Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Aleister Crowley, Thelema, Crowleyanity, Abrahadabra Discuss anything about the single greatest force in promulgating magick of all time, The Great Beast (Master Therion), a.k.a. V.V.V.V.V (Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici -- "While still living, I have conquered the universe by dint of truth.") and Perdurabo ("I Will endure unto the end.")

Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Barrackubus

Default Rudolf Steiner....anybody?

No discussion on Thelema maybe complete without giving Rudolf Steiner a moment of applause, I just wanted to open a discussion about the teachings of Rudolf Steiner and his very vivid detailed discription on connecting to that higher part of ourselves in his work Knowledge of the higher worlds.
In it he very vividly and with practical application and the most reasonable understanding describes for us certian conditions in ourselves that when met transforms our inner selves and deepens our understanding of those hidden or secret things. Quite literally it specifically expounds upon my own path, and upon reading the century old book, I am to wonder at those who strive for the new things, but yet is there anything new.
As you make your way through the pages and find places of application, it is of no damaging consequence that this wisdom was brought to light. The parts that thouroughly fed me into understanding that I felt as though I could written the book myself, but not so quite a eloquently, it does however solidfy somewhat my spirtual structure and builds upon what I hope Thelema is to me, without corruption. His description of the guardians is likened unto the holy guardian angel, and the role they play in the training of occult scientist. It is an excellent read and would gladly assist in the discussion of anything concerning Dr. Steiner.

It should never be forgotten for a single moment that the central and essential work of the Magician is the attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. Once he has achieved this he must of course be left entirely in the hands of that Angel, who can be invariably and inevitably relied upon to lead him to the further great step—crossing of the Abyss and the attainment of the grade of Master of the Temple.

Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole law..
Barrackubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
healthadvocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrackubus View Post
No discussion on Thelema maybe complete without giving Rudolf Steiner a moment of applause, I just wanted to open a discussion about the teachings of Rudolf Steiner and his very vivid detailed discription on connecting to that higher part of ourselves in his work Knowledge of the higher worlds.
In it he very vividly and with practical application and the most reasonable understanding describes for us certian conditions in ourselves that when met transforms our inner selves and deepens our understanding of those hidden or secret things. Quite literally it specifically expounds upon my own path, and upon reading the century old book, I am to wonder at those who strive for the new things, but yet is there anything new.
As you make your way through the pages and find places of application, it is of no damaging consequence that this wisdom was brought to light. The parts that thouroughly fed me into understanding that I felt as though I could written the book myself, but not so quite a eloquently, it does however solidfy somewhat my spirtual structure and builds upon what I hope Thelema is to me, without corruption. His description of the guardians is likened unto the holy guardian angel, and the role they play in the training of occult scientist. It is an excellent read and would gladly assist in the discussion of anything concerning Dr. Steiner.
is this the book:
Amazon Amazon

also i knew someone who went to a steiner school and loved it so i did some research and i love the approach... if i ever have kids and i send them to school... i'd probably opt for the steiner approach before anything else... although there is a green school in indonesia which is also worthy from my point of view
healthadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote