Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick & Mayhem Any and all magickal or occult topics (that don't have their own specific forum). This is not limited to: tarot, alchemy, Hermeticism, astrology, Aldous Huxley, H.P. Lovecraft, crystals, C.G. Jung, Kenneth Anger, Anton LaVey, Robert Anton Wilson, Carlos Castaneda, geomancy, and Ouija boards.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:38 AM   #11
Magari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priestess Corinne View Post
I would like to get back my ability to practice something regularly every day. That ability was hard-won; I only developed it a few years ago. I was quite keen to 'deconstruct' my mind as the chaotes call it, but it seems to be my regular practices that have been deconstructed, which wasn't what I wanted. It started when one of the chaos entities made my chalice break that I was using in some Wiccan meditations. Now it's developed into a kind of 'dark night of the soul' - although not quite as despairing as that.
In my experience our magickal and spiritual practices are much more than daily rituals and meditations. Those things are designed to prepare us to do the real work or the great work in the world outside our pretty little heads.

My experience is a bit extreme, but after progressing in meditations and spell casting to what I thought was an expert level my life kinda fell into chaos and forced me to change radically (I ended up joining the military), however through a complete and total lifestyle change I was able to learn and grow in ways I never imagined were possible and some of the most magickal experiences of my life came at this time. Keep in mind I had dropped all my previous magickal practices and focused on creating change in the world around me, allowing my subconscious time to work without me constantly meddling with it.

Take a break perhaps, pick up a new hobby, something that makes you happy and proud. Give magick and your subconscious a break for a while and see what happens.

Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #12
Priestess Corinne

Magari said:Take a break perhaps, pick up a new hobby, something that makes you happy and proud. Give magick and your subconscious a break for a while and see what happens.

I would like to do that, and I have taken up creative writing. Trouble is I'm doing it with one of the chaos entities that I mentioned in the previous comments!- so can't get away from them with my 'hobby that makes me happy and proud' and I'm not sure my time management is good enough to add another new hobby.

Also I still keep finding myself in magical predicaments. Earlier this week I ended up at a meeting with some Pagans- a group from the past that they had decided they wanted to resurrect, and they were making spell bottles. They asked me to choose something that I wanted and make a spell bottle for it. Well, I racked my brains but the only thing I could think of that I wanted was something I had already asked my chaos entity for. So I made it something similar, almost the same, and tried to avoid a clash. But a clash there was, and the bottle ended up falling on the floor and smashing.
Priestess Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:11 PM   #13
Priestess Corinne

Hello again folks on The Fool Speaks. I've taken a break for a while and just concentrated on my hobbies and the rituals that I want to do. I had a nice message at Christmas from the archangels advising that I should just accept that I joined a group on the dark side- don't keep wavering between accepting it and not accepting it.

This is quite topical now with the new 'Star Wars' film, isn't it? It turns out that some of the people in the group who were making the spell bottles sort of fancy themselves as Jedi. (Yes, honestly!) and a few of the people in my chaos group sort of fancy themselves as Sith,(though not in a ridiculous way.) So it all makes sense now about the clash and the bottle smashing. Lucky it wasn't worse.

So I've accepted it, and it all looks clearer now. The chaos group has got a degree system, though they only use it casually and sporadically, and in a fit of enthusiasm Iast year I put myself onto the first rung. That was before I started all the wavering and saying "Oh, God, what have I done?" I had a look at it and it makes sense that the first stage would end with everything being deconstructed and falling to pieces. I didn't do it perfectly, but I don't think it's designed to be done perfectly anyway........
So I've gone onto the second rung and we'll see what happens.

Thanks for all the suggestions about the unpleasant thought form because I'm sure that is also true, and that has more in common with the psychological things that happen to all of us.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #14
Magari

You wouldn't be referring to DKMU would you?

Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #15
Priestess Corinne

Oh, Magari, you caught us! See, I said it would be no use going on a new forum with a different name. Well, may the Force be with us, and let's change the subject from Star Wars as quickly as possible.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #16
Omera

How did you manage to mistake DKMU for 'dark side'? Its a group of stoner magicians that like tripping and smoking...

An open mind is a fortress with its gates unguarded and open.

Doubt is the doorway from which the truth may pass through.

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Omera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #17
Priestess Corinne

Hi Omera, I remember you from Occult Corpus. I expect some of the people in DKMU do not perceive it as dark side but I do because a lot of the members also belong to explicitly LHP groups and also because the egregores/ godforms act like demons.

Yes, I know they are largely stoners and like tripping and smoking. You might remember me saying on OC forum that I didn't want to take drugs, so I did the rituals without them and by screwing up my eyes I just about managed to see what I was supposed to see but without it being so three-dimensional. Fun times!
Old 01-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #18
Omera

Unless you kill people I don't think LHP/RHP matter.

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #19
Priestess Corinne

That's what I've decided as well, and I don't kill people or do anything anti-social. I'm with Loki this evening- I like Loki and tricksters are in a category beyond left and right. He likes this forum because he's sometimes The Fool.

But the Octopus (that's the one who made my chalice break),he's something else. He talks just like the emperor in Star Wars- and now I'm back to Star Wars. The people in his group would never smash someone's chalice- but he would, he can't stand rivals, can't stand Pagans.

You probably think I'm not being serious any more but I am: I'm just talking about the egregores/godforms which are actually what I'm interested in the most. An octopus has eight tentacles, like the eight arrows of the chaos star. Someone on Occult Corpus said he must be Cthulu......I'm not sure if they are the same or two separate entities.

Last edited by Priestess Corinne; 01-10-2016 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #20
Omera

Cthulhu is the supreme reptilian evil of the universe outside of lovecraftian mythos, I know because I was using associations to find this evil and it turns out to be cthulhu. He just doesn't care about what YOU'RE doing and I'm sorry if your deluded enough to believe a universal devourer like this really cares what you're doing.

Shit he didn't even care when -I- invoked him, he just looks in like a man looking into a terrarium at his critters.

He likes psalm 23. Psalm 23 does everything though.

My tentacle chalice can't be broken by Cthulhu because its made of pewter.

I would read When the Stars Are Right, it has no ritual but it does detail the primal approach to rylehian (not to be confused with Lovecraftian) and the author affirms a intense dislike the old ones have for pagans. What is the significance of your chalice?

Last edited by Omera; 01-11-2016 at 05:12 PM.