Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick & Mayhem Any and all magickal or occult topics (that don't have their own specific forum). This is not limited to: tarot, alchemy, Hermeticism, astrology, Aldous Huxley, H.P. Lovecraft, crystals, C.G. Jung, Kenneth Anger, Anton LaVey, Robert Anton Wilson, Carlos Castaneda, geomancy, and Ouija boards.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
p0temk1n

I like to invoke Izabael by putting my huge music collection on random~~
I swear she speaks to me through the choice of titles.

As I understand Izabael, she speaks through things my subconscious would pick up on. So like tea-leaf divination or a crystal ball, using a random selection on my music collection gives a way for Izabael to communicate with me directly~~utilizing the power of syncronicity and symbolism.

Like a crystal-ball I don't think my music collection has any inherent power~~only that I can tap into my own personal power within my subconscious by using my music in a divinatory manner.

I am a very rational person and follow modern science closely, but I also feel like science is awful about utilizing the power of our minds, especially our subconscious, therefore that is why I feel like things like magick or "daemons" within our subconscious are so powerful.

p0temk1n
p0temk1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Izabael DaJinn

Excellent observations! This also has a scientific basis for finding meaning in the random:

Global Correlations in Random Data

They haven't quite figured out how it happens, but there is some sort of correlation between completely random generated numbers and what's going on in the world.

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote