Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick rituals, guides, and lessons A place to post rituals, guides, lessons, and FAQs, by me and anyone else who wants to contribute and start their own threads. Experts in any area of magick are welcome.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
panskid

Default where do you face when performing ur rites

like for an example the lbrp do you face the rising of the sun to mark out the eastern direction?
panskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
ceewayne

Hello

For the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, you start facing East.

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
ceewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Anubis

Because of the layout of my room, I face north for most rituals and rites that don't involve rotation, like the Gnostic T-bolt.

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
asancta

Quote:
Originally Posted by panskid View Post
like for an example the lbrp do you face the rising of the sun to mark out the eastern direction?
I do not perform LBRP ...I use other methods for banishing and cleaning that do not need specific sun points.I 'm more of a kaote...
asancta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
wartyg96

Always east or, south... Then again, Sun worship kicks ass!!!

Glorius art thou, Thine lady behind the Veil of Purity, Queen of the silvered waters, Shining in the heavens as the Celestial Serpent!
Great, is the Goddesses Kebetchet

Hail to thy name, Thy Jackal of the mountain, Seasoned traveller of the Heavens, Prince of the gates and keeper of mine heart, Hail to thou, lord of the true twilight!
Great is the Name, Anpu

Infinite is thine light, She whom cries in the wrath of spirit, Divine justice, lady of the ever burning flame eternal, Beautiful is she of the red deserts, Eternal is her Greatness, Hail to thou, Lady of Justice
Eternally, thou art Sekhmet!

Oh Thou neteru, Mine masters behold that ectasy be induced at the thought of thy names within the heart of thine disciple!
wartyg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
myst moonlight

I face the direction of each element as I invoke them

By night heís the wild windís rider,
The Horníd One, the Lord of the shades,
By day heís the King of the Woodlands,
The dweller in green forest glades.

She is youthful or old as she pleases,
She sails the torn clouds in her barque,
The bright silver lady of midnight,
The crone who weaves spells in the dark.
myst moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #7
wartyg96

Just curious Myst, whats your daily routine? In terms of occult practice, lol. Not asking about personal life (Although I guess you can't get anymore personal)

Glorius art thou, Thine lady behind the Veil of Purity, Queen of the silvered waters, Shining in the heavens as the Celestial Serpent!
Great, is the Goddesses Kebetchet

Hail to thy name, Thy Jackal of the mountain, Seasoned traveller of the Heavens, Prince of the gates and keeper of mine heart, Hail to thou, lord of the true twilight!
Great is the Name, Anpu

Infinite is thine light, She whom cries in the wrath of spirit, Divine justice, lady of the ever burning flame eternal, Beautiful is she of the red deserts, Eternal is her Greatness, Hail to thou, Lady of Justice
Eternally, thou art Sekhmet!

Oh Thou neteru, Mine masters behold that ectasy be induced at the thought of thy names within the heart of thine disciple!
wartyg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
Quakestars

Send a message via Skype™ to Quakestars

Default Mostly west or south

Seriously we ought to look up in a table which element the one to be invoked belongs to. For instance Marbas is under Air and a subject of Amaymon. As I recall from my intermediate training, East is the direction you invoke Gabriel so it is for Air elementals.
Glasya-Labolas is under Fire and his Lord is Goap.
Now in Australia the hot winds blow from the North so we could say North is the right direction for him.
Gusion is the elemental most mysterious he can answer your question perfectly no matter how badly you ask it. He is under Ziminiar and is a Water elemental. You would invoke him to the West.
Sitri is under Gorson and therefore an Earth elemental and that has to do with cold and in Australia that means you invoke him in the South.
I used to invoke Vine in the South see what that could cause;
Well I can see why that might have made Flauros materialize. Vine is to die for so sweet a nature. He is meant to be called West. I think I still call him but now North. The 72 Goetia are usually organized into 4 tables 18 each. Each is under one of the Lords, Amaymon Goap Ziminiar or Gorson, for Air Fire Water and Earth respectively.
I don't mind unintended materializations and the smell of baby poo they cause, but maybe you can avoid such distractions keep the one you summon in relation to North (heat, fire) South (cold, earth) East (air, like wind typically from the ocean,) or West (rain, water etc).
So you find which table they are in and that gives you a direction to do the summoning.
Quakestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:00 AM   #9
VKJehannum

I always face Northward, because that's direction of Evil in Hebrew mysticism and the direction of the underworld in Zoroastrian belief. Modern literature also cites north as being the direction of what is harsh, and a text on planetary magick I read purports that the direction of North is attributed to Saturn, and I view Saturn as being the astrological "source" of what is infernal.

Essays on Demonolatry, Vampyrism, Hebdomadry, Meditation, and more.
https://vkjehannum.wordpress.com/
VKJehannum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:03 AM   #10
Quakestars

Send a message via Skype™ to Quakestars

Arrow Rites direction

I always face West to the Setting Sun. This is a bit Atlantean. The exception seems to be invocations of Lucifer for that I am just trying to work it out. North I suppose. I get precognitions from the South and meditate usually towards the East but in this house I seem to do everything to the West. There are no East facing Windows.

If you want to feel in control face East. If it is just going to happen on top of you face West. North seems to give power and South seems to give foreknowledge and Destiny. Maybe if you would like people to visit face West if you want to make a plan face East if you have to study face North if you want to plan a holiday face South. The cardinal points have a lot to do with what happens mentally, physically, and spiritually.
Quakestars is offline   Reply With Quote