Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 08-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Izabael DaJinn

Default Astral and scrying practices

One of the biggest requests/complaints I get from new students is that they suck at scrying/evocation etc. and want to improve.

To that I usually say practice being receptive and watching and noting sensations, and always write down your experiences afterward as that somehow makes future scrying/astral sessions more real.

As far as specific ways to practice best way I've found is probably the Golden Dawn tattwa method.

Golden Dawn 2=9 Introduction to the Tattwas

Are there any better examples of the exercises though somewhere? I'll have to keep looking.

Also does anyone want to share their own techniques of how they improved their astral vision?

Practicing daily rituals in your imagination is good too, and will build up your astral senses and your concentration. Being receptive and passive is the goal, but paradoxically it takes focus and discipline to stay in that calm receptive state long enough to do any good. You'll see just how far you have to go the first time you do the LBRP in the astral (your "imagination") and your mind keeps wandering at the very first pentagram ;-)

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izabael DaJinn View Post
One of the biggest requests/complaints I get from new students is that they suck at scrying/evocation etc. and want to improve.
I hear that.

Quote:
To that I usually say practice being receptive and watching and noting sensations
Quote:
and always write down your experiences afterward as that somehow makes future scrying/astral sessions more real.
I find that in it's own way, it makes the experience somewhat objective by externalizing the idea permanently. Moreover you don't know what you truly know about your vision until you write it down as you reflect on it without being in the heat of concentration. Further, those experiences quickly recede back into the subconscious just like dreams do. Reading my old journals feels like reading someone elses journals until I remember in detail how I actually did those things I'd written about the experience of.

Quote:
As far as specific ways to practice best way I've found is probably the Golden Dawn tattwa method.

Golden Dawn 2=9 Introduction to the Tattwas
I never enjoyed the tattwas, personally. I went the Enochian Initiation route; The Watchtower System tour. The aires, though touted as being such amazing tools for developing skrying, have given me next to nothing however except the Aurum Solis method, I believe, of skrying the accompanying physical locations by using the 1st and 2nd key. It actually produced visions of geographical landmarks I later verified with Google. Technical Remote Viewing is great practice too, though it teaches you to pull symbols out of your mind and to interpret then rather than literally skrying remote places.

Quote:
Also does anyone want to share their own techniques of how they improved their astral vision?
I'll come back, but the biggest boost to my skrying and evocation came after my extended tour of the Enochian Watchtowers, evoking one subangle per tablet at a time for a few days each. You master the system and you learn how to focus in on an energy signature and call it forth. I really cut my teeth on evocation with that tour, though it sickened my body from overstress. And though it sicked my body temporarily, and though I had to take a week or two off and finish while sick as hell, I've permanently retained all of that wisdom and the changes the elementals themselves have performed on each layer of my internal worlds.

Quote:
Practicing daily rituals in your imagination is good too, and will build up your astral senses and your concentration.
This is great. Eyes open using your own picture as an imagination aide is brilliant practice.

Quote:
Being receptive and passive is the goal, but paradoxically it takes focus and discipline to stay in that calm receptive state long enough to do any good.
Oh yeah, and wouldn't you know that near all students I've seen, myself included, had a period of struggling to "hear" the voices of the spirits, and see things... what I didn't know was that my subconscious was already focused on what I wanted. I just needed to learn to get out of my own way and perceive without censorship!

Quote:
You'll see just how far you have to go the first time you do the LBRP in the astral (your "imagination") and your mind keeps wandering at the very first pentagram ;-)
I suggest also not trying to maintain a static image of everything, but allow it to morph and to do whatever it will as long as it maintains coherence. Beginners try to see everything perfectly, but that kind of detail emerges through receptivity and focus rather than being forced. You can listen and strain your third eye as hard as you want -- until you learn to immerse yourself and your awareness in the spirit and to silence your mind while focusing on the corresponding astral senses (which becomes more automatic) -- you just aren't going to hear or see anything most likely.

Hopefully I'll be back to contribute specifics sometime soon...

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 08-10-2010 at 11:26 PM.
nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
Izabael DaJinn

*bump*

Thanks, Nytek! (As always!)

Anyone else have an ideas to share or links to beginner astral practices?

xoxo
izabael

B
ABA
ZABAE
IZABAEL
ZABAE
ABA
B
Izabael DaJinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:23 AM   #4
TrueLeoSnake

The Robert Monroe Institute (dedicated to studying and teaching Astral Projection and Out of Body Experience aka OOBE's) estimate that 25% of the human race are natural-astral projectors. Those lucky ones have most likely been experiencing Astral Projections (AP's) from a very early age. Also for such persons using almost any technique that's find online i.e. guided meditation, rope trick, visualization, etc. those persons will most likely experience an AP. In fact natural astral projectors can even experience involuntary AP's like during running or even having sex.

Now the majority of the human race i.e. 75% of human beings aren't natural projectors. The majority of the human race has to develop the ability to astral project with a structured training exercises that develops the awareness to access that state of consciousness. What that previous statement means is astral projection is actually "consciousness transference" into more sublime states like the astral plane. In fact the same spiritual ability that allows one to astral project is also the same principle at work during Lucid Dreaming.

Again for natural-astral projectors almost any technique such as guided meditation will work to trigger the ability. The rest of us need more proven techniques to refine/unlock that ability. There's two videos that I know will be very beneficial for the 75% of us not natural-astral projectors.

The first one is "Everyone can Astral Project" by Dero7 now UNITETHECOLLECTIVE which was orginally posted on Youtube. This technique is straightforward and all one need is a candle flame to work the technique. Dero7 doesn't explain it in the video but his technique actually activates the Pineal Gland aka the Third Eye! https://vimeo.com/115770827

The second is "The Phase - Shattering the Illusion of Reality" by Michael Raduga https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGwbBRj4Fc8

Raduga even has a pdf version of the Phase available online which can be downloaded
for free. Everything to work the technique is stated within the video but I know some will still like to read the pdf book. http://obe4u.com/files/the_phase.pdf

Good Luck!!!!!

P.S. The videos techniques above will of course still work for those lucky enough to be natural-astral projectors!
TrueLeoSnake is offline   Reply With Quote