Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Aleister Crowley, Thelema, Crowleyanity, Abrahadabra Discuss anything about the single greatest force in promulgating magick of all time, The Great Beast (Master Therion), a.k.a. V.V.V.V.V (Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici -- "While still living, I have conquered the universe by dint of truth.") and Perdurabo ("I Will endure unto the end.")

Old 04-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
nytek

The Secret Rituals of the OTO by Francis King

Just something I've managed to munge up from google using boolean query recently that I've suddenly decided to share with you here.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
Nion

Send a message via ICQ to Nion

You said munge, and I thought mung. It's terrible that my new entertainment sourcebook is urbandictionary.com . What can I say, I like all the low humor. My latest findings were for the word, skrunt. As much of it, the word is indicative of how terribly we can/do treat each other at times. That's a great link though. Duely bookmarked.

"I came, I saw - that kicked ass."
Nion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
Esi_nerab

THERE ARE NO SECRET RITUALS OF THE OTO.

Really.

Go away now.

Nothing more to be seen here.

Esi_nerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
Nion

<object width="297" height="245"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0i8sQnPfDh0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0i8sQnPfDh0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="297" height="245"></embed></object>

Yeah, you knew that was coming didn't you? Dunt dunt dunn ..

Old 04-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
Nion

.<object width="297" height="245"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MXGAif4dKhs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MXGAif4dKhs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="297" height="245"></embed></object>

<object width="297" height="245"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fd3a189vcVc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fd3a189vcVc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="297" height="245"></embed></object>

Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
nytek

<div class="quote"><div class="quoting">Quoting: Esi_nerab</div>THERE ARE NO SECRET RITUALS OF THE OTO.</div>

This is a joke I think. But I don't know ...

So you might be otherwise contesting the matter and truth of the title as if to assert similar authority to do the same thing over the entire domain of the book itself. I just love blanket statements. Certain ones probably made without so much as reading it too. Am I right about that? You didn't assert otherwise to make someone think it was more than a passing comment. And until your prove otherwise your credibility is nil.

Besides ... Does it even matter if they're &quot;secret&quot; or not? Being secret as you refer to whatever &quot;secret&quot; might mean to you, now, in your mind? Because the word secret is still logically applicable to the title (which I'll prove).

And really to make me do this, in proving it, that would just be hair splitting on your part. And hair splitting and nit picking can be more than just a little annoying, if a person chose to take your conduct in that light. But hey. Maybe you &quot;secretly&quot; do have a good reason for making this point ... a point which you have yet to successfully elucidate I note. Or maybe it's just a careless joke.

I don't likely look at it from your view anyway if you're serious. For one, I might even be said to agree with you, somewhat, in my thinking that I happen to feel that the only secret element of the book is that the title is as a nod to the fact that the book is wholly encoded in symbolism anyway. Anyone who's actually glanced at the words in the book would get that right away. You might understand why. Or maybe not.

So I mean that it's only secret in the sense that you'd have to turn the dross to gold to solve the secrets behind the words that hide them. In the same sense that all mysteries are kept secrets until brought into light of the initiate. And not secret in a sense otherwise noted. This interpretation of mine makes much more sense overall than this apparent statement alleging the false claims of secrecy you infer the book to possess, or perhaps might have otherwise posited subtlety elsewhere.

To that end, if it's a misinterpretation on your behalf like I might be lead to assume it is, then it's only your fault for assuming anything in the book is held to be secret in the sense of how an item can be be hidden and locked away in a vault or something.

So, responding this way, I potentially say, &quot;No, Esi. You go away&quot;. lol

Or, and this is just an open suggestion to you, Esi. Because I think you're smart enough to listen. If you were serious ... Then in the future when responding to my posts, you might actually want to say something that attempts to be informative rather than attempting to be trite and snubbing.

You don't have to answer that assertion. But still. What gives?

nytek

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Old 04-16-2009, 12:13 AM   #7
nytek

I mean seriously, Esi. Are you really not capable of seeing how potentially annoying it is to someone to make an open ended claim like that about the subject of my thread? And then to tell people to avoid reading it because of that? If that's a joke I'd expect to see some indicator since the internet hides tonality. And you understand that.

So I'm also in part assuming you really are positing that people shouldn't read the book without saying why. And again, you do this without mentioning if you've even read the book or had even heard of it.

I'm just wondering if you really understand that much of my point of view even now. Because otherwise--if it turns out you don't want to play nicely--then you're just polluting my thread.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 04-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
nytek

In retrospect I still really hope what you said was meant as a joke or something like how nions videos were meant to be a play on the word secret. heh

I've seen your posts elsewhere and I know you're likely too smart to say something so destructive so casually, so for you I'll maintain the benefit of the doubt despite my sounding off against the potential misunderstanding anyway.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 04-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #9
nytek

And nion, now that you mention it, what's a skrunt? That does sound bad.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 04-16-2009, 02:51 AM   #10
Nion

Uber bad, Frater Nescire es Deum Scire .. (did I say that right?)

Skrunt - a skanky cunt 2. a dirty lowly woman 3. a dirty lowly person of either sex, perhaps thought doubly insulting to a male as it implies they're a biznatch 4. perhaps spelled with a C instead of a K. , m.night shyamalan's horrific creature similar to (maybe) a werewolf ~ believed to have evolved into language/English by route of the Caribbean.

sentence: &quot;Please, clean your skrunt first, it looks like a bowl of syphelous soup.&quot;
sentence 2: &quot;Your girlfriend is a total skrunt and so are you.&quot;
sentence 3: &quot;Don't be drinking up all my rum, even though you are a filthy skrunt!&quot;
sentence 4: &quot;The scrunt jumped out the window and tore the coachman's face off.&quot;

~

I have yet another weakness .. if someone asks for something which could be disgusting they get it. It's like saying no to peanut brittle.

But .. I seriously doubt Esi was attempting to surpress people or anything. I would almost bet he was trying to get people interested. I do remember though, that he's appeared a careful student/teacher as he's mentioned the importance of any proof, needing to be a repeatable experience.

Nytek, Iza and Esi, I just got my copy of Holy Books of Thelema back and I've been stuck in it! Reading some things over and over, if I have a big question or two woudl it be okay to talk with you somewhere in this big pretty site of pinkness? I have the Equinox books, but they're so heavy I dont like to read from them - I swear they'll bend your forearms.
And, get this, my other buddy is almost done with Diary of a Drug Fiend. I only got to read it once and people were wanting to borrow it.

Iza, I am loving your book, I'm rereading it too &amp; trying to make use of all its many prompts for me to study.