even in other regards.
Thank you for the definition, although what does NLP mean? It's not a acronym I'm familiar with. I'm used to language being generally misleading from time to time, does this generate a lot of the stigma when talking to people about the 'paranormal' and Occult? Although it seems to me that society and its' rulers have done their best over the years to demonize anything relating to the Occult.

Quote:
Firstly take the words of the A∴A∴: "We make no reliance on virgin or pigeon/Our method is Science, Our aim is Religion".
Forgive my ignorance, but who or what is the A∴ A∴? And in what sense does the Occult have to do with religion? I must confess that after spending most of my life in a Catholic school the word is such a turn off to me, I see nothing more egocentric, bullying and downright condescending than religion. Especially the Abrahamic 3. I have some interesting theories about religion being an extension of the Ego, maybe I'll share them with you sometime if your interested.

Quote:
What's a "paranormal image board"?
An image board is essentially an anonymous forum, in this case the topic is the paranormal.

Quote:
You too can experiment and see for yourself if you only want to badly enough to take the plunge now that you've dangled in your feet and tested the water a little.
I've very glad that so far I haven't come across anything outright ridiculous yet and although the theories are foreign to me right now, my interest has definitely been tickled.

Quote:
I have angels and even the helpful spirits of the dead guarding my temple
This confuses me, firstly why would the dead spend time guarding something for the living? And angels? that seems very Good vs. Evil / Heaven vs. Hell to me - surely the nature of the universe is beyond petty squabbles? But even so, do you have specific spirits or angels? or just whoever wanders by at the time? Couldn't there be spirits that want to destroy your temple? Is that who you want it guarded from?

Quote:
You very well might be onto something yet, though you possess the right psychic instruments to observe this phenomena, you lack the direction to crank the knobs, properly prepare the slide, etc. Get me? Your conscious mind is blotting out too much of your psychic sensory input in other words.
This makes sense to me, but in the same way children and animals are more sensitive to other forces as they don't have the mental programming to block out all these influences yet. Do people that experience these kinds of phenomena tend to be more 'natural' than others? Or is this just a case of some people blocking more out than others

Quote:
You following me now?
Yes I'm still with you, I guess I'll just have to start experimenting and see for myself. Psychology sounds like a good place to start, I'm sure there are some fascinating reads in the Occult / Psychology department. Can you recommend anything to begin? This is defiantly a more comfortable place for me to start, rather than getting naked and dancing in some woods - which would make me feel rather daft. I guess I haven't managed to suspend my dis-belief completely yet

Quote:
Actually I've been fairly serious about dreams for a time now, and have extensively journaled and monitored them as well. Very weird results. You curious to go deeper?
I'm definitely up for exploring dreams. This is a great place for me to start, dreams must hold so many secrets to our minds, personalities and perceived / unperceived realities. To what extent can we influence our surroundings though what we experience in dreams? Any books or additional information you could dig up would be a massive help and I would greatly appreciate it.

Quote:
Is it related in your case? Who knows? I do know it's at least suspicious to you; a person on their own account who is otherwise critical and analytical of things to the point where you've blocked out most things
It's definitely the place I'm going to start. If I can gain the experience to interpret these dreams and by extension the memories of my childhood dreams, then maybe I'll find what I feel like is there. Whatever it is may want to be found, I feel stupid saying it but my initial gut feeling is that the childhood experiences is somehow connected to my new found Lucid Dreams. Though I don't see how they could be.. Am I making sense there?

Quote:
Do you have any beliefs that would prevent you from discovering something overlooked until now too?
I would say what has prevented me up until this time in my life is more a lack of belief, rather than a specific religion or ideology. To me Christians (for example) believe some such weird crap on top of the idea of life after death, that hauntings and ghosts should be second nature to them. People with any lack of 'faith' should be the harder to convince, am I right?

Quote:
This haunting feeling you can feel can quickly become a fevered quest for more light that is never quenched.
I hope the haunting is just a feeling and I don't discover that something has been following me around for most of my life, is there any chance of this?

Now I'm sure there are different aspects of The Occult, and different people favour different areas. Where would be good to start? Are people more natural to one aspect than another? Is there such a thing as a natural even? Apart from the odd feelings of not being alone every strange experience in my life has centered around dreams in some way, so I'm inclined to start here. Please tell me if I'm missing the point at any time.

It feels good to be taking steps towards something positive
Old 10-05-2010, 06:12 AM   #4
nytek

Quote:
First, thank you for such a fast and thorough response. I'll guess long detailed posts here aren't a turn off?
I can appreciate them--sure.

Quote:
Thank you for the definition, although what does NLP mean?
NLP stands for Neurolinguistic Programming. What it is, is essentially the codification of reality. The idea is to understand self, and to then understand others.

Quote:
I'm used to language being generally misleading from time to time
Oh, and it only becomes more misleading with each initiation or word, until the whole tower collapses beneath it's weight and all the old ideas once made prisoner are then set free. This is metaphorical of course. Language is based on assumption grounded in the past, and communication is largely an illusion of presuppositions based around the greater reality of the two or more parties thinking they truly know what the other person speaking intends to declare by his choice of symbol (words). This involves layers of presuppositions and the likes I can't delve into at the moment.

Quote:
does this generate a lot of the stigma when talking to people about the 'paranormal' and Occult?
I'd say it's more like "perpetuate", and the perpetuation is a reflection of the burnt in pattern of thought the collective has latched onto without true authority on the subject. See, in court, we hear the testimony of an expert and lawyers try to demean the worthiness of said experts to give an accurate and useful testimony. In the same sense, it seems the collective has all but failed to make an outstanding authority on the occult of any others but the loudest who are the ever confused and nauseatingly quasi-native american new age spinster practitioners who speak to the proverbial jury which is an audience largely stuck on Newtonian logic and Medieval suspicions of magick which prevent adequate investigation from ever being performed due to the bias of the collective as aforementioned.

Religion has had it's part in this influence upon the collective. Religion has been the enemy of science and free thinking. Occult wisdom has been kept occult (hidden) because of the Church for example. The occult is much closer to science than anything. Organized religion is the enemy of magick by a priori logic.

Quote:
Although it seems to me that society and its' rulers have done their best over the years to demonize anything relating to the Occult.
More or less.

Quote:
Forgive my ignorance, but who or what is the A∴ A∴?
It's Crowley's order; the real order which is said to fish for initiates from the outer order that is the Ordo Templi Orientis, or, Order of Oriental Templars which is based more on comradery and sex magick than actual attainment like the A∴A∴ is proposed to be. This discussion of the topic is made discounting which branch of OTO is the "real" branch despite quibbles and tribulations. . .

www.ordoaa.org, is the link anyway, or so I think it is.

Quote:
And in what sense does the Occult have to do with religion?
I guess magickians start religions and people follow them. Magickians test and explore, while the religious pray and await an afterlife and it's promises all the while shunning this life, or like some creepy ascetic they mortify their living corpse in some psychodramatic attempt to escape the very thing that connects their self awareness to the highest. Go figure.

So all of that said they don't have too too much to do with each other despite being similar. As I said, religions are about dogma and passivity by and large (discounting the African traditions and certain others). The occult at it's highest uses ritual which is the most intense experience and form of living possible. Religion uses dead ritual; ritual done without meaning, blind gestures and motions that have long since lost their power. Ritual without awareness and intent is dogma in action. Ritual with intent is causing change to conform to desire. As infantile as this sounds, I assure you your reach is nothing to be laughed at and it is nothing short of all powerful when it is properly tapped by the lower self that also can become spiritualized through frequent exposure to your own latent powers and the higher viewpoints spirituality gives one.

Magick gives someone who is locked into the very limited and finite forms of reality true access to the realities and experiences of the absolute and Godly via the pretense of your explorations and experiments. The more aware of this ability you become, the more your old mundane self dies and "something" replaces it that is more observer than direct participant.

This I've just mentioned is the crossing of the abyss as we call it, or finding the great tao, locating the source of consciousness, the place of constant rebirth that the zen describe.... this is the goal of religion; the state of heaven and unity with All and nothing. It is Samadhi without seed or focus of subject and object. These things are commonly held, but only in magick is it realistically attainable without a whole lifetime of study and devotion in my opinion.

Quote:
I must confess that after spending most of my life in a Catholic school the word is such a turn off to me, I see nothing more egocentric, bullying and downright condescending than religion.
There are truths in all religions, but more or less that truth is crusted over by years of unenlightened minds tearing away and reconstructing the fabric of illuminated minds. I mean, how can one translate a text and not lose meaning even without the countless alterations? Even without the lack of understanding of the previous writers perhaps save where the scribe happened to have a higher state of illumination than the previous one if at all likely. It seems the spirituality conjured by Jesus onwards for example dwindled and blinked out a long time ago all the while being broken down into dogma.

Quote:
Especially the Abrahamic 3.
Of course. But hey, religions like that and their bastardized teachings corrupted and dead as they are still lead people like me and perhaps yourself into the metaphorical arms of the occult. Right? So they serve some purpose since you still seek SOMETHING you feel in your gut to be there but what that something is nobody you've met in the mainstream can explain or might even not want to experience necessarily for lack of mainstream importance. Doing magick is just not a status thing like having a black belt or being a CEO unless you're one of the great ones. That means it's importance is relegated to the waste bin for the most part due to this and other factors we've already touched on. Magickians play the wise fool to the populous at large. When people on the bus overhear us they take truths we take for granted as sheer insanity and raise a brow in arrogant contempt or lack of experiential understanding.

Besides that, I take it to be hard to think all the religious people in the world were nuts who hallucinated within a coherent pattern and framework of their religions. There seemingly must be some truth to their words, but perhaps like Crowley proposed, this too is misunderstood even by the receiver of such wisdom and visions, like as to when Mohammed spoke to Gabriel, this was merely the illusionary form of his falsely called "higher self", or Holy Guardian Angel. But that's another lesson for another day. Basically there are some truths to be found in religion but you're not going to find them unless you're clergy or hardcore-dedicated unlike the majority who flip flop through religion.

Quote:
I have some interesting theories about religion being an extension of the Ego, maybe I'll share them with you sometime if your interested.
You're welcome to PM me.

Quote:
An image board is essentially an anonymous forum, in this case the topic is the paranormal.
Oh, I've always referred to those as Bulletin Boards.

Quote:
I've very glad that so far I haven't come across anything outright ridiculous yet and although the theories are foreign to me right now, my interest has definitely been tickled.
One of the trickiest things is not to assume too much based on what you already know. Science always thinks itself to be at it's pinnacle yet each year we learn more about the universe than we knew the prior one. In fact, all "ridiculous" means, is that you can't compute it based on what you know and are comfortable with. I'm fairly sure if you know nothing of it, then advanced calculus would boggle your mind and look like scribbles and things rather than anything you could easily read and understand. Basically, however, such understandings are built up to. One wouldn't just expect a jungle primitive to grasp those concepts on a limb. Though despite not being too critical, obviously there are a lot of people out there who are trying to sell you one thing or another or who are just posing or plain full of shit.

Quote:
This confuses me, firstly why would the dead spend time guarding something for the living?
This is often a hard subject for the Western mind to wrap itself around given our collective terror associated with death. The matter is a case of "quid pro quo"--I choose to serve a certain God and thus I gain the protection of that God through his familiars which in this case are the helpful spirits of the dead. Why would they be helpful to the living? It seems we both want something and often neither questions why if it is within their nature to do what is asked of them. Despite the dead once being human themselves, it's said they crave offerings to continue to do that which they'd once done in physical life. Are they truly dead people or not is something I don't worry about. I personally consider them to be the animated shells of the dead; the personality blueprint or the husk of the mind that was once connected to the soul. In the end, they want something and so do I. Moreover if the Gods are not fed they too will fade away and die so their desire for energy is clear-cut.

The bottom line is that there are many theories about why. The only important truth is that the universe contains things that can be described the way I spoke about above.

Quote:
And angels? that seems very Good vs. Evil / Heaven vs. Hell to me
heh I enjoy that you'd think that, like most do. Wouldn't you instead have found yourself stuck to help or prevent such a limiting belief up until now. But soon enough or eventually you'll perhaps learn face to face and first hand from the safety of your circle that the most deadly and destructive entities are the angelic. The point of duality and it's crux is polarity and division. If you look at the ying-yang symbol you'll notice there are not TWO designs linked but four separate things present. There is black with white, and white with black. And as such, we have demons of death like Keltar and demons of healing like Verrine. One also has angels of protection and angels of death, wrath, vengeance, and other things you might not guess outright at all. Then again this also gets into the semantics of angels and demons and what they are and by what values they're classed.

Quote:
surely the nature of the universe is beyond petty squabbles?
The nature of the universe is balanced. Thus, as I said, there are the kinds of angels that lead armies and destroy religions and bind people as well as those that cause love, affection, friendship, and healing. Etc.

Quote:
But even so, do you have specific spirits or angels?
Guarding my temple? No. I have certain sigils marking related areas of my home which act as gateways as well as astral wards erected that act like barriers to their realms of the astral more or less. They mostly are here to keep out the astral nasties that poke around such a place as active as my temple can become at times rather than, say, to shelter me from psychic attack. I actually do have specific entities which are used for personal protection though.

Quote:
or just whoever wanders by at the time? Couldn't there be spirits that want to destroy your temple? Is that who you want it guarded from?
There are plenty of wandering spirits, and they are drawn to astral work like moths to a flame, it seems. I'm mostly guarding it from them and those parasites that often gather and attack at night. Generally anything you don't invite is not likely to have a good purpose for being there. At best, it's animal-like curiosity, and at worst it's a full fledged attack and theft of life force or something else you don't want. If you're going to do lots of magick, however, you have to cleanse, consecrate, and protect your temple eventually or only find out why it's recommended instead.

Quote:
This makes sense to me, but in the same way children and animals are more sensitive to other forces as they don't have the mental programming to block out all these influences yet.
This is pretty much the entirety of my point, though there's slightly more to it. I guess I can say that it's about training your mind that the above-ground things are important and dreams and imagination are worthless ... really any Jungian can tell you dreams are a wealth of information as well as how a magickian can tell you imagination is the springboard of all magick you can think of. Things must be thought of, given a thoughtform, and manifested. This requires imagination, power of Will, and belief, as well as suspended disbelief of course.

Quote:
Do people that experience these kinds of phenomena tend to be more 'natural' than others? Or is this just a case of some people blocking more out than others
If I get you, then yes, some people are more in tune with the astral than others. Some are simply ungrounded which makes them almost permanently attached to the astral. These types might be said to "go crazy" and I wonder how many mental illnesses are really those people who break up after their realities corrode to the truth that there is life deep below the surface of our awareness, in the subconscious, and deeper yet into the unconscious. Too many people in my opinion are still stuck in Newtonian development with linear time, clocks, and finances ... because that's all they know and feel is important. People like that find little reason to reverse their bad training even if they have the natural talent to ignore.

Quote:
Yes I'm still with you, I guess I'll just have to start experimenting and see for myself. Psychology sounds like a good place to start, I'm sure there are some fascinating reads in the Occult / Psychology department. Can you recommend anything to begin?
Grinder and Bandler as well as Milton Erickson have a number of books to peruse. These can be found on scribd.com, or try google, or even amazon.com. Otherwise classic psychology and other related fields can be uncovered as you wish. Lycan had some occultish ideas and Jung had quite got the whole mess down in my opinion or at least led a lot of people to feel that magick is only psychology in action as is popular to behold as being put forth in truth by more and more of that mindset, I've seen.

Quote:
This is defiantly a more comfortable place for me to start, rather than getting naked and dancing in some woods - which would make me feel rather daft. I guess I haven't managed to suspend my dis-belief completely yet
Well the whole full on nudity thing is often abused. Really you don't need to be fully naked for anything except sex magick, which is beyond your current understanding by virtue of not being able to convey the occult values of sexuality in truly universal terms easily enough. It must be figured out itself. Anyway, it's not needed to become more than topless to gain a connection to whatever your temple is. I get your joke though, I'm just saying it's actually not a singly humorous statement but is something grounded in practice that tends to be superfluous like so much of ritual admittedly has seemingly become once one sees into the mechanics of it.

More personally towards you, you have no lever or fulcrum with which to hoist away the stone cap that sits atop the passage way into your internal mind. Why would you believe yet merely on account of my confidence in the subject's verity? Naturally however we have no problem believing in gravity though we understand it not, and we trust in air being there though we can't ever see it, or the microbes which flourish therein invisibly. Experience will give credit to what nothing else can. Your instruments more fine tuned, you will gradually make better sense of what you are perceiving. Does that make sense ...?

I'll be posting a book list link soon, by the way. It'll include what I have for astral insight and dreaming.

Quote:
I'm definitely up for exploring dreams. This is a great place for me to start, dreams must hold so many secrets to our minds, personalities and perceived / unperceived realities.
True ... true ....

Quote:
To what extent can we influence our surroundings though what we experience in dreams?
Since all magick is more than physical gestures and setting some intent but instead uses the body of light that resides on the astral plane, then well, being ONLY on the astral plane takes away the sluggish human form and replaces it with direct connection to the astral self. Doing LBRP (Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram) in Lucid dreams often creates an invisible column of energy like astral wind that blows down through me from above to below. You obtain very interesting results working purely on the astral though I rarely do this.

Otherwise one can do lots. You can prepare for some event by rehearsing it in first person. You can literally explore a blueprint, visit the set of your favorite movie, and other things ... those would all increase your imagination and it's power and thus effect your life directly one way or another.

Quote:
It's definitely the place I'm going to start. If I can gain the experience to interpret these dreams and by extension the memories of my childhood dreams, then maybe I'll find what I feel like is there. Whatever it is may want to be found, I feel stupid saying it but my initial gut feeling is that the childhood experiences is somehow connected to my new found Lucid Dreams. Though I don't see how they could be.. Am I making sense there?
My best guess is that you're being lured onto the path through those experiences and their recurrence by your Holy Guardian Angel. Perhaps instead you're supposed to see something. I'm not sure.

Quote:
I would say what has prevented me up until this time in my life is more a lack of belief, rather than a specific religion or ideology. To me Christians (for example) believe some such weird crap on top of the idea of life after death, that hauntings and ghosts should be second nature to them.
I've said things like that to my grandparents before ... hell they eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus in an act of cannibalism we call the transubstantiation of the host, not to mention the countless miracles claimed. But, being reliant on status and authority, they trust their pastor or whatever.

Quote:
People with any lack of 'faith' should be the harder to convince, am I right?
In the book series, The Equinox, it's proposed by Aleister Crowley that the athiest is the easiest to "convert" into an occultist by virtue of having no solid belief in anything except a lack of something else. You likely do have a hunger for the spiritual that you feel religion in it's mainstream forms have denied you. Were you religious, you'd be faced with the fear of damnation or some form of suffering. In The Athiest Manifesto the self-damning guilt is explored well by the author if you're curious to see just how ridiculous a person can get with the notion of attrition.

Also see my post on the Devil tarot trump on site, which is directly related to the concepts discussed. The big organized religions primarily seek to keep us entrapped in the cave, here worshipping the finite idea of God as if it were the absolute.

The above discounts the reality of the adept who at some point likely becomes a radical athiest in that she or he believes in no God but an idea of God existing on this plane. This is despite having faith in a unity which is out of sight from here where we are in duality; a living macrocosm. There are no words that can convey the true meaning of Kether, the unity, and Godhead. Anything chosen will be an idea and thus will be separate and a product of duality and not the unity you only believe you're pondering. This concept is supported by the levels of nothingness that are the three veils of Ain. This is all kabballah stuff you can research. Thelemapedia.org has some info, and Will Parfitt has a good book on the matter.

Quote:
I hope the haunting is just a feeling and I don't discover that something has been following me around for most of my life, is there any chance of this?
It's impossible to say based on what little I know what it likely could be at this point. Furthermore, an in depth consultation, divination series, and solution would cost some money no matter if it was me, Iza, or another who took the time to assist you. I think for now you can explore for yourself before turning to others for understanding. It is experience which will make sense of your situation whether it's your experience or that of another relied upon.

Quote:
Now I'm sure there are different aspects of The Occult, and different people favour different areas. Where would be good to start?
Well, what are you interested in learning all in all? My motivation for entering the occult was power, or lack of perceived power in my youth. This led to the discovery of my destructive nature as being both a bane as well as my strongest point that remained untapped for a long time. Let's see what your motivations are and that will help you figure out where you're going. You may even want to write out, like I have, an autobiography of your childhood and your major life decisions, traumas and tragdies, successes, and triumphs... as you do this find your concealed motives for each thing and question why you responded the way you did on all fronts. You'll learn more about your path this way too.

Otherwise, I would suggest you start with the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn's "Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram", as well as meeting the four classical Archangels related to the elements and kabballistic sephiroth (spheres). I prefer the updated version by Crowley if you can get it wherein he perfects the initial Kabbalistic Cross by adding AIWAZ, the HGA. This rite can be googled and also you can find some halfway decent to crappy videos of it being performed both rushed and ragged on youtube if you like as well. Also study whatever you can on the LBRP for additional insight. Also accept that you're going to make mistakes even a few months after you think you have it down pat.

Quote:
Are people more natural to one aspect than another?
Certainly. As I said, black magick is my forte and my favorite subject to study. I'm also a reiki master though so it's not like one still can't branch out to include seemingly contrary things. Your personality will not likely be perfectly balanced between light and dark. Often you will lean more towards the so-called light or the dark. They are equal in strength though some persons will draw power more readily from one source than another according to their natures.

Quote:
Is there such a thing as a natural even?
There are obvious talents that run in my family, yet only I have developed them to any extent beyond dabbling. There certainly are naturals, and we don't need to work half as hard to come twice as far as many. This has it's own problems like glossing over fundamentals and other issues of spiritual pride and imbalance. If you have your fingers crossed anyway, well, it's not necessarily better to be a natural, so to call the state of learning the matters of the occult like they're second nature. It's just more convenient to be one in my opinion only if you can make it work for you...

Quote:
Apart from the odd feelings of not being alone every strange experience in my life has centered around dreams in some way, so I'm inclined to start here. Please tell me if I'm missing the point at any time.
Not feeling alone is a bad thing. I might think you've got some sort of attachments to your aura or a leak therein. If you send me a picture I might be able to confirm that via psychic telemetry for my own practice as it would be done side by side with my reiki teacher, but please provide ample time for your expectations if so.

Quote:
It feels good to be taking steps towards something positive
This is actually one of the base psychological drives for magick throughout time and history -- it's that obvious drive to feel as if we are doing something rather than being passive helpless victims praying like children tugging on someone older's sleeve or pant-leg, or merely floating through life like driftwood caught in a current. Some people discredit magick as being "merely" an extension of this drive. Those who go beyond discrediting to experimentation might yet see otherwise.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 10-05-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
nytek

Also, don't confuse lack of belief for "disbelief." A skeptic is an open minded observer following a scientific program of investigation. A doubter or debunker is someone who truly disbelieves and has an agenda to keep to otherwise much like the fanatical magickians and so on have their own agendas to keep up.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 10-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
Equinox

Wow, thank you again for such an information rich reply. You clearly know your stuff, I'm very much impressed. Though still a little confused about this world I seem to be standing on the forefront of, though I am happy to see this as a new challenge and from what I understand maybe this is very difficult for all people to understand. It will take me some time to fully digest your post so I wont reply to every point right away, I'm sure you get people in here every other day with "hurr durr I want to do magicks!!" posts so thanks again to take the time to clear up some of my misconceptions.

Quote:
The bottom line is that there are many theories about why. The only important truth is that the universe contains things that can be described the way I spoke about above.
For me, I find the idea of something hanging around after death a fairly easy concept to be comfortable with. Though it would take an actual experience to make a 100% believer out of me I'm happy to let this point lay and move onto other areas of interest, such as it is. I do find the idea of Gods and Angels / daemons very.. ehm, I don't know outside my comfort zone lets say.

For example, what is the difference between Gods and Angels or Daemons? Do you have any experience with them? Are they common? Are they beings on different planes of existence? Like children with an ant farm kinda scenario? Are they aware of us? If so, are they also aware and interacting with beings in far of galaxies?

Quote:
If you're going to do lots of magick, however, you have to cleanse, consecrate, and protect your temple eventually or only find out why it's recommended instead
So a temple? This sounds like it's starting to get complicated, from what I understand this is just a place you can be alone and perform magick without being interrupted so to speak. But this cleansing, protecting, spirits 'popping in' sounds a little confusing..

Quote:
I choose to serve a certain God and thus I gain the protection of that God through his familiars which in this case are the helpful spirits of the dead
Ok forgive me, but what?

Quote:
My best guess is that you're being lured onto the path through those experiences and their recurrence by your Holy Guardian Angel. Perhaps instead you're supposed to see something. I'm not sure.
It's funny you mention 'lured' as it is a word I tried to avoid using, but the best I can really describe is feeling like I should be looking for something.. Also it implies a 'lurer', why would something want to lure me to anything? For fun? Wouldn't this have to be something that 'knows me' to effect my childhood and early adult hood? What is a Holy Guardian Angel? Does everyone have one of these?

Quote:
Let's see what your motivations are and that will help you figure out where you're going. You may even want to write out, like I have, an autobiography of your childhood and your major life decisions, traumas and tragdies, successes, and triumphs... as you do this find your concealed motives for each thing and question why you responded the way you did on all fronts.
I'm not sure I could really write any detailed or insightful transcript of my childhood, years of binging on drugs has left my earlier memories a little worse for wear and it seems like something that would take me a very long time. I'll look into it though, I can see how it maybe useful on one level or another. As for what my motivations are, only the dreams and general curiosity has brought me here. So I have no real understanding of the different areas of Occultism, what they are used for or how they work.. I know from my personality though I'll be very intrigued by contacting daemons or angels and trying to gain as much knowledge from them as I can, or anything that affects my day to day life for example. Blowing stuff up with my mind would be awesome, but I doubt anything like that truly exists.

If you think sending a picture might be helpful in anyway I'd be happy to do that, can I PM that to you? Or something else? I'll look into those books and will await your book list for dreams eagerly.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
nytek

Hi again, Equinox. You seem to be curious and I appreciate that. I'll do my best to avoid confusing you from now on, though as I said it's hard considering that a good number of my self-evident truths are likely your falsities at this time, furthermore there is initiatory language to tackle and a lack of magickal experience of reality to overcome as well. Still, the post goes on....

Quote:
Wow, thank you again for such an information rich reply.
Thanks. Hopefully the lurkers will be enjoying it as well by now, too.

Quote:
You clearly know your stuff, I'm very much impressed. Though still a little confused about this world I seem to be standing on the forefront of
They say the neophyte is blinded by many lights upon entering the path. What do you think those many lights are which were invisible before? I will say it has to do with certain new possibilities and being overwhelmed.

Quote:
though I am happy to see this as a new challenge and from what I understand maybe this is very difficult for all people to understand.
Eh, like the top 1%-10% make it in this field. It's not that people aren't smart enough. It's actually probably why most businesses fail--someone likes the idea of success in an area but can't dedicate the time or resources to the job to make it click in and take off. If you want it though, if you can avoid the lack and focus on the future bounty, soon you will find yourself looking back on today saying, "holy shit -- who was I?" ... I know that's true for myself and others I know. I have answers today for SOOO many questions that perplexed me before. I've solved situations that were otherwise unsolvable. And so on....

Quote:
It will take me some time to fully digest your post so I wont reply to every point right away
This is a great idea. In fact, re-read all of my posts. People tell me they find something new reading for a while, I guess as the other learning further sifts through their conscious minds to find some sort of basis to build up from. Those who pay attention to my words seem to be misled but rewarded (a mystery: all initiations are purposeful misleadings). Those who rush through receive from my experiences what they will which is often exactly what they'd put into their quest to begin with -- and some wonder why there is little to nothing of value to be found. It's the method used not the subject viewed which is flawed.

Quote:
I'm sure you get people in here every other day with "hurr durr I want to do magicks!!" posts so thanks again to take the time to clear up some of my misconceptions.
True. Everyone wants to jump right to the end of the line. Granted that these are natural abilities still great care must be considered when undoing yourself prior to their awakening and integration into your life. As I said, we walk the line of madness and we typically need to pound the fundamentals into the foundation we will build that tower of initiation upon. There are no pre-fab houses in the occult world, so to speak. That fact turns most people off who see some bad movies and head to google and find us, I think. The sad thing is that I get the impression many of those people could be something like they wanted ... if only ....

Quote:
For me, I find the idea of something hanging around after death a fairly easy concept to be comfortable with.
I had a fairly complex vision of the entire death process a while ago dealing with Eurynomous, prince of Death and dissolution more generally. As it went, the mind separates from the body in the first death ... this is a true "ghost", but it does not last long. Entropy sets in and lack of a connection to the physical means most people can't "feed" themselves and thus eventually after a time of rest in the real time zone or in one of the astral realms (where joint conceptions of "heaven" and "hell" and so on by the collective are all burned into the astral plane) ...

But avoiding complexity the second death eventually takes place. This is the tearing of the soul from the mind, leaving behind a lump of remains that was the shell of your personality, devoid of life; the once animating life-force by then having well reunited with the All in dissolution. What comes next of us is irrelevant to discuss here. But having that much in mind now I think certain Gods and other entities can capture and revivify these abandoned shells of the personalities of the once living. This was not part of my vision but it's my intuition. It's just my take on things. You don't have to find the right reasons to believe as you read along, but you can.

Quote:
Though it would take an actual experience to make a 100% believer out of me
Be careful what you wish for. Some of the people thinking like yourself which I'd invited over to my haunted houses I'd once lived in were absolutely mortified when things moved by themselves and footsteps tore through the house in a dead sprint yet there was nobody there. Most of the experiences I've had with "ghosts", so to call the phenomena, were residual hauntings. That is not truly even a shell of a person but rather a burnt image into the LCD screen of life. heh So this is left over energy which plays itself like a broken record over and over again to those sensitive enough to see it with their astral eye. That's the best way to explain it. However, there are tons of roaming spirits that can best be called "house goblins", and other mischevious and sometimes evil things roaming around.

The funny thing is, despite living in a house for many years with all manner of ridiculous hauntings going on, my grandparents very much become very questioning and skeptical whenever the subject of ghosts is mentioned. There is, of course, the fear of, "W-w-what if he's right?". I mean we may be too scared to accept something that means there are invisible forces right outside or perhaps inside your door and that means a certain amount of denial can be possible as well, even if it's happening already around you. You like others I know sometimes won't notice it and may go to great lengths to rationalize your experience and protect your status quo reality.

Quote:
I do find the idea of Gods and Angels / daemons very.. ehm, I don't know outside my comfort zone lets say.
Well, you do have a history with the mainstream conceptions of those things. Might I add that the common is the most worthless form of value? The rare is often that which is desirable, and not the common. The same thing goes with esoteric value. If a large body of uninitiated minds embraces something then it's probably watered down significantly in order to be made more accessible ... like mainstream religion.

Furthermore you have no experience working with those entities so any opinion on what I mean is based on speculation and likely bad memories.

Quote:
For example, what is the difference between Gods and Angels or Daemons?
Well, this is an area of subjectivity despite the seemingly clear context they're normally presented in. I consider Gods, Devils, and Demons to GENERALLY be in the same boat aside from angels.

Angels to me are the least sentient, and another has confirmed this experience with me. I don't mean fallen angels but the so-called messengers of the Gods. They are little more than holographs that have one purpose, seemingly. That purpose might be destructive, or it might be beneficial, but it likely has to do with righteousness and altruism. Still you have other angels like the classic four Archangels, Raphael, Michael, Gabriel, and Uriel, who are the four angels who exist to increase the love of the Unity (ie. the idea of God separate from the actuality).

Demons on the other hand seem to have forsaken the will of the highest for their own wills. As such they are generally much more like people in their own right. Some demons want to destroy all of humanity. Some demons love you for darkness you have. Others wish nothing but for you to obtain and clarify your inner-divinity and awaken. There are still demons of health and healing and other beneficial tasks so one cannot say demons are necessarily evil.

There seems to be another tier of Demons I'll call Devils, and on this plane Gods exist as well. They are most sentient, and most balanced. The Gods help who they will, and who they won't. They do good things, and they do cruel things. They are not comprised of one philosophical element or function.

Ultimately consider that you'll have to find your own definitions. Further I'm also explaining my point of view in a theistic sense, in that angels and demons and so on are REAL and objectively so. This belief is much less popular and acceptable than the one that it's all psychology (even if it can be explained adequately by psychology for the most part).

Still, I entreat you to go google Magick Without Tears, and to read the chapter entitled, "Do Angels Cut Themselves Shaving?", no matter how real or not they are, it seems these entities are thoughtforms that exist with some form of life that is completely unlike anything human life can conceive of ... being something more like a living abstraction of energies and symbols than real flesh, bone, and the likes you already most readily associate with.

Quote:
Do you have any experience with them?
I've gotten into the hundreds with my experiments by now.

Quote:
Are they common?
Common how? Anyway consider the notion that in an infinite multiverse that only one speck of dust holds life ... I think that notion is rediculous and I think the notion that all life must be physical and like us to be also somewhat presumptuous, if that means anything to you.

Quote:
Are they beings on different planes of existence?
This is tough to answer. Do you mean to ask if they are objectively real beings, or do you mean to ask where such beings might live? Some of them are closer to the physical than others. Some entities are such adroit manipulators of the physical environment that one would do well to ponder the possibilities at some point in reflection.

Quote:
Like children with an ant farm kinda scenario?
I'm sure some wandering entities do play games with us, as much as others can cause accidents and things. I don't think that accidents are necessarily the result of the spirits however, and particularly not the "big ones."

Quote:
Are they aware of us? If so, are they also aware and interacting with beings in far of galaxies?
I've never asked, and if I did, I would only be taking the word of an incorporeal entity anyhow ... taking that hard to conceive testimony which cannot be decisively analyzed. It seems that the powerful beings are stationed in far off parts of the astral and via bilocation can be drawn down into our conscious awareness. Metaphors can be made via psychology of the same process taking place.

Quote:
So a temple? This sounds like it's starting to get complicated
Advanced, is more like it.... I'm giving you a taste of things. A temple is just a room for magick. I use my bedroom and my bed rests within my circle most of the time.

Quote:
from what I understand this is just a place you can be alone and perform magick without being interrupted so to speak.
Right.

Quote:
But this cleansing, protecting, spirits 'popping in' sounds a little confusing..
All in due time. All in due time.... It's really not that complex but still I only meant to show you when one becomes dedicated that this is more technical if one wants it to be than simply spouting rhyming spells.

Quote:
Ok forgive me, but what?
Alright. In the African traditions, calling on the lwa (spirits) often results in the dispatching of their familiars which crowd around to assist you. You can look at the guedes (pro. "gay-days"). That should fill you in on your deficit somewhat. Otherwise, it's about "serve and be served." Quid pro quo... you help me, and I help you. Otherwise, I'm not quite sure what else your boggle is.

Quote:
It's funny you mention 'lured' ... Also it implies a 'lurer', why would something want to lure me to anything? For fun?
Consider momentarily that your ego-self is like a dumb secretary for your inner genius. Okay? So in this lower plane you as we mentioned are programmed away from spirituality it seems. So that said, now, would you prefer to be motivated by a stick or a carrot or not at all? This, considering there might be an opportunity SO GOOD waiting for you. To that effect it seems the HGA is adept at luring us to the heights of self-knowledge. I won't get into the why of it, as this too will merely confuse you as if you were to wonder what the benefit was of the destruction of ego you'd likely think the wrong things.

Quote:
Wouldn't this have to be something that 'knows me' to effect my childhood and early adult hood?
It's likely what you say, but still not necessarily true, or even necessarily what I've guessed it to be.

Quote:
What is a Holy Guardian Angel? Does everyone have one of these?
So it's said. Then again, when you look at the HGA as the highest conception of the IDEA of God possibly held on a purely internal level of reality as opposed to the external IDEA of God we all know in one form or another (and the related FINITE thoughtform of the living ABSOLUTE universe tha the Godform represents), then yes, in that case it becomes more plausible that we should all "have one", or perhaps it has US and we only play the part of the individual out of self-ignorance.

Quote:
I'm not sure I could really write any detailed or insightful transcript of my childhood, years of binging on drugs has left my earlier memories a little worse for wear and it seems like something that would take me a very long time.
I've done drugs with the best of them and the worst. I think the detrimental effects of drugs on consciousness are highly overrated in significance and most if not all are reversible effects. There are some exceptions like huffing things or other certain drugs, but for the most part, I mean.

I'm sure you could at least look at the major life decisions you made and all of the events that brought you to where you are now and come to some analysis of why and how you got here.

Quote:
I'll look into it though, I can see how it maybe useful on one level or another.
If you can find a pattern to your behavior it will stand to be very insightful indeed. Likely for your future as well....

Quote:
As for what my motivations are, only the dreams and general curiosity has brought me here.
Fair enough. What I meant was that black magick from the start lured me in; the promise of great destructive power. I too knew nothing except what I wanted, and that's what I meant to ask in terms of what you hope to achieve in terms of dreams and curiosity. It's granted that I too was curious about other things, but "power" was the bulk of my draw. The original idea is strongest and effects all subsequent ideas in magick. This places the emphasis on you reviewing your past before going forward even more.

Quote:
So I have no real understanding of the different areas of Occultism, what they are used for or how they work..
I mean there is low magick, which is your candle magick and your sorceries and other straight forward methods, and then you have the high magick of ritual evocations and kaballah and the likes.

Your best bet is to pick a tradition, such as say, Thelemic Golden Dawn, for a more modern variant on an old Christian classic. That fundamentally deals with alchemy, tarot, ceremonial magick, kabballah, astral travel, and much more. A lot of the greats have started there with basic building blocks or have started similarly before expanding outwards in style and technique.

Quote:
I know from my personality though I'll be very intrigued by contacting daemons or angels and trying to gain as much knowledge from them as I can, or anything that affects my day to day life for example.
Yes. I'm mostly a grimoire person myself, researching and picking a spirit or team of spirits for a task, and otherwise I prefer hopped up sorcery to what I consider from experience to be longwinded kabballistic exercises, which albeit undoubtedly have their own very great virtue as someone like Iza can clearly attest to as that's her modus operandi.

Quote:
Blowing stuff up with my mind would be awesome, but I doubt anything like that truly exists.
This is more the realm of psychic-ism rather than magick, to me. Explosions require great heat to be generated and an expansion which cannot be sustained, thus the explosion. That in mind then blowing stuff up certainly sounds impossible to me also even if I've admittedly had some results with psychokinesis once upon a time.

However, having seen first hand the effects of black magick on both sides of experience, blowing stuff up is the least of your concerns if you're entering that arena. The subtle realm is what you're ideally more concerned with then, and not things exploding or demons made of flesh and nail and fang coming out of the ground.

Quote:
If you think sending a picture might be helpful in anyway I'd be happy to do that, can I PM that to you? Or something else?
PM works, and if we start a conversation that is about you more in depth I'd like to continue it in my email ideally as PM is stifling to my back and forth discussions.

Quote:
I'll look into those books and will await your book list for dreams eagerly.
Yes. Well, Christmas is coming soon then ... haven't forgotten.

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 10-05-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
amjollner

Default Hi guys, can i join the conversation.

Nytek, I love your input and just pure knowledge. It took me a while to read this one, but it was very good. But she asked a question about their self awareness, and I wanted to share a thought with her. My Guardian has told me that he has been with me aways, even when I reincarnate, he is with me, waiting for me to find him again. So maybe your dark spot is something from another life. Just a thought. I do not claim to know everything, only what I am told by my Guardian.
The kabala says that there are angels assigned to every task in the universe, planets etc. so in theory maybe billions or trillions of angles/ deamons. Everything else is just someones interpitation.
amjollner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 AM   #9
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjollner View Post
Nytek, I love your input and just pure knowledge.
Much appreciated.

Quote:
It took me a while to read this one, but it was very good.
It is my wish to learn what I know and to share with others that which I find. To that end, I understand that all of my verbosity cannot share my experience with others. I know that much of my time I choose to spend here. Instead however, not trying to "ruin" the mystery for others, my notes on the path could become a shortcut to adepthood in some sense for some other person or persons. I won't even go into the trickle down effect of that... just say, "thanks", again.

Quote:
But she asked a question about their self awareness, and I wanted to share a thought with her.
True it is that we both have differing opinions based on our experiences thus far, and it's also fine. The cool thing about this board is being exposed to more than just one person's opinion and experience. Right?

Quote:
My Guardian has told me that he has been with me aways, even when I reincarnate, he is with me, waiting for me to find him again. So maybe your dark spot is something from another life. Just a thought.
Perhaps, but to approach it as if it is the HGA for sure could make vulnerable an otherwise impregnable mind fortified with denial. Even if it is or isn't I'm merely speculating and that means not proceeding as if I or you are correct.

I for one would be doing divinations at the least, but that doesn't seem possible in the case of the querent. That makes things considerably more dangerous.

Quote:
I do not claim to know everything, only what I am told by my Guardian.
Likewise, in various ways.

Quote:
The kabala says that there are angels assigned to every task in the universe, planets etc. so in theory maybe billions or trillions of angles/ deamons. Everything else is just someones interpitation.
Yeah. My God could be your Devil, and often neighboring warring locations would make just that the case for themselves ... invoking and evoking into and from the city walls as it's said. Angelic and demonic are moral value judgments more than anything for the most. I was merely describing my own classification system as you know. That's a good point you made.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 10-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #10
nytek

Default For Equinox

Book List
HERE

--C.G. JUNG