Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 08-18-2010, 04:40 AM   #1
Observer

Default Is anyone familiar with Aegir?

Greetings:

I spent a few hours reading here and was so impressed with the postings I had to join.

I have a million questions which I will hopefully be able to verbalize at some point, but my first and most important is that I am looking for information regarding Aegir the Nordic Sea God/Titan.

It is a VERY long story, but the short version is that my son met Aegir in a dream which led us to attempt to converse with him and his wife Ran. We had some unexpected spectacular results. I have spent approximately a year searching for everything I could find about him but the mythologies are very brief and vague. I cannot find anything specific about people who still contact him.

Has anyone else here had any contact with Aegir or his wife Ran?

Also, what are your feelings about names? The current belief seems to be that these gods have been given different names by different cultures over the years. Isis/Osiris/Curnunnos etc. have just been recycled with new titles.

It would seem to me that even though you can find sea gods in each separate pantheon, that doesn't necessarily mean they are all the same exact entity - does it?

Thank you.
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #2
Observer

Question Number 2:

I was looking at Forneus and have found two completely different sigils for him. Isn't it supposed to be a specific "name?" How can two different authors have completely unrelated sigils for the same demon?

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
Observer

Since no one is conversing with me I am not certain how to proceed. Looking at this forum it doesn't seem to be overflowing with new posts, so shall I just post all of my questions inside this one thread? Or should I post each specific question within the different categories?

I guess for now I will just continue until someone shows up with a better idea.

NEXT QUESTION - regarding sexual matters.

Since sexual energy is used so often in magickal workings, is it possible to be a celibate mage? The only systems I see encouraging such things is usually Eastern systems that claim every time you have release you are losing power. Western ideas seem to generally support the expulsion of said energies and my limited understanding seems to imply that the energy release is actually what "feeds" the working (or entities) but I could be misunderstanding the difference.

I do not intend on having sexual activity with another human being at this point in my life. Can anyone explain the differences between release and withholding energies and how that would working in rituals?

Are there any specific entities that respond to abstinence and work with or admire (for lack of a better term) the self-discipline involved?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
Observer

Another question I have is regarding the "FETCH" of Nordic mythologies.

My son had an experience with an injured raccoon in very unusual circumstances in downtown Seattle. The strange circumstances caused me to once again scour the intrawebs looking for an explanation.

I found a few brief references to what is called a fetch, where an animal totem (usually the opposite sex of the person) will come and bring a warning. The very few references I found said it is a very bad omen if the fetch animal is injured, and in fact this raccoon was bloody and hurt. This has been several years ago and many crappy things have happened since then, but I don't know what the specific warning was about.

My personal affinity leans toward the Egyptian Gods, but since my son continues to have these Nordic oriented experiences I wonder if our German ancestry is calling out to us. There are certain scholars that suggest that the Germanic religions are a direct descendant of the Egyptian, so maybe there is a connection there after all?

My interest in magickal subjects has been a result of having these crazy experiences happening and then trying to figure out what the hell is going on - which seems to be kind of backwards from most people's experience. Usually they get involved first and acquire experience in second-sight and then have experiences. Hence the reason I am so full of questions!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
Observer

If anyone else is interested in Vril, I found this interesting website. Unfortunately they charge money for their documents. I am getting so sick of religions hoarding their information about god in exchange for money! Regardless, here is the link:

http://vrilology.org/
Old 08-19-2010, 01:54 AM   #6
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
Has anyone else here had any contact with Aegir or his wife Ran?
It never called to me specifically.
Quote:
Also, what are your feelings about names?
They're often useful like sigils; to fix the mind on something unique to that entity. You might or might not get different aspects of that being, depending on several things, also according to the entity and depending on the specific variance. In any event I try to use the least corrupted/most ancient ones. As someone who prefers the Egyptian pantheon of Godforms, then I use Aset for Isis, Anpu for Anubis, and so on....

Quote:
The current belief seems to be that these gods have been given different names by different cultures over the years. Isis/Osiris/Curnunnos etc. have just been recycled with new titles.
The old forms are certainly old forms, and the gods definitely do seem to die and are reborn in new Godforms as old ones are devoured by the unity just the same. It reminds me of that scene in Liber 418 with the God-eating Spider. Awesome.... ::

Quote:
It would seem to me that even though you can find sea gods in each separate pantheon, that doesn't necessarily mean they are all the same exact entity - does it?
I couldn't say it better, nor should I try: MAGICK WITHOUT TEARS :: Chapter LXXVI: The Gods: How and Why they Overlap
Quote:
Thank you.
Yase.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #7
nytek

Quote:
Question Number 2:
I was looking at Forneus and have found two completely different sigils for him. Isn't it supposed to be a specific "name?" How can two different authors have completely unrelated sigils for the same demon?
Crowley reportedly changed a lot of sigils, or so I've heard anyway. The most widely respected set of sigils seems to be from the Joseph Peterson edition of the Goetia, which I can upload if you cannot find it for some reason, should you try someplace like scribd.com first where I think it'll be found. As long as anyone has had success with any given sigil though for the purpose of contacting an entity, then it's considered a gateway for all time after that occasion.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Old 08-19-2010, 02:07 AM   #8
nytek

Quote:
Another question I have is regarding the "FETCH" of Nordic mythologies.

My son had an experience with an injured raccoon in very unusual circumstances in downtown Seattle. The strange circumstances caused me to once again scour the intrawebs looking for an explanation.

I found a few brief references to what is called a fetch, where an animal totem (usually the opposite sex of the person) will come and bring a warning. The very few references I found said it is a very bad omen if the fetch animal is injured, and in fact this raccoon was bloody and hurt. This has been several years ago and many crappy things have happened since then, but I don't know what the specific warning was about.
This is the first time I've heard that, but I'm going to look it up. I've had dreams with what I consider my spirit animal to be in them.

Quote:
My personal affinity leans toward the Egyptian Gods, but since my son continues to have these Nordic oriented experiences I wonder if our German ancestry is calling out to us. There are certain scholars that suggest that the Germanic religions are a direct descendant of the Egyptian, so maybe there is a connection there after all?
I haven't heard that, though as I said in response to your PM, the Egyptian pantheon is my favorite of favorites and I'm always down to talk about it or my experiences with those awesome inspirational, dynamic, & vibrant Godforms.

Quote:
My interest in magickal subjects has been a result of having these crazy experiences happening and then trying to figure out what the hell is going on - which seems to be kind of backwards from most people's experience. Usually they get involved first and acquire experience in second-sight and then have experiences. Hence the reason I am so full of questions!
Then in a sense you and I are alike in our origins, because I too was a child surrounded by things like poltergeist activity, and before I'd ever memorized the hebrew alphabet I grew up to have one major instance of success in consciously applying PK which I wrote about elsewhere on site, which made me wonder if I was my own "poltergeist" or if it was some servitor-spirit gone bad kinda thing because I was in haunted houses a good chunk of my time in NY. I too have seen all manner of things from shadow people to a disembodied murderous kitchen knife wielding arm to solid-reflectioned demonic beings in a wall mirror and levitating masked things.... and I'm not talking about on purpose in some triangle. I mean that if you let them, your gifts will run rampant and potentially terrorize you. At some point a person like you almost has no choice but to find some path within the chaos that eventually ensues; to put some order to it finally. Yeah. This reminds me a lot of myself at some point.

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 08-19-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #9
nytek

Quote:
Since no one is conversing with me I am not certain how to proceed.
*Jeopardy theme*

Quote:
Looking at this forum it doesn't seem to be overflowing with new posts, so shall I just post all of my questions inside this one thread? Or should I post each specific question within the different categories?
If you stay in one thread and are under one topic, many questions are fine. Anyway digressions happen, too, and so do outright thread hijackings.

Quote:
NEXT QUESTION - regarding sexual matters.

Since sexual energy is used so often in magickal workings, is it possible to be a celibate mage?
Actually some say that's the best way, as the energy is channeled towards spirituality instead. Many fall short into Gamaliel and these are the dirty priests on occasion, or others who fall victim to their often destructive lustful whims from how I understand it personally.

Quote:
The only systems I see encouraging such things is usually Eastern systems that claim every time you have release you are losing power.
But there's also "black tantra", which is all about the orgasm, and Western magickians love black tantra by comparison seen at large.

Quote:
Western ideas seem to generally support the expulsion of said energies and my limited understanding seems to imply that the energy release is actually what "feeds" the working (or entities) but I could be misunderstanding the difference.
You're doing things differently for different reasons, basically. The OTO IX rite is not going to be the same as a simple act of Karezza even if both events are planned and aimed at bringing the couple closer.
Quote:
I do not intend on having sexual activity with another human being at this point in my life. Can anyone explain the differences between release and withholding energies and how that would working in rituals?
One method of trance is slow and gentle and withholds orgasm, the other uses a massive build-up of energy taken to the crown before release and the eventual kundalini surge to force the charged will through every chakra and out in an act of super-psionic magick that will most assuredly manifest in SOME way but nobody knows how, making it also incredibly dangerous and also awesome at the same time. Basically. This poster is obviously inclined toward the latter.

Quote:
Are there any specific entities that respond to abstinence and work with or admire (for lack of a better term) the self-discipline involved?
You could try ... Jehovah. He loves new slaves, and I hear he's making a come back. :: Just kidding. No, I don't know of any except one--a chaste Goddess--that isn't into keeping people as talking animal power-generators.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 08-19-2010, 02:33 AM   #10
nytek

Quote:
If anyone else is interested in Vril, I found this interesting website. Unfortunately they charge money for their documents. I am getting so sick of religions hoarding their information about god in exchange for money! Regardless, here is the link:

http://vrilology.org/
It didn't work, but let's just say that you can likely find whatever you're looking for for free if you have the will and the boolean speak to back it at the search engines. Also consider entities like Humot from the G. Verum... also consider that I've heard a reputable source say he considered the GV entities to be of a higher level than those 72 of the Goetia many have spoken a great deal about.

--C.G. JUNG