Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Magick rituals, guides, and lessons A place to post rituals, guides, lessons, and FAQs, by me and anyone else who wants to contribute and start their own threads. Experts in any area of magick are welcome.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
Djinn and juice

Default Moon phase, Planetary days and hours, and evocation.

How closely (if at all) do you follow the above when you evoke? For example, Bune's day is a Sunday, he's a solar spirit so I evoke him on a Sunday in an hour of the Sun, in the waxing Moon if I want to draw things to me, waning if I want his more destructive nature, but I know of people who evoke the same spirit whenever they want and get the same kind of results from him. However, if I try to work anything disregarding the hours, days, and Moon phase I see a difference in the kind of results I get.

I'm of the belief that this is purely because of my belief, and habit in practice. Because I associate the waning Moon with certain things that's what I get, for example, but does this mean I can "train" myself to work without these restrictions? Is that a case of doing until it works the way I want it to?

I think this says a lot about how we experience spirits, and how subjective the experience is. I'm of the belief that spirits are an independent intelligence rather than an aspect of our consciousness, most of the time. I also believe that in some cases there is really no difference between a construct and an independent intelligence, they can both be as capable of affecting our reality in the same kind of way. But why then, Do I get bad Bune when someone else gets good Bune at the same time? Is it purely down to the kind of requests I make, or are they fitting with what I have in my mind? Stepping into the shoes I created for it, if you will.

Just some thoughts I've been pondering for a while that I thought might get some interesting debate going.
Djinn and juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:18 PM   #2
Omera

No. I just check the phase of the moon sometimes to see if it coincides with my mode of work. Its 50/50 which means its just the way the moon is and irrelevant to my desire for work. sometimes the full moon has obvious influence on things but thats about it.

An open mind is a fortress with its gates unguarded and open.

Doubt is the doorway from which the truth may pass through.

I'm a threshold or a mirror but I'm neither the object reflected nor the the two places between the threshold.
Omera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:14 AM   #3
MagickNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omera View Post
No. I just check the phase of the moon sometimes to see if it coincides with my mode of work. Its 50/50 which means its just the way the moon is and irrelevant to my desire for work. sometimes the full moon has obvious influence on things but thats about it.
No, its 14.2/100 or 1/7.

MagickNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:23 AM   #4
Magari

I really only pay attention to full and new moons.

Magari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:40 AM   #5
MagickNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magari View Post
I really only pay attention to full and new moons.
Because you can only count to two.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #6
Magari

There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who know that they don't know, and those who don't.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:48 AM   #7
MagickNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magari View Post
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who know that they don't know, and those who don't.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those whom were chosen and those whom were kicked out on their assess and those whom kick those whom were thrown out even more, just for the lulz.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #8
Djinn and juice

MN, if you've got nothing to contribute, please don't kill the potential for possible constructive debate with trolling.

Magari and Omera, have you both always worked that way? Have you ever tried working with the timings and noticed any difference in results?
Djinn and juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #9
Magari

value = benefits/cost

I try to maximize value.

While I personally haven't tried to work with every potential moon phase I don't see the value in wasting my time with them when the poles provide all the necessary energy and symbolism for almost every occasion.

While certain things might warrant a middle phase, I can almost always find aspects of the ritual that tend to tip the influence one way or the other.

I try to stay as practical and productive as possible.

Again, value = benefits/cost