View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
ceewayne

Welcome Punkdonkey!

Is this your first foray into ritual magick? If so I would recommend the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. It is not at 'Thelemic Ritual' per se, but it is very good. We have a very good writeup of it here.

The Equilibrating Ritual of the Pentagram - The Fool Speaks: Magick, Mayhem, Goetia, and the Occult Forums

Now personally, I find both the LBRP and the Star Ruby to work good together. I do the LBRP to banish and the Star Ruby to create a Thelemic Atmosphere.

As for when to do it, I would recommend the LBRP followed by the Star Ruby once a day at least, with any other rituals of invocation afterwards.

Once you start doing the rituals, then you can personalize them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkdonkey View Post
Hi Everyone,

this is my first time in the forums and I would like to say what a brilliant site and hello to everyone.
I have recently begun to actually practise the rituals of Thelema rather that just read about them.
I would like anyones advice about this as you can imagine I am a bit confused lol
What rituals would you recommend I begin with, obviously i thought the star ruby and the star sapphire. After this what ones should I move on to.
How often should you do the star ruby and the star saphire, is it everday or is it like a banishing before other rituals.
I have seen different versions of these rituals with slight differences, is it possible to personalise them in some way to make them mor powerful.
I hope you can help

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law

Chris

I believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.

And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
ceewayne is offline   Reply With Quote