Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick & Mayhem Any and all magickal or occult topics (that don't have their own specific forum). This is not limited to: tarot, alchemy, Hermeticism, astrology, Aldous Huxley, H.P. Lovecraft, crystals, C.G. Jung, Kenneth Anger, Anton LaVey, Robert Anton Wilson, Carlos Castaneda, geomancy, and Ouija boards.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:57 PM   #21
Priestess Corinne

This is getting lively now we're on the subject of Cthulu....however I think it is more likely that the Octopus is a different entity. He looks more like a real octopus than Cthulhu, and what he told me was that the Ellis network is represented by a spider on the land and by himself in the ocean. (After all, a spider and an octopus are both eight -pointed like the chaos star.) Some of the early DKMU literature has pictures of the Octopus, but it doesn't say anywhere that they made him the way you make an egregore.

It's interesting certainly that Cthulu dislikes Pagans. The Octopus just dislikes me being in any other groups apart from his own, in contrast to the humans in DKMU who don't care how many other groups their members belong to.

I'm not initiated as Wiccan in my ordinary life on Earth, but I was doing a series of Wiccan meditations in which an athame and a chalice were used and he made the chalice break so that particular series had to end. In my meditations he talked like a human and I see him as a kind of secret chief, but that might just be me romanticizing him. I do think he's real- probably not Cthulu though. That was just what someone on a forum thought he was.

Last edited by Priestess Corinne; 02-07-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Priestess Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:15 AM   #22
Omera

I enjoy the Ellis sigil myself and my relation with spiders is significant.

An open mind is a fortress with its gates unguarded and open.

Doubt is the doorway from which the truth may pass through.

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Omera is offline   Reply With Quote