Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Aleister Crowley, Thelema, Crowleyanity, Abrahadabra Discuss anything about the single greatest force in promulgating magick of all time, The Great Beast (Master Therion), a.k.a. V.V.V.V.V (Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici -- "While still living, I have conquered the universe by dint of truth.") and Perdurabo ("I Will endure unto the end.")

Old 05-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #11
Adam Kadmon

[QUOTE=Izabael DaJinn;3450]The very fact you are here voicing your own point of view, which is an expression of your will, proves the validity of Thelema. You can't argue against Thelema for by attempting to do so, you assert your will, thus validating Thelema's core principle, Do What Thou Wilt.

Thanks Iza,
And yet, the very fact that our magical society runs rampant with unchecked tyranny is proof of how far Thelema has fallen and how far astray our people have gone from that great and timeless Law of Liberty for All.
Adam Kadmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #12
Filius Bestia

Default Conspiracy

What is your definition of tyranny? And no, I don't think that they OTO is to blame because its power base is basically gone. You have to actually have some real substance to have power. The only power any of the new OTO have is copyrights to the works of the founders of Thelema, most specifically Crowley's. I agree with you that there is corruption, I differ with you on who. Thelema is not to blame but by the fact that the majority of Thelemites hardly understand what it is they are about. It is difficult to find those who are actually on the path, and are not sensationsalists.

I never called you a conspiracy theorists. Basically, only a person with a low iq, or just blinded by their uprising, can say there is no conspiracy. There is. That is beside the point though. What I am asking is who exactly you are pinpointing as the ringleaders, why--I'm asking you by what bounds you point them out. I mean, take the vatican, for example. I don't trust them --period. They squirrel away history from the rest of the world, try to govern people's faith, and just what kind of church needs one of the top three spy networks in the world and the best of the best swiss guard? Not to mention all the other corruption visible if one but look. Do I think they are players in the big scheme? Without a doubt. They have an agenda, and they work for that agenda. It's called a conspiracy.

I work within more than one order, one of which is A.'.A.'.. By what standard do you accuse me of conspiracy against the people?
Filius Bestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
dewDragon

Default Oh, Really?

It is OTO because none have the capacity (before the awakening) to go by the spirit of anything. Think hard about how you are comprised. You have mind frequencies far faster than cogent you are not even conscious of. You are not in control of you. Only when you are honest about that can you even begin on the road to finding true WILL. NO! True will is not that which is your true purpose... your worthless ids fulfillment. It is the purpose you are meant to be decimated for. It is your end.
dewDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #14
NeoNative

Exclamation

Thelema was here long before Crowley and remains long after his demise.

The world will have Thelemites long after Liber Al vel Legis is forgotten.

LVX
NeoNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #15
Barrackubus

Wink Why would the world not need Thelema

Yes, I.agree, that with anything that is a system, whether it be political, religious or whatever. These can be corrupted by people with intent different from what may have been previously transcribed. However and also, it does not in any way or manner take away from the fruitful truths that has been passed to those who are learning and have not been corrupted.
I cannot comment on Crowley on our about what his intent was or the intent upon those who may have followed after him. The only persons whose intent I can be somewhat sure about is my own, and in my thirst for knowledge and learning the table provided for me by Thelema has fed me very well. I am in no position to judge or accuse anyone of wrong doing or having a lust for power other than that what has been taught in the gaining of that knowledge nor is it for me to determine who is and is not following or practicing thelema properly. But I can say tha it has worked for me if taken correctly, and I am not saying I am the only one, for I am quite sure there are alot of uncorrupted and nonlustful for the things that can corrupt people who study Thelema, and for those thelemites the message works.
It can also be understood quite naturally that after the death.of the great beast that change was going to happen, and has happened. But some changes maybe for the good of all or the damnation of mmany, and again that is not for me to judge. But the greatest known occultic teacher, crowley had gave more wisdom ever written and is placed within our grasp, and it is.within our hands to live however we will.

It should never be forgotten for a single moment that the central and essential work of the Magician is the attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. Once he has achieved this he must of course be left entirely in the hands of that Angel, who can be invariably and inevitably relied upon to lead him to the further great step—crossing of the Abyss and the attainment of the grade of Master of the Temple.

Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole law..
Barrackubus is offline   Reply With Quote