Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Witchcraft & Sorcery This is the place to discuss techniques and spells typical to witchcraft and sorcery, including Wicca, Hoodoo, Voodoo, Santería, and any form of Shamanism. The discussion of sorcerer-witches like A.O. Spare and Andrew Chumbley is also germane.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
believer

Default magical capacitors

can anyone tell about magical capacitors. how to make one, how to charge, how to use, etc?

Liceat videre tenebras, ut luce perfusa
believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Anubis

Magical capacitor, lets see, you want something that will contain energy, force of some sort, right? You could create an entity to serve that purpose, try looking into evocation and servitor creation.

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
believer

im not sure i want to create something that i have to look after though. everything i have read on servitors and the like say that it is a great deal of work/responsibility

Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
Adorned

If I understand correctly, you're essentially talking about a magical battery, yes? Something in which to store energy? If this is the case, I know of two options.

First, you can use an object. For this, choose an object, cleanse it and bless it (preferably, if you're not into that thing, that's up to you), and channel energy directly into it. To my knowledge, there is no way to make this permanent, although the amount of energy and what the substance is will heavily influence how long it will stay "charged."

The second and more complex option is to use something that is living. Theoretically, this could be anything from a tree to an animal, from a human to the Earth. Personally, the only one of these I would use to actually store energy in would be the Earth, though I have used techniques before in which one let's energy out using a tree as a conduit when you are having trouble grounding. While I've heard of people using living things as batteries, I find the practice to be a bit strange myself, not to mention a bit impractical and probably difficult to manage.

Personally, I like to channel my energy back into the Earth, knowing I can call upon energy therefrom whenever I need.
Adorned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
believer

thanks! i have more or less created the first option a few months ago, but it is good to know i was spot on! i use a hanayama cast puzzle called quartet. it is made of solid zinc. i like it because i imagine the 4 pieces representing the 4 elements. when i use it for magical purposes, i put it in the configuration with all the pieces interlocked into a single form representing the 5th element. simple, cool, and with plenty of symbolism thrown in for good measure
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040059.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	35   Click image for larger version

Name:	cast_quartet.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	36  

Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
Adorned

Very interesting. I like that it has the ability to represent the elements, and let's face it, having a magical puzzle is just plain cool. I have to say, I don't know that I've ever charged anything made of zinc. Did you do it just by channeling energy or did you use a ritual?
Adorned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
believer

i attuned it to my natural energy. i just kept it with me and moved energy through and around it until it became receptive enough to store energy. if any of that makes sense haha it works well enough but i am unsure of the efficacy of zinc.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:45 AM   #8
Phoso

Nice, i often think myself how to make a spiritual energy capacitor, or to fill it with a certain kind of energy that can be easily molded to the will of the magician.

For starters, our bodies are magical capacitors, and obviously very sophisticated ones. I do have a good idea as to what substances can hold immense amounts of energies, which can be found in my book.

Whatever it may be, one can be assured that some these instruments/capacitors already exist under/or on the surface of the planet, depends on who controls it and what it is used for.

For now though, crystals certainly can hold energy as well, but better yet can be used to open a gateway to a greater power, which must first be sought by the bearer.

Phoso is offline   Reply With Quote