Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick & Mayhem Any and all magickal or occult topics (that don't have their own specific forum). This is not limited to: tarot, alchemy, Hermeticism, astrology, Aldous Huxley, H.P. Lovecraft, crystals, C.G. Jung, Kenneth Anger, Anton LaVey, Robert Anton Wilson, Carlos Castaneda, geomancy, and Ouija boards.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
Nion

Send a message via ICQ to Nion

Okay, so astral travel is one thing, right. We're mostly familiar with it,
the conciousness of the person travels outside the body to perceive 'near reality' along with astral emitions (thoughtforms) - along with, the myriad of possible 'doorways' into different types of existence. For example, what your perceptions undergo when you find a tree or a place deep within the Earth, that you're welcome in. I am by no means an expert,
but I've had a transfer of conciousness a time or two. Sometimes, it's actually easier for me to just concentrate on another place & see it and what's going on there than actually literally transfer conciousness there.

But, regardless of all that, have any of you ever actually seen another
person take ghostly form? That's what I call it anyway. It's really very curious. There's a certain person I know who does this, once in a while. She just becomes translucent. I actually can't really tell if it's just some sort of perception spell she's throwing at me, to make me think I see her like that .. or what. It really does create a lot of curiousity though.

Being that I am getting a little older now, I find that there are still many mysteries & while I've got a good line of speculation for it ~ I still have a curiousity on how I get to the point of doing that.

"I came, I saw - that kicked ass."
Nion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
Esi_nerab

I've seen strange things in my long life, but only sporadically. It seems to difficult to reproduce the truly remarkable phenomena, such as someone taking "ghostly form."

Do you see things like a lot or is this first time?

EN@EM196

Esi_nerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
Nion

A few people I was in 'in between time' with did this. That's what I'd meant earlier about black Friday being weird. Not only did I get pulled in/go to, 'in between time' a few people were being ghostly & one was
even zipping around all over the place - a whole lot faster than Ive ever thought about moving. It actually wasn't a mind shattering experience or anything - just enough to make me say 'that's weird'. But, the ghostly form thing, yeah .. what is it? I mean, how can someone just do that?
It would just have to be technology, right?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #4
Nion

Man, I've had almost no luck in getting answers about this from others. It is, as I suspected, I'm affraid. It will likely turn out to be some act of high magick - but there is the possibility this is some of that 'no count' vampire magick, that is 'supposedly' easy to deal with. Many may not believe in the capabilities of a psi-vamp, but I can tell you first hand - it's definitely not something to overlook. Some individuals in that predicament seem to have a blazing iron will & the sanguines I've met, haven't all been the 'club kid' variety. There have been at least two who were interesting.

It's only now that I'm realizing how many times something very out of the 'ordinary' has happened in my life. Yet, now that it's all adding up, and I'm finally beginning to see a few of the key players in whatever kind of expression this world is offering me; above all I am still stricken by
the arrival of a few specific heralds.

Yeah, now that I think back to previous times - it's almost strange that I had forgotten. I've actually entered this state twice, before. Yes, usually it's with a partner of some kind & typically they have some lesson for me.
Sure, like almost all occult matters, I'm probably breaking some convention even talking about it - especially before I fully understand it.
Crowley, would be pissed, no doubt.

Before I ever really started to practice seriously, that is, before any daily routine of prayer & ceremony .. there were two occurances. The first time, I didn't really even notice or care too awful much when I saw the person enter the ghostly state. It almost seemed natural to learn how to move with them. Like astral travel, when the body has no weight, and no friction from physical reality - it's pretty easy to move quicklly. As such, my concentration was limited to holding this shape for but a few minutes - even with this help, introducing me to the state. I took advantage of inner desires to be a crazy show off though while I was entering a house we were going to.

When things parted, normal, however - I basically iced over mentally. This has happened to me quite a few times, unfortunately. It would seem, as though, it's stopped now. I have finally, become the type of magician that's 'normal' - these blatant and rampant occurances of stuff that's so praternatural no longer totally flip my lid. Funny that, it almost seems like the more excited one gets - the easier it is to forget something 'different'. Heh. Maybe one of my teenage rivals simply busted out a bad-memory hex on me & it's been kicking my ass for years. *shrug*

See, when I saw this again, I really did start thinking: 'okay, someone's got holo-projectors & is messing with me'. Yeah, that just sounds so 'every day', huh? Well, remember now, I'm fairly certain that it's safe to say, I'm a certafiable nut-case. So, you can all take this with a grain of salt - but, it's something that certainly rouses my curiousity. I think that I seriously need to find the one specific book on a particular Pagan tradition again. With all the damn time magick, I'm seeing all over the place - here in this area - it's no small wonder whatsoever that I've had a Satyr walk out from a sudden hole in the wall in the middle of my most previous attempt to visit a church, in order to humor a friend. Yeah, he liked the people around, but the giant crucifix with suffering boy nailed to it in agony pissed him off. About a week ago, my house looked like a goddam luciferi convention in the middle of a STNG 'Q' marathon.
Gloworms everywhere!

I swear .. if I see one more flash of light, I'm just going to stab someone! People just never want me to take a nap. LOL.
I'm old, I'm lazy, I'm cranky & I don't care if your mother was a lightning bug - let me sleep!

Old 03-29-2008, 04:21 AM   #5
Izabael DaJinn

Wow Nion. What can I say? Either you are fully engulfed in the astral plane or you are partially schizo......maybe there is no difference. I've often thought schizophrenic people are just people trapped between one dimension and the next....

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
Nion

Yeah, the thought that I'm just losing my mind has been fairly persistent. I mean, I have never heard of some of these things happening to people. Of all, it may actually be that no one really talks about this kind of thing when it does happen to them - as per 'the rules' of their occult studies & the ever present, 'oh, please, let me look normal like everyone else'.

Honestly though, regarding this stuff, it almost wouldn't surprise me if I were just crazy Iza. I even have a tendency right now, to immediately dismiss that and just be like, 'I'm not that crazy!'. But, damn, really - what proof do I have? Sorcery might not really function the same way for me as it does others. I mean, I've literally seen things standing there before & sometimes people. It's not always about taking a spirit into me any more & really, it never has been - with the exception of a few gods that I relate to a little bit. Which, that, was just a form of prayer - unless you're counting all those nice Golden Dawn invocations I used to do regularly. My only problem with invocations, you see, is that it's really not the smartest thing a psi-vamp can do. Yes, when there's a personality to what you're invoking and you can just interact - okay. But, if you're invoking beings/creatures that are relatively easy for you to absorb - you'll just walk around all day crackling & bristling with energy.

As you're stating, it sounds like I might be schizo. Well, if I end up with way too much energy & I can't possibly use it fast enough - depending on what 'did that' to me, I can actually have various temporary symptoms. Whether you know much about psi-vamps at all, this is part of the reason that one specific caste among the psi-vamps are crazy as hell, most of the time. They drain & use energy at ridiculous speeds & never really allow their mind to heal or stay solid - basically. Unfortunately, everyone is limited by their intellect. So, yeah, invoking anything is a trial for me & it's mostly because there's a chance I'll start eating whatever I've invoked. I am usually a pent up hard nose about taking energy from people, place, things - but occasionally I do what I do & when I do - sometimes I over do it & I'm loony. I can't transmute energy as quickly as I used to, I'm way out of practice. I'd say if anything, all of this apparent hallucination - might be because, I need to get my ass in gear again & take care of a couple important astral & physical tasks.

Thanks for the response, as always, gorgeous lady.

Peace,

Nion

Old 03-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #7
Nion

Hmm .. as I was reading in the Golden Dawn manuel last night - there are actually some descriptions similar to what I saw regarding 'etheric form' & it is consistantly the closest thing to what I've witnessed here. Especially when Regarde was going on about how it appears as though it's a
cinemetogrphical projection of some sort. The only difference is, with other aspects of what happened - it's more like an 'ethereal form' & there's no trace of the magician's body. Though, I'm going to continue reading about this particular thing & get to where I grasp the techniques that he's talking about, for, 'dealing with' the phenominon. Likewise, I actually have one friend who's seen something exactly like this. The person who did this, right in front of her, was actually heading into the G:.D:.

I did get some responses on another forum, but, the most helpful actually just suggested that what happened was actually ethereal form., as opposed to etheric. I shall experiment though, and be ready for the next time someone does this. Perhaps, these 'etheric' techniques will be beneficial.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #8
Izabael DaJinn

I recommend a movie Through a Glass Darkly. A girl does go bonkers with schizophrenia, but the way it happens, from her point of view, does seem like another world opening.

Or it could just be the astral plane, but why you are so sensitive to it, without even really working on it, seems odd. I don't know.

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #9
Nion

Schitzophrenia is pretty well out, I've seen multiple psychiatrists & every single one has diagnosed something else entirely. That's about as viable as trying to blame my apparent 'drug-problem'. Yes, I've had experiments & studies .. but I really have, never gotten completely out of control.

This, this is actually some minor deal anyway. Now that I've researched just a bit further, I can almost understand how some could think this is a fairly easy thing to do. As for my astral perceptions, and assuming an astral body - this was precisely the reason that I ever tried a drug in the first place. Sadly, the best combination for ME, to be able to force me enough calm, to retain concentration (to surpass the astral eddies & stray thoughts of those around me, which clung to me - like a kind of ticker tape) was, sadly enough, cough syrup or more aptly anti-cough gell tabs.
With the peace of calm, created by the dextromethorphin-hydrobromide & it's coupled pseudoephidrine - I had excellent opportunity to voyage adequately. Robotripping, as it is, was my first experiment.

I liked that, except for one thing, it really did cook the keytones out onto your tongue by morning. Yick. Kissing, was not an option.
It's too bad, actually, that people had to have a big old meth party
over ephidrene in general. It can actually be a fairly useful herb, ephedra, when you're doing something which requires a little extra performance energy. LOL. Worst thing in the world to try to combine with sex though. LOL.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #10
p0temk1n

Definitely touching on the astral plane

it is a place with a lot of illusion and delusion though, but it shows you are able to see the cracks in the reality

might i recommend deep meditation, at least a dharana, enough to get you past the astral into deeper realms.

much less confusion there. less can be accomplished on the astral than many magicians believe. change wrought at a deeper level is like using a lever properly and the effort applied is less and makes more lasting changes.
p0temk1n is offline   Reply With Quote