Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 02-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #51
Loganonekenobi

Default eastern magic

Thank you Djin.
I have been piecing together a set of asanas to chakra immaging. I start with the Muladhara and then continue in sequence up to the Sahasrara. So far I have used open and closing poses that specificly target each area physicaly in tune with the imagery.
All of this after i cast the circle but at this point without any directional entities. then I center in 1/2 lotus.

The hope is that i can align everything to make positive change within myself both physicaly and mentaly (emotional/spiritual). This in order to cause the change to start with in me so as to then affect the world around me. after doing the alignments (to the tune of ambient thought provoking music) I then sit and do the visual of changing myself for the better. It often ends up me reliving past problems that i try to understand in order to work through them.
Music is important to my work as it provokes a stronger feeling. All the while trying to engage some pranayama breathing.
This isn't full of the usual ritual tools of western magic but i do wonder if i should put some in this type of ritual to bring about a stronger change. Also if you have other eastern traditions i can look up like qui gong let me know of some good online or book sources that aren't totally hokey.
Loganonekenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:56 PM   #52
Djinn and juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganonekenobi View Post
Thank you Djin.
I have been piecing together a set of asanas to chakra immaging. I start with the Muladhara and then continue in sequence up to the Sahasrara. So far I have used open and closing poses that specificly target each area physicaly in tune with the imagery.
All of this after i cast the circle but at this point without any directional entities. then I center in 1/2 lotus.

The hope is that i can align everything to make positive change within myself both physicaly and mentaly (emotional/spiritual). This in order to cause the change to start with in me so as to then affect the world around me. after doing the alignments (to the tune of ambient thought provoking music) I then sit and do the visual of changing myself for the better. It often ends up me reliving past problems that i try to understand in order to work through them.
Music is important to my work as it provokes a stronger feeling. All the while trying to engage some pranayama breathing.
This isn't full of the usual ritual tools of western magic but i do wonder if i should put some in this type of ritual to bring about a stronger change. Also if you have other eastern traditions i can look up like qui gong let me know of some good online or book sources that aren't totally hokey.
Wow, very impressive, I wish I was that disciplined. I'm not sure I can be of much help, I don't have that level of study and experience, but a few things come to mind.

You could try working a classic ritual structure into what your doing. Start with Qabbalistic cross, LBRP, cast the circle, then incorporate the middle pillar into your chakra imaging. There's also a form of Runic Yoga called Rune Stadhagaldr (try saying that after a few beers!) that you might be interested in checking out, it might have a few bits you can take from it
http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/stadha.html

Check out Rune Valdr, which is Rune Reiki. Unfortunately I've lost a really good bookmark I had that explained it all perfectly, but a google search brings up plenty of options to hunt through.

This is a great book. I'm gutted cos I just found it free online just now, and I paid for it! Here ya go http://ssoc.selfip.com:81/1915__de_l...agical_art.pdf

I hope that's of some help, my experience is more the Folk magicks of that part of the world, and work with the Djinn and Khodam, but as I'm sure you know, magick and religion in this sense is one and the same. I lack the dedication you have shown to Yoga and meditation, and I applaud you for it. Good luck with everything
Djinn and juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #53
magick

Default What Is Magic? (part 2) - Spoken by Alan Moore (Video)

If you wish to chat them PM Me.

Magick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTPaQZHpVII
magick is offline   Reply With Quote