Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Aleister Crowley, Thelema, Crowleyanity, Abrahadabra Discuss anything about the single greatest force in promulgating magick of all time, The Great Beast (Master Therion), a.k.a. V.V.V.V.V (Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici -- "While still living, I have conquered the universe by dint of truth.") and Perdurabo ("I Will endure unto the end.")

Old 01-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
master876

Default beginner question

Hi iam beginner in thelema system
and my question is who i need to offer the ritual to Ra hoor khuit , hadit, or nuit or all the 3 deity.
'see AL I. 52'

Thank you
master876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:54 AM   #2
ceewayne

Who is speaking in Chapter One of the Book of the Law?

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
ceewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #3
ceewayne

And this might be helpful too...
http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0837.html

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
ceewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Izabael DaJinn

This is a good question.

The easy answer is that all rituals should be to Nuit, but if you don't then her son will "avenge" as per the line you quoted:

52. If this be not aright; if ye confound the space-marks, saying: They are one; or saying, They are many; if the ritual be not ever unto me: then expect the direful judgments of Ra Hoor Khuit!

Ultimately Nuit/Hadit/Ra-Hoor-Khuit are all one, much like the Book of the Law is one book with 3 parts. But to focus on anything but Nuit, which is to say sublime spiritual pleasure, only brings pain, i.e. the direful judgments of Ra Hoor Khuit.

That's the simple answer at least.

xoxo
iza

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
master876

Thanks all for reply
Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
master876

So i need to fight for rhk, and make rituals for nuit , what for hadit?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Izabael DaJinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by master876 View Post
So i need to fight for rhk, and make rituals for nuit , what for hadit?
That's one way to look at it. Hadit need not be worshiped at all for he is the "worshiper" within us.

I feel like Ra-Hoor-Khuit is the fiery energy of my passion, creativity, and focus. He destroys all in my path that would harm me. So he fights for me, more than I fight for him, but ultimately we are one--we are none!

xoxo
izabael

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:19 AM   #8
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by master876 View Post
So ... what for hadit?
"22. I am the Snake that giveth Knowledge & Delight and bright glory, and stir the hearts of men with drunkenness. To worship me take wine and strange drugs whereof I will tell my prophet, & be drunk thereof! They shall not harm ye at all. It is a lie, this folly against self. The exposure of innocence is a lie. Be strong, o man! lust, enjoy all things of sense and rapture: fear not that any God shall deny thee for this."

His own journal claimed that Crowley took doses of heroin to worship Hadit at times, but he also claimed to shun any drug use for it's purely anesthetic effects at the same time which would be counter-productive to Hadit worship. This is a meditation that celebrates and stimulates the core reality of being & becoming then; not, "getting fucked up"; not escaping reality.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 03-16-2011 at 04:44 AM.
nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
dewDragon

Default Hi, I am not a beginner in Thelema...

How very interesting. New here of course, and rather perplexed. I go back a ways. Had the temple at 719 Scott Street on Alamo Square. That would be right diagonally southwest of Kenneth Anger's most famed temple in the Old Russian Embassy. We knocked noggins over these things and saw eyes in eye. Neither of us saw Crowley as anything that special, contrary to popular notion. He only pointed the way with absolutely no consciousness of what he was about. It was as though his chicken neck was snapped and the powers awaited the dance to spell out in blood the way. So, why credit this man??? That pervert? I don't mean to be harsh nor irreverent any more than he, himself, would fully appreciate.

Out of it all comes one in alla, as child of Ra and second Adam. He is not Achad.

Crowley admits he is not the one... nor is Achad. He is too responsive to the old ways. Achad reveals the need to break free, but doesn't. A NEW WAY COMES.

Last edited by dewDragon; 10-25-2011 at 02:26 PM.
dewDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #10
dewDragon

Default Rituals

Rituals are good, but there is a new temple made of a new stone. That stone is hewn of four minerals, motive, emotive, cogent, and pneuma. When carefully placed, ALL IS POSSIBLE. You will know we sinners by our works. My enemies fall and my friends shall rise.
dewDragon is offline   Reply With Quote