Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick rituals, guides, and lessons A place to post rituals, guides, lessons, and FAQs, by me and anyone else who wants to contribute and start their own threads. Experts in any area of magick are welcome.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:42 PM   #1
TheDarkMagician

Default Burning spells

i am curious as to if it may be dangerous to burn a written spell, if i had made a mistake in writing it and wish to not keep it as i am a perfectionist. I am writing a spell for ritual magick, and i am trying to keep my final written spell scroll as neat and aesthetic as possible, more as a personal preference.
TheDarkMagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #2
Djinn and juice

I think burying it would be better. At a crossroads is traditional. Burning is more of a method to release magick, or in some cases punish a spirit if it's their sigil. As it's imperfect in your eyes, you would be releasing imperfect magick into the world, and though it's unlikely to cause any major issues, if you're that much of a perfectionist there's a possibility it could, and I'd hate to be that guy who told you "it will be fine" to watch you sprint into a minefield.

Burying it seems more appropriate, like a respectful end to an energy, finalizing it.

The other option would be to leave it out of sight long enough for you to stop thinking of it as magickal. When you see it as only a draft, dispose of it any way.
Djinn and juice is offline   Reply With Quote