Looking for Wisdom? Welcome to The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums!

You must register before you can post. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list below.

Member Login:

Beginner's Magick Forum This is a safe haven for magick and occult newbies. The rest of the forums may bite, but here Izabael will assist with beginner's questions on magick and demonology (daemonology).

Old 08-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
эрик

Default Barcahiel/Barachiel ?

Anyone have information on this entity? I had a rather strange...I guess 'thought' regarding it. I was thinking of magical names to come up with and the name 'Barakiel' popped into head. Kind've thought hm, that's a cool name, wrote it down, and got distracted by something else and forgot about it for the rest of the day. Next day I was reading the Art Almadael of Solomon and why hallo thar. Barcahiel! Recognized it immediately as very similar to the name I thought I 'came up with. "What the hell is going on here?" o_o I hadn't even downloaded the Almadael until that day so I'm sure it wasn't some subconscious memory of the name that I remembered when writing down Barakiel.

From the tidbits of info that I've been able to find Barachiel (note the slight spelling difference between this version and the Almadael) is an angel according to The Eastern Orthodox Church (which I've been looking into converting to interestingly) and is a powerful one at that.

Now my basic question is, does anyone have experience with this entity or would anyone happen to know it's seal?

I suppose I could make a seal from the Phoenician spelling of his name, but I'm not exactly keen on making seals. Not interested in summoning this entity right now, but may in the future.

I did search the forums too, in case you're wondering >.>
эрик is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
wartyg96

Never worked with him... But I know that said angel is supposedly a Grigori Watcher
Baraqiel Baraqiel

Glorius art thou, Thine lady behind the Veil of Purity, Queen of the silvered waters, Shining in the heavens as the Celestial Serpent!
Great, is the Goddesses Kebetchet

Hail to thy name, Thy Jackal of the mountain, Seasoned traveller of the Heavens, Prince of the gates and keeper of mine heart, Hail to thou, lord of the true twilight!
Great is the Name, Anpu

Infinite is thine light, She whom cries in the wrath of spirit, Divine justice, lady of the ever burning flame eternal, Beautiful is she of the red deserts, Eternal is her Greatness, Hail to thou, Lady of Justice
Eternally, thou art Sekhmet!

Oh Thou neteru, Mine masters behold that ectasy be induced at the thought of thy names within the heart of thine disciple!
wartyg96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
эрик

Thanks for pointing that out, using that alternate spelling and others I was able to come across an explanation reconciling the dmonic and angelic "Barachiel". http://www.perception9.com/paranorma...&item=00000132. Apparently there are two different beings going by nearly the same (exactly the same?) name in the book of Enoch. One is a fallen the other so far as I was able to ascertain, is still "angelic" so to speak. So if I want to find the proper seal I guess I need a Hebrew book of Enoch in order to specify the correct entity .__. Now to just find a Hebrew book of enoch…

"Pauci intelligunt, multi reprehendunt, & sicut canes ignotos semper allatrant. Few understand, many reprehend, and as dogs bark at those they know not: so do many condemn and hate the things they understand not. "

"Now, to demonstrate the grandeur of modern progress, we have a poor, miserable, disconnected populace with nothing but American films, politics, and empty vacations to satisfy the ever-present human need of living in harmony with the universal spiritual forces underlying nature and all phenomena."

"I do not believe that mysticism is a mere mental aberration. I am inclined to believe that the human consciousness is a developing thing, and that the mystical consciousness represents a higher stage than we have reached." ~ J.W.N. Sullivan
Old 08-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
wartyg96

Ah, nice

There is (I just found the name whilst flipping through agrippas book 3) also a angel named Barchiel, who rules Pisces and Scorpio. The only difference is a single "A" which suggests that he may rule over these two signs, though he may be a different spirit

Glorius art thou, Thine lady behind the Veil of Purity, Queen of the silvered waters, Shining in the heavens as the Celestial Serpent!

Hail to thy name, Thy Jackal of the mountain, Seasoned traveller of the Heavens, Prince of the gates and keeper of mine heart, Hail to thou, lord of the true twilight!
Great is the Name, Anpu

Infinite is thine light, She whom cries in the wrath of spirit, Divine justice, lady of the ever burning flame eternal, Beautiful is she of the red deserts, Eternal is her Greatness, Hail to thou, Lady of Justice

Oh Thou neteru, Mine masters behold that ectasy be induced at the thought of thy names within the heart of thine disciple!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
wartyg96

Quote:
Over the twelve Signs are set these, viz. over Aries Malchidael; over Taurus Asmodel;
over Gemini Ambriel; over Cancer Muriel; over Leo Verchiel; over Virgo Hamaliel; over
Libra Zuriel; over Scorpio Barchiel; over Sagittarius Advachiel; over Capricorn Hanael;
over Aquarius Cambiel; over Pisces Barchiel.
Thats the quote...

Great is the Name, Anpu

Old 09-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #6
эрик

Ah, thanks for that. If I am successful in eventually contacting him, perhaps I'll ask what Zodiac he rules

"Pauci intelligunt, multi reprehendunt, & sicut canes ignotos semper allatrant. Few understand, many reprehend, and as dogs bark at those they know not: so do many condemn and hate the things they understand not. "

"Now, to demonstrate the grandeur of modern progress, we have a poor, miserable, disconnected populace with nothing but American films, politics, and empty vacations to satisfy the ever-present human need of living in harmony with the universal spiritual forces underlying nature and all phenomena."

"I do not believe that mysticism is a mere mental aberration. I am inclined to believe that the human consciousness is a developing thing, and that the mystical consciousness represents a higher stage than we have reached." ~ J.W.N. Sullivan
Old 03-03-2016, 01:47 PM   #7
эрик

Resurrecting this from the dead, because I finally got my hands on a Hebrew book of Enoch a few months ago and there's still rather little information on this entity out there.

So for future reference to anyone that might find this, the hebrew text of its name is:
ברכיאל

Old 03-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #8
Djinn and juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by эрик View Post
Resurrecting this from the dead, because I finally got my hands on a Hebrew book of Enoch a few months ago and there's still rather little information on this entity out there.

So for future reference to anyone that might find this, the hebrew text of its name is:
ברכיאל
Just a thought, have you checked the Enochian tables of names of the Bonorum? I've just started reading Donald Wilson's Enochian Magick in theory, and the letter B is a big thing in the language, and a possible link to the books of Enoch.
Djinn and juice is offline   Reply With Quote