Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 03-23-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
Goetickid

Default Set, Satan, and Sitri

I have been seeing that they equate Sitri with the Egyptian god Set(h). yet I have seen sources where they equate Satan with Set as well. And this is why I doubt Set is a different god and he is neither Satan nor Sitri. There are other people who also doubt Sitri is Set, or who doubt that Satan is Set.

However, if both infos are true (Sitri is Set and Satan is Set), then that would mean that Sitri himself is Satan as well. So that's why I doubt, because I see Sitri as just a higher class spirit and I believe he serves Satan, so therefore I don't really believe in Satan and Sitri being the same entity, unless Satan has many forms and names and can duplicate himself and use a different form for each duplication of himself.

On the other hand, Satan is NOT a name, it's a Hebrew (or maybe Phoenician) word that means "adversary". But I do believe that there is a Satan who is the one most people (even some atheists) believe or imagine as the enemy and rival of Yahweh, and which is one of my 2 gods (Satan and Lucifer are my gods). And the very well known "number 1" rival of Yahweh who people call "Satan" is probably Samael, which probably was a god from the Canaanite pantheon as well. Because Gnostics say that Samael is the one who is known as the "garden snake" who gave the apple or the other forbidden fruit to Eve and Adam in the Tanakh and the OT. But on the other hand, there are other deities or arch/higher class spirits who seem to be "Satans" as well. There is a deity in some pantheon named "Sin", and the word Satan is spelled as STN in Hebrew, and it's rather pronounced "Sin-Tet-Nun", and then the thing is that I wonder where does the word "sin" actually originate from, since Abrahamics say that sin comes from Satan and then Satan in Hebrew is spelled STN which is pronounced "SIN-Tet-Nun", and there's a deity named Sin. Doesn't really sound like a coincidence. But if it is, then hmm, I am surprised. And then there is a "Sataniel/Satan'el", and many others that seem like "Satans". As in rivals of Yahweh, and not as spiritual villains who want to harm us. I believe Satan and Lucifer (Helel or Lucifer the Roman Morning Star god) are indeed good and benevolent.
Goetickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #2
Great Gazeofra

Sitri is not Satan, Sitri is one of the 72 spirits while Satan is one of the Infernal Princes. Set, Satan, Lucifer, Samael, they are the same God, but each name has different aspects in their ruling part of the Infernal Hierarchy.
Great Gazeofra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:01 PM   #3
Goetickid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Gazeofra View Post
Sitri is not Satan, Sitri is one of the 72 spirits while Satan is one of the Infernal Princes. Set, Satan, Lucifer, Samael, they are the same God, but each name has different aspects in their ruling part of the Infernal Hierarchy.
Well, I didn't even say that Sitri is Satan. I said that IF Set is the other name of Sitri and also Satan, THEN it would mean that Sitri is Satan. But this is why I doubt Sitri is Set and I also doubt Satan is Set. Hmm, does my English sound funny? I am Finnish. English is not my mother language.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:41 PM   #4
Great Gazeofra

I apologize for that. But You need to study the Qabalah and the Western hermetic tradition. You will never be a magician at all until you study study study.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:06 AM   #5
Goetickid

Well, that's what you believe then. Doesn't mean you are the only one who is right. And everybody believes differently, and the thing is that my beliefs don't match yours. I don't want to talk about this because I don't want to get involved in violent debates of strict vs free, and I also don't want anyone to make me doubt anything. It's not mandatory to be a Qabalah or Hermetic for anything. This is my belief.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:11 AM   #6
Great Gazeofra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goetickid View Post
Well, that's what you believe then. Doesn't mean you are the only one who is right. And everybody believes differently, and the thing is that my beliefs don't match yours. I don't want to talk about this because I don't want to get involved in violent debates of strict vs free, and I also don't want anyone to make me doubt anything. It's not mandatory to be a Qabalah or Hermetic for anything. This is my belief.

I'm sorry for my egotistical approach,
this is not my belief, at the root of all Satanism and Yahwehism or Hinduism or whatever, there is only ONE pantheon, and ONE teaching. HOWEVER, this doesn't mean each religion doesn't have its features or characteristics that suit one person and not another.

Find your religion. Build it yourself from all credible Esoteric Literature you can find.

Last edited by Great Gazeofra; 03-28-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:15 AM   #7
Great Gazeofra

Have you looked into the Qabalah? There you will find Satan's hierarchy and method.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:21 AM   #8
Goetickid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Gazeofra View Post
I'm sorry for my egotistical approach,
You have to realize, at the root of all Satanism and Yahwehism or Hinduism or whatever, there is only ONE pantheon, and ONE teaching. HOWEVER, this doesn't mean each religion doesn't have its features or characteristics that suit one person and not another.

Find your religion. Build it yourself from all credible Esoteric Literature you can find.
I know what you mean. And the really first religion in the world what I know atm is the PIE religion. And maybe before that there were even older religions. And I am kind of drawn into the Proto-Indo-European (PIE) religion too. But I don't believe that Yahweh is the creator. Maybe there is a creator of this physical universe, but just not Yahweh. But I am not sure and I still prefer to wait until scientists will tell a 100% sure thing that's not a theory but it's about how did this universe appear.