Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick & Mayhem Any and all magickal or occult topics (that don't have their own specific forum). This is not limited to: tarot, alchemy, Hermeticism, astrology, Aldous Huxley, H.P. Lovecraft, crystals, C.G. Jung, Kenneth Anger, Anton LaVey, Robert Anton Wilson, Carlos Castaneda, geomancy, and Ouija boards.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
Priestess Corinne

Default Path Fallen To Pieces

I felt like joining a new occult forum anonymously,and asking for advice. Of course there are probably a lot of very psychic people here who may know what my name is on other forums, but I'll have a try at being anonymous.

I'm not new to the occult; I've been participating for over 30 years, but lately my path has completely fallen to pieces and I'm having trouble practicing anything except a few pagan religious rituals.

I've been thinking about some possible reasons why this could be and I would appreciate if someone would advise me about it.Firstly it could be something psychological; four years ago I had to leave a job because people ill-treated me there and I've been worrying lately that it's starting to happen again in my present job.

Alternatively it could have been the evocation which wrecked my path. I joined a group a couple of years ago- completely online, I don't know any of them outside the internet. After a bit I found that the group is too dark for me, but by then I'd formed relationships with the entities they work with, which is something I always do, and that makes it hard to get away. A couple of them are very jealous of gods I was connected with before I joined. The human members aren't like that at all; they are very open-minded.

Last spring some of us in the group did a big evocation project. Frater *** (who seems to be a nice enough guy) came up with an opening evocation to recite each time which was,like everything else, too dark for me. I didn't want to back out so I recited the second half of it only during my ritual, but guess what......it still worked. I actually found it exciting that it worked and there appeared to be no harm done. but now I am wondering if this could have delayed effects.

The third thing is, I've been working with another of the entities and using masses of creative energy. Would that take away my energy for other techniques I've done in the past, and new techniques that I want to try now?
Priestess Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Djinn and juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priestess Corinne View Post
I felt like joining a new occult forum anonymously,and asking for advice. Of course there are probably a lot of very psychic people here who may know what my name is on other forums, but I'll have a try at being anonymous.

I'm not new to the occult; I've been participating for over 30 years, but lately my path has completely fallen to pieces and I'm having trouble practicing anything except a few pagan religious rituals.

I've been thinking about some possible reasons why this could be and I would appreciate if someone would advise me about it.Firstly it could be something psychological; four years ago I had to leave a job because people ill-treated me there and I've been worrying lately that it's starting to happen again in my present job.

Alternatively it could have been the evocation which wrecked my path. I joined a group a couple of years ago- completely online, I don't know any of them outside the internet. After a bit I found that the group is too dark for me, but by then I'd formed relationships with the entities they work with, which is something I always do, and that makes it hard to get away. A couple of them are very jealous of gods I was connected with before I joined. The human members aren't like that at all; they are very open-minded.

Last spring some of us in the group did a big evocation project. Frater *** (who seems to be a nice enough guy) came up with an opening evocation to recite each time which was,like everything else, too dark for me. I didn't want to back out so I recited the second half of it only during my ritual, but guess what......it still worked. I actually found it exciting that it worked and there appeared to be no harm done. but now I am wondering if this could have delayed effects.

The third thing is, I've been working with another of the entities and using masses of creative energy. Would that take away my energy for other techniques I've done in the past, and new techniques that I want to try now?
Hey

I'll take a shot and give you my point of view, though I have nowhere near the experience you do to draw from, I'm a very practical magician, I like to think...

I'm going to assume that you're on top of the spiritual hygiene situation with regular cleansing and banishing, and your allies are all on the same page with protection. What I do when I hit a wall like this when everything seems to work against you, or worse yet, not work, is strip things down to bare bones, thoroughly clean up, and then start to reintroduce my connections and practices gradually so I can examine them and find any possible fuck ups I've made, and fix them. Sometimes aspects need to be dropped, or a paradigm shift needs to happen, but usually it's having so much going on at once shit starts clashing and creating blocks. A total reboot and going back to the roots can work wonders, but of course if you wanting results like NOW, it's not practical
Watch that lust for results too, that can short circuit most things with circuits.

If it is psychological, is it possible that the trauma and negativity from your past experience created a powerful thought form, or attracted larvae and parasites? They can be hard to pick up on, and banish, the self created thought forms are the worst in my experience, the attachments are hidden so far within the psyche they have triggers in even the most base instincts, and boom, they're back.

Depending on the entities you formed bonds with, I'd separate them as much as possible. If they share altar space consider making them mini altars and give them offerings etc individually. If they're very dark jealousy could be a real issue, perhaps a case of parting ways amicably for now?

As for the third, delayed effects. It's a possibility, but not one I would feed with thought. If I thought of every possible eventuality before I acted I would never act, because the risks will always be to great. Have faith in yourself, have faith in your allies and abilities, and an iron will.

My 2 pennies anyhow
Djinn and juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #3
MalikLucius

Good evening, Princess Corinne, and well met.

I must wonder aloud, how recently has this begun to become a problem for you? Is your departure from this group and the entities they work with the most recent significant change in your life, or have you made other changes lately? The possibility of psychological influence which you mention seems the simplest, and I'm certain we're all familiar with Occam's Razor.

Djinn brings up some fine points, but do not hesitate to look to the mundane as the source of your magickal blockages. They are more than often a reflection of one another, and you have much more influence over your own life and power than does any entity you call up from outside yourself.

If you've been going through a great deal of changes in your life and outlook lately, it could well be that your chosen path is simply no longer the clearest road to your expression of true Will, and it's time for a change in your magickal practice, as well.
MalikLucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:41 PM   #4
Priestess Corinne

Thank you for the comments Djinn And Juice. I think you are right about too much happening at once and creating blocks, and rebooting everything is exactly what I've been feeling like doing.
You're also probably right about an anxiety thought form that gets triggered and comes back. I saw one of those years ago when it appeared in two dreams and it made quite an impression on me- it looked like a bundle of dirty, ragged skirts. Yet in the intervening years I had forgotten all about these creatures.

MalikLucius- I haven't left the group I was talking about, I'm still with them, and I haven't made any other big changes either. What happened was that first of all I tried to do a couple of systems which contained fundamentals that I felt I had left out. I couldn't make any headway with doing them and then I started to find it hard to practice anything at all. It probably is too much clutter, on the astral and etheric levels.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
Djinn and juice

You're welcome, I hope it helps On the thought forms, the few that I've experienced were pretty nasty to deal with, LBRP, LBRH, and solar banishing wouldn't touch them. I came up with a method to bind them and banish them using mirrors which worked well for me. I'm happy to share it if you would like to try it for yourself.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:25 PM   #6
MalikLucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priestess Corinne View Post
MalikLucius- I haven't left the group I was talking about, I'm still with them, and I haven't made any other big changes either. What happened was that first of all I tried to do a couple of systems which contained fundamentals that I felt I had left out. I couldn't make any headway with doing them and then I started to find it hard to practice anything at all. It probably is too much clutter, on the astral and etheric levels.
Ah, I see! Apologies, that was unclear to me on the first readthrough. In that case, I believe Djinn has hit the nail on the head. We scarcely realise, I think, just how many minor thoughtforms we produce on a day-to-day basis by dwelling on things. Anxiety only serves to add to it.

To add to Djinn's last post, the LBRP and other similar rituals excel in banishing external energies, and the influence of external entities. This is both their strength and weakness- if a negative thoughtform comes from yourself and your own worries, it's not external.
In my own experience, working directly with your own Etheric and Astral bodies is the best way to rid yourself of issues which come from within. This comes down to a combination of energy work and self-introspection, isolating the threads of power which tie the entity to you and cutting it off at the source.

I wouldn't be sur Djinn's mirror-binding method bears a passing similarity to this Idea, at least in structure. Please, let us know how it goes and what your results were, however you go about approaching the problem.
MalikLucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:15 AM   #7
Magari

I'm curious what changes you would *like* to see.

What are you currently doing to make those changes a reality?

Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:41 PM   #8
Djinn and juice

To add to Djinn's last post, the LBRP and other similar rituals excel in banishing external energies, and the influence of external entities. This is both their strength and weakness- if a negative thoughtform comes from yourself and your own worries, it's not external.
In my own experience, working directly with your own Etheric and Astral bodies is the best way to rid yourself of issues which come from within. This comes down to a combination of energy work and self-introspection, isolating the threads of power which tie the entity to you and cutting it off at the source.

I wouldn't be sur Djinn's mirror-binding method bears a passing similarity to this Idea, at least in structure. Please, let us know how it goes and what your results were, however you go about approaching the problem.[/QUOTE]

Excellent points well made.

It does, yes. It gives the negative thought form an identity and correspondences to inhabit, then removes them and all attachments in the psyche. I've used it on a couple of occasions to keep them bound but around to help me, so it's not only applicable to banishing, rather it brings them under your control.

I'll happily share through PM, but given the behavior of a particular member on the forum, I'm reluctant to pass good tech to idle hands publicly. Feel free to pm though
Old 11-21-2015, 07:09 PM   #9
Priestess Corinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magari View Post
I'm curious what changes you would *like* to see.

What are you currently doing to make those changes a reality?
I would like to get back my ability to practice something regularly every day. That ability was hard-won; I only developed it a few years ago. I was quite keen to 'deconstruct' my mind as the chaotes call it, but it seems to be my regular practices that have been deconstructed, which wasn't what I wanted. It started when one of the chaos entities made my chalice break that I was using in some Wiccan meditations. Now it's developed into a kind of 'dark night of the soul' - although not quite as despairing as that.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:27 PM   #10
Djinn and juice

Maybe chaos is too much chaos? I'm really thinking you need to strip back down to basics, and reconnect through what you love, and let that guide you. Groups serve a purpose, but our path is own. If you feel totally disconnected from your path ditch all the superfluous crap and get back on it