Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Sex, Drugs, and Magick Lions & eagles, romance & elixirs, submission & control, blood & ecstasy, solvents & coagulants, serenity & loss of a personal soul....

Old 02-19-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
nytek

This is for all people; beginners and those who have a conception of their paths already. Recently, I'd discovered a link between regular magick and sex magick; they are almost the same thing! I was originally going to come here and post what I'd found ... but "something" told me I shouldn't. Not that you are too squeamish ... something just said to wait until now.

And last night, as I lay in bed clearing my mind for approaching sleep, a light dawned in my mind; a lightbulb went off; whatever you call the process when an idea hits you like a wet towel and you stop what you're doing and write it down before you lose it forever. And in doing so, I went to bed, smiling because I knew I was finally ready to share what I'd been given.

I'd studied sex magick in the past but like many I was always feeling as if there were a missing ingredient. For me, this is that ingredient. Though one must already understand the significance of the Sign of Ra Hoor Khuit, and the Sign of Hoor Paar Kraat from their experience in the LBRP, for example, and also in the rest of magick.

To summarize, because I'm not one to tease unless I think it will yield one's own gnosis thereby, know that the sign of projection is for charging a magickal image, or talisman here, in such a case as this rhetorical one I'm presenting here.

The sign of HPK is for releasing that energy charged mentally created item into the unconscious. Anyone who has manifested anything is already familiar with that part of the process without being familiar with the signs that represent it. It's a unique sensation to emotionally detach completely from the thing you were just focusing on intently with all your channeled will. Or so the astute should be able to see. Steep comparison ...

Anyone unfamiliar with magick will not benefit from trying this; they will likely mislead themselves ... at best ... depending on their intent and the context of the ritual. If regular magick is naturally aspirated; then sex magick is supercharged when properly performed all the way through. If you catch my drift ... if you're drifting with me ... deeper into an understanding shaped by metaphor in your mind.

That said, Jose Silva explains this (in part) such as I'll share with you from a story about an experience a student of his had in some restaurant one day. Long story short, that day, a student of his asked to sit with him after a lecture at dinner. The student proceeded to ask in so many words, "Jose, please tell me about the unconscious."

Jose, obliged, dipped his finger into his glass of water and drew a line in water on the table. He said, "you are on this side; call it side B. Side B is your every day consciousness."

Then, Jose tapped the other side of the line. He said, "This is side A; this is the unconscious we all have access to. The secret is learning how to lower the wall; how to get from side B over to side A ..."

Now this is a great piece in itself ... but keeping that in mind ... here is the skeleton of a basic sex magick ritual for anyone who had been curious but confused. It's my hope that this will start your own research and experiments:

0) Prepare your temple, banish, and open temple accordingly.

1) Start your physical stimulation with mental stimulation (for autofocal), or with assistance of other magickian(s) (for duofocal and duofocal+)

2) Once you've reached the point where you don't need mental stimulation to continue with the physical, a person would proclaim the ritual has started. This is where you switch from love to Love.

Even just for a sacrifice in itself (making an offering), Gods will typically not even touch the "fast food" quality energy of lust. So just as "lust for result" will kill your regular magick. Lust will also kill the results of your sex magick if improperly used. Think of this Love more as prayer then; think of orgasm more as release and a blessing, in that case. But I digress, for:

The magickian proclaims:
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"
"This is a ritual for X/to obtain the result of X/etc."

3) The R.H.K. phase is similar to the normal charging of the mental talisman or sigil, except you charge the image forcefully with sexual energy guided by your will, now. There is no easy way to explain how to intensify and project one's will. I hope beginners will forgive me for that particular non-elaboration on my part. The right tool in the wrong hands is useless. You must find your own method through experimentation like I have.

But finally doing that properly will instantly create an intense, very likely even visceral, focus on your goal; a sensation that is a guidepost that shows things are going properly. Don't be surprised if the image likely becomes bigger, brighter, and/or more vivid, more real, & more external through the process, only as fast as it swells with the force of your guided will. In fact, you can start to imagine that your mental image is part of external reality. And really make it objective the best you can, because you're trying to manifest something. If you don't believe it's here than it isn't.

Practice this feeling of willing something by doing opposite things and meditatively observing the effects it has on your consciousness; the strain; the duality of focus on the motion; 'perceived' or not.

An example of such an exercise could and would be to have someone give you a skin separating massage, which is like a full body indian burn, while trying not to flinch. Or perhaps to not say the word, "I", for a period of 24 hours under self-imposed punishment of rubber band snap or pinch on the tough part of the forearm. Crowley used razors for this. But ... If that's not your speed right now, then you can be silly, and say something mean sounding while using a happy voice. Or say something silly while trying to emotionally express sadness. You're going to notice a tugging in your third eye ... in the center of your head ... it's like a pressure sometimes. Othertimes it feels like you're mentally flexing your third eye "muscle"; those who know ... will undoubtedly know. And see this with new clarity if they hadn't thought of it already themselves.

This developed ability involves bypassing belief in the conceptually permanent physical dominance of your reality. Understanding the underlying astral in it's relation to the physical through ritual is important ... which again can all appear very confusing the first times you read this ... I know.

4) You will eventually reach a point where this image can no longer be felt to become further charged. Hold this image in your mind and continue your ritual.

4a) Focused firmly on this image, provoke the orgasm to start. Invoke the form of Hoor Paar Kraat over yourself as you do so. View the image/sigil still, but now you're viewing it through the eyes of HPK ... you will quickly become detached or perfectly neutral towards the scene/sigil ... becoming even as a "silent watcher" toward it in all ways. You will understand.

5) When you are close to feeling perfectly neutral about the scene/sigil, a person then would utter the words which seal the deal. "ABRAHADABRA", or something of a similar nature should do just fine for this purpose.

It's important to say this not too early; but only at the determined "right time". Uttering the word will completely break the thread that invoking HPK helped to weaken, returning you close to normal consciousness more or less. Your image will fade away into blackness of unconscious and thus furthermore into manifestation ... the air changes a little. The mind feels stirred to movement.

6) End the ritual, saying, "Love is the law, Love under will. This operation is complete and the temple is now closed". [make sign of rending veil].

7) Banish. And go about your day, not wondering whether it will work or not. Because you should know if it was a success or a failure right away.

Once again ... this is by no means THEE ONLY WAY to do things -- just one way of turning theory into practice to demonstrate the theory. Good luck.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
nytek

I was reading this over on a separate day ... today ... when I'd happened to suddenly realize that toward the end of that post I'd really meant to say, "make sign of closing rended veil".

Instead of what I'd actually put, which I was thinking about adding in earlier in the top of the ritual but didn't because it was implied. And so it came out accidentally at the bottom in the form of an unconscious slip up. Whoops.

So this is a good place to see why you should always be careful when following instructions from somebody else (think loose guide instead). This is, in part, because oversights might have made despite the author being well intentioned, as seen here in such a case.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Old 02-21-2009, 02:46 AM   #3
nytek

I had just finished banishing, and was about to lay down in my favorite asana, when it dawned on me that I'd taken something else I'd posted here for granted. This association I'm about to reveal will undoubtedly help certain people to better understand the transition or crossover of magickal symbolism experienced, or so I feel.

The sign of Hoor Paar Kraat is ended with a forceful sucking in of air and a quick stomping of the foot. Yes? Now those two actions (sucking in/stomping), in context, are tantamount to the very notion of saying "ABRAHADABRA", or such, after one has reached the phase of invoking the godform of HPK (only astrally) ... as noted in the above ritual skeleton which you see I've posted. The fact that you cannot physically make the sign makes it harder to accomplish without at least a level of comfort gained in experience through performing the LBRP.

Enjoy.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 02-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
leophoenix

Oh please! Sex Magick is lust. -Ask Azazel
leophoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
nytek

Well, that's a very simple definition which doesn't make any clear points about what you believe. Having said that ... way to find an exception to the loose rule I proposed certain situations to call for. If that's really your goal in saying so. I'd only mentioned it all to lead up to my final point since most people are inexperienced in such things here. Without such easily countered details of opinion about lust then most would not likely be able to use the information I took the time to provide, unless they had experience already, like you. Which would then make it quite useless to share in the eyes of the majority. No?

And those on here with skill should be able to ignore the former and focus primarily on the latter idea in my mind. Of course like you I'm sure there are circumstances unlike the general ones I've listed where different aspects or modes of sexuality are embraced in sex magick depending on your goal and your philosophies. Still I think you misunderstand me somehow.

I never said it wasn't lust or that it didn't involve lust at all for that matter ... I said there is a carnal lust charging phase in my theory heavily focused on this aspect of lust you likely mention, being in itself a preparatory phrase which you'll notice must be guided and transferred ... which I've taken the time to write about.

Most of the writing about lust was a preface to help people understand the skeleton outline, if you missed that and if others have missed that as well. And the skeleton is there to illustrate the third, or "Hoor Paar Kraat phase" of the sex magick working, specifically.

The second phase in the process builds off the first carnal and aimless phase of raising energy. Then, in part two, it can involve initiating almost prayer like Love (being like unto lust as more here than a complementary). It is the application of the raised lust toward one's goal thus making it distinct in nature. Trump XI told me, "Though lust alone are mountains moved". And I don't think it meant carnal lust moves mountains but what lies underneath lust; the desire that fuels emotions.

This stage II is like unto burning incense metaphorically. It is high love, or high "lust" (if you prefer the term lust so much and must), being guided by your focused will... with the weight of "Stage I" behind it at this point. I did not mean to maximize one aspect over another to make my point. There are other forms of lust that a person can guide than the Jupiterian form which is good for Celestial works. Lust for carnal union with a God and see how mislead you are being that they are formless and without true gender. Granted everyone can find an exception it's generally useless to find the "but" and "what if" answers.

This second phase is very much built off the carnal lust of the first act as I said then ... and not directly related to the aimless lust of the first section though similar in nature. If you're working with the Gods in my experience then this is generally the way to go. Naturally this scenario might not always be the case for a person; one where you'd need such a Jupiterian vibe. I find this vibe the best to recommend here in context. But the vibe might not be useful for certain terrestrial workings.

Though again, the union and then detachment parts are that which I was actually writing about. And I really don't want to talk about this aspect with you again. I don't want to recommend anything to beginners except that which I feel will bear them fruit. If you want to help out, and post something you feel is useful, then to that end go right ahead.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 02-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
nytek

However, if you were through your work, seeking to obtain a sex partner instead, then one could go ask Sitri about love and Love; being he who balances one where there is a difference between that and it's other. And thus a different form of lust would likely be used toward that end. It's all lust ... again nobody intended that it wasn't.

There are many aspects of love and how they might be used, leo. I only addressed the concepts I am experienced with as a loose guide. It does little good to write a book on sex magick that covers everything from every angle here on izabael.com. Naturally that leaves me open to little comments ... like yours. But likewise, and on the contrary I wish you'd elaborate in the future should you respond, again.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 02-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #7
nytek

To simply actively desire something is not very complete in itself. You might disagree. Though I agree that it's necessary as a part it is not the whole. I'm not really sure what you're getting at if so. The focused or higher lust is lust in a different viewpoint than the casual or typical viewpoint of carnal sex and thus produces a different effect on consciousness providing union with the idea that much easier. That was my point. Semantics aside it's not as simple as,
"get horny about your goal or desired outcome". Again, being my point, regardless of your semantics.

Because keeping that in mind ... then regardless how you create the build up ... the end of the ritual is the most magickal part. No matter what you did before then or how you came to it ... Without the methods in the end being used to unite and detach then you have merely been consciously fantasizing aimlessly; willed or not. And that was the main point of my message. Not to split hairs over what lust is and isn't with you. Understand?

There is a place for building lust ... and it must be carried over through the second half of most rituals where you are aiming it at your goal.

The lusting (in whatever sense) merely draws back the arrow of desire in one's proverbial bow, loosely speaking. Lust is not the entire process and that would hardly be a secret if it were. It is the part which makes the rest possible; momentum. So you're right in your own way, and you can be said to agree with me in another.

Thus to me, Lust is not sex magick in itself, like you say, even if it's defined by it. Again, if that's really your point because you've said so little about your ideas. Morever, if you really mean to tell us what sex magick is and isn't objectively.

Unless you were coyly referring it in the sense of ATU XI in an below-above sense, which I don't necessarily think is the case here just yet, because you'd be agreeing with me if so.

However, there is love and there is Love ... lust is love, curiosity is love, Love is love, and there is almost no difference barring semantics. It is a gravity of sorts. So I only meant to say that in most cases base lust is going to get you stuck before manifestation. Though naturally, it depends on what you're attracting and why as well as how.

Regardless ... barring that I don't particularly have the desire to ask Azazel anything since you're the one who came out here and said it (doesn't make much sense to me why I would) ... that in mind would you care to actually elaborate your established opinion for the group as I have hereby tried to do myself? Or did you merely mean to refute my statement while bragging about Azazel in your life? I'm not accusing you. It's just what I thought at first. Thus I'm asking to explain yourself in hopes that you will.

You can go ask Sekhmet if that's the case. It makes sense to me with her being the source of kundalini and also the balanced or righteous queen of death (death also in terms of as above; so below -- N.O.X.). I have no clue what Azazel has told you because you haven't even hinted. Not to the specifics of what you allude to, and me not knowing anything about Azazel myself. It would have been nice of you.

I can specifically say that Sekhmet, on the other hand, has told me in no uncertain terms that the quality of taking carnal lust energy and diverting it to a goal at the last minute is typically poor because your focus is not held for very long on your desire or goal in such a case as only focusing on lust and fantasy ... thus the will is not activated very much in your doing so. Again, this does not include all philosophies nor does it attack specifically one. It is merely not enough to dedicate orgasm to a concept; one must guide will to implant the idea in the unconscious.

For illustrative example, Sekhmet has shown me insight into this ability by guiding me through dialogue into questions that provoke strong emotional responses (RHK phase) about, and then immediately inducing an alpha state (HPK phase), where the idea then seems to slip away into the back of my mind, becoming small and distant, and in NLP terms forming a suggestion. Thus speaking directly to the unconscious without conscious interference.

In such a case as this I've mentioned, the idea was to remember something important when I got home. Sekhmet appeared in my mind's eye and pushed the emotionally charged thought back, as it slipped into the back of my mental space and I detached and even forgot all about it. I knew I'd remember though. The idea becomes implanted in the mind and is triggered later (in this example) when I saw the computer which triggered it. Much like when you try to figure out somebody's name and it comes to you only later as a shock. Though this example is not directly related to sex magick, it illustrated the actual principle I was discussing so it would do well to discuss it.

Not that I don't invite constructive criticism, nor should I mind it ... but would you mind explaining your reasoning as well if you take the time to disagree in some way? I don't know about everyone else but I came here to read and to discuss intelligently. If you really can't see why I don't really like that kind of answer from a person on a forum ... You know? It doesn't really add anything new or interesting to the conversation. Nice to make your acquaintance anyway though, leo.

brother nytek the scorpio

--C.G. JUNG

Old 03-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
nytek

I haven't heard back from you since your post, leo. Is this to mean we've reached a humble silent agreement betwixt gentlemen on this somewhat fatigued subject still left at hand? Or what?

Regardless, I saw just a moment ago, in The Equinox, Vol. 1 No. IX, a text called, "Energized Enthusiasm". Here I cite this excerpt on the subject of sex and magick from it as follows:

"It is the casual or habitual --- what Christ called "idle" --- use or rather abuse of these [sexual] forces which constitutes their profanation. It will further be obvious that, if the act in itself is to be the sacrament in a religious ceremony, this act must be accomplished solely for the love of God. All personal considerations must be banished utterly. Just as any priest can perform the miracle of transubstantiation, so can any man, possessing the necessary qualifications, perform this other miracle, whose nature must form the subject of a subsequent discussion."

"[The magickian's] Personal aims being destroyed, it is "a fortiori" necessary to neglect social and other similar considerations. Physical strength and beauty are necessary and desirable for aesthetic reasons, the attention of the worshipers being liable to distraction if the celebrants are ugly, deformed, or incompetent."

However ...

"I need hardly emphasize the necessity for the strictest self-control and concentration on their part. As it would be blasphemy to enjoy the gross taste of the wine of the sacrament, so must the celebrant suppress even the minutest manifestation of animal pleasure."

"Needless also to insist on a similar quality in the assistants; the sexual excitement must be suppressed and transformed into its religious equivalent."

As I'd said, I just found this text a moment ago, having skipped it in my previous readings from what I can tell, but it is very close in essence to what point I was trying to make all along in my own magickal experience, taken in context as such.

Points, which I note in your absence, that you'd failed to address with your own experiences as any kind of refutation. For better or for worse ... that was.

That tidbit firmly in mind, I still do look forward to reading your explanation some day, still ... should you be lurking around here somewhere still, in fact.

In N.O.X.: Both Black and Clear
To Her, At Last, I came: Me,
Frater N.'.D.'.S.'.: Of Secret Rose & Flashing Flame, truly.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 03-21-2009, 05:52 AM   #9
nytek

Still reading along a few chapters at a time today, here I came upon this piece of a fortiori excellence in light of prior quotation:

Energized Enthusiasm: Equinox Vol. I:No. IX
From Chapter X.:

"It is, indeed, of the first importance for the celebrant in any phallic rite to be able to complete the act without even once allowing a sexual or sensual thought to invade his mind. The mind must be as absolutely detached from one's own body as it is from another person's."

So leo. Thus far, going over the quotes from this post and the last, anyone can see that I do agree with you that sex magick is lust, one way or the other. Though I would rather say Sex Magick is the skilled use of Lust.

Though, and again, I also vehemently but respectfully disagree with you as well. Which would be impossible to miss.

Mainly I do disagree on the point that you feel one can paint this entire category of art with such a broad tipped brush as yours, speaking metaphorically. If I haven't been specific enough already ... The simplicity of the phrase risks turning the esoteric meanings of the phallic Maypole rite and proceeding orgies into just some swanky spit-roast.

To just say so flippantly, "Oh please. Sex magick is lust.", to me, is also a bit like saying, "Oh please. Driving a car is combustion". This, if indeed "love is to fuel", as fuel is to combustion. While always requiring that the so-called fuel, being love, to also necessarily be combusted under will. And that is an understatement of an SAT style analogy if I say so myself.

You see ... it's just not that simple for a person to say ... even though you've apparently got the right idea behind you. Thanks in part to Azazel, as you say, no doubt. But still.

--C.G. JUNG

Old 03-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #10
Ahrazura

Send a message via Yahoo to Ahrazura

All,
I would posit from what I have come to experience that lust, and all of what is looked on as sinful, should be examined on the personal level. Is it not true that to work the best Magick one should strive to understand the self at every level, both inner and out. To go within is to enter a world that is not subject to any natural law that the pre-leaper could ever understand. It is my opinion that a truer self can be found by sexual Magick whereby the total self is laid open for self evaluation.
As to sex Magick being used to 'fire' of a spell or working, I also think it is one of the best methods.

Best wishes,
Ahrazuea
Ahrazura is offline   Reply With Quote