Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Ye Old Black Magick If Alex from A Clockwork Orange could do magick, what sort of magick would he do?

Old 04-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNative View Post
As you progress along the path the distinctions between "Black" or "White" magick seem less stark and eventually cease to exist.

LVX
In my experience, that too, is just a stage. Much like dying the hair black and dressing similarly is for Satanists a way to divorce themselves from their former limiting self-image and painful associations therewith, intellectualizing everything into the gray zone is a stage of growth and change as well. It's a stage where one starts to peel back the veneer of maya to gaze at the machinery inside. The old self dies upon severe introspection. You find yourself breaking the chain of cause and effect until reason fails you altogether, right up until the Joke of the Universe stage is reached and the cosmic meaninglessness and worthlessness of everything becomes a great source of enjoyment and peace. There is a "black" and a "white" again, even if we realize the limitations and implications of duality as we use the terms loosely.

But to the person who says proudly that maya is just an illusion, I refute their claim by kicking a boulder and shouting out in pain. Illusions are real since all illusions are equal and compared to one another relatively. Likewise, there is a perception of white and black magic, whatever it is defined as. It is real even if not objective.

And just because subjective value judgements shape the terms "black" and "white", as used, doesn't mean that for sake of convenience there is no value in applying labels accordingly. I personally like to say, "black magic" when talking about performing baneful sorceries more than anything else, in my own case. Forms that don't imprison us are useful for communication in my opinion.

nytek

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

Last edited by nytek; 04-30-2012 at 08:13 PM.
nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
NeoNative

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytek View Post
In my experience, that too, is just a stage. Much like dying the hair black and dressing similarly is for Satanists a way to divorce themselves from their former limiting self-image and painful associations therewith, intellectualizing everything into the gray zone is a stage of growth and change as well. It's a stage where one starts to peel back the veneer of maya to gaze at the machinery inside. The old self dies upon severe introspection. You find yourself breaking the chain of cause and effect until reason fails you altogether, right up until the Joke of the Universe stage is reached and the cosmic meaninglessness and worthlessness of everything becomes a great source of enjoyment and peace. There is a "black" and a "white" again, even if we realize the limitations and implications of duality as we use the terms loosely.

But to the person who says proudly that maya is just an illusion, I refute their claim by kicking a boulder and shouting out in pain. Illusions are real since all illusions are equal and compared to one another relatively. Likewise, there is a perception of white and black magic, whatever it is defined as. It is real even if not objective.

And just because subjective value judgements shape the terms "black" and "white", as used, doesn't mean that for sake of convenience there is no value in applying labels accordingly. I personally like to say, "black magic" when talking about performing baneful sorceries more than anything else, in my own case. Forms that don't imprison us are useful for communication in my opinion.

nytek
I'm referring to the transcendence of dualism.

LVX
NeoNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
nytek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNative View Post
I'm referring to the transcendence of dualism.

LVX
Yes. Likewise. And I; the later stages of it.

nytek

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

--C.G. JUNG

nytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:31 AM   #14
Anubis

Well most people who fear the spooky dark stuff are probably raised to think that way.

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #15
Barrackubus

Crowley said.... As was said at the opening of the second chapter, the Single Supreme Ritual is the attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. It is the raising of the complete man in a vertical straight line...Any other operation is black magic...If the magician needs to perform any other operation than this, it is only lawful in so far as it is a necessary preliminary to That One Work.

It should never be forgotten for a single moment that the central and essential work of the Magician is the attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. Once he has achieved this he must of course be left entirely in the hands of that Angel, who can be invariably and inevitably relied upon to lead him to the further great step—crossing of the Abyss and the attainment of the grade of Master of the Temple.

Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole law..
Barrackubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
myst moonlight

Ever mind the Rule of Three Three times what you givest returns to thee This is the lesson, you must learn You only gets what you earn

By night he’s the wild wind’s rider,
The Horn’d One, the Lord of the shades,
By day he’s the King of the Woodlands,
The dweller in green forest glades.

She is youthful or old as she pleases,
She sails the torn clouds in her barque,
The bright silver lady of midnight,
The crone who weaves spells in the dark.
myst moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #17
ceewayne

Question

You have a gun. You see someone about to attack a child with the intention of killing that child. Would it be moral to shoot that person?

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
ceewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #18
amjollner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceewayne View Post
Question

You have a gun. You see someone about to attack a child with the intention of killing that child. Would it be moral to shoot that person?
It would, but you still might feel bad about it. Black being something used against someone in a harmful way. White being used to help people. Now I know that we can get into this a lot deeper and debate the types like baneful, enochian, chaos, Thelmic etc. but doesn't it depend on your intent. However in traditional religious circles, all magick is black magic. lol
amjollner is offline   Reply With Quote